Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good quality Topsoil in Dublin for Veg beds ??

Options
  • 20-03-2012 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I am looking at putting in new veg beds and topping up old flower beds with topsoil and soil conditioner , there's alot on the web but you cant see it beforehand etc, i heard alot is yellow clay and very poor.

I may need a good bit also probably 2 tonnes

Can anyone reccomend anywhere that sells it and that would deliver too ?

I live in Ballsbridge

Thanks

Peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

These guys are really friendly and the soil/conditioner they sell seems to be really good.

http://www.mulch.ie/

No connection, but I'm about to order some soil mix for a roof garden.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

These guys are really friendly and the soil/conditioner they sell seems to be really good.

http://www.mulch.ie/

No connection, but I'm about to order some soil mix for a roof garden.

100 euro per ton though,delievery was 40 euro extra.

Thats the quote I got from him recently.
    I wish him all the best with the new business though.He seems good on prices for firewood and eco logs for stoves.:)

I got 2 tons of screened topsoil for 110 euro delievered from a different place,and then mixed in my own manure,horticultural grit and compost.This was then used to fill up raised flower beds that were just recently made for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 P D

Hi Guys thanks for the help

I got sorted here www.landscapeproviders.net in Cabinteely

i got 3 tonnes in the endup for 205 , 60 per bag and only 25 delivery , no additional charge for extra bags which was nice. They also deliver it loose which works out at 50 per tonne which i thought was good

Soil looked great plus the place was busy with trade gardeners buying lots too which confirmed my opinion. Now to get ready for my morning delivery !

Cheers

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

paddy147 wrote: »
    100 euro per ton though,delievery was 40 euro extra.

Thats the quote I got from him recently.

That's interesting. I was quoted 70 per ton and 35 delivery to city center if I remember rightly! It's going to work out about 105 for me to collect 1 ton in 40kg bags.

I was also quoted 40 per ton plus 120 delivery if I was to order 20ton. This compares to 300 all in which I was recently charged elsewhere for 20 ton.

Pays to shop around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Landscape Providers

Thanls PD , your veg will be thriving in no time !

We are happy to look after any boards members too !

Regards

• Advertisement
Advertisement