Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Chips

Options
  • 20-03-2012 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭

There's always debate on best chipper in Galway.

This from Irish Times on best chipper in Ireland!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Disagree.

Thought a few people would :)

I wouldn't say the best in Ireland at all, but I've had mostly good chips from there myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

inisboffin wrote: »
    Thought a few people would :)

I wouldn't say the best in Ireland at all, but I've had mostly good chips from there myself.
    Each to there own, im not getting into it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I think it's a unique Galway thing to be able to ruin something that requires almost no effort, for there to even be a debate over who makes the best chips in Galway is evidence enough. Chips are easy, every chipper should be able to make decent, fresh chips, it should be a no-brainer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

On the subject of (Fish and) chips,this may interest some of you:

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/galway/salt-n--pepper/4216984?nlp=&CID=IE_CRM_1_0_0_80&a=1222

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'm really shocked that they have been voted the best chips in Ireland :eek:

Mactard wrote: »
    I think it's a unique Galway thing to be able to ruin something that requires almost no effort, for there to even be a debate over who makes the best chips in Galway is evidence enough. Chips are easy, every chipper should be able to make decent, fresh chips, it should be a no-brainer.

Chips 'preference' (like onion rings apparently) is quite personal.

My 'too greasy' might be another person's ideal.

Some people *love* those horrible stick-like yokes that places like McDonalds do for example.

My fave is cooked well enough not to be hard, a little soft on the outside, a little crisp on the inside. Skins on yum.

Townhouse has had lovely ones of late.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Chips wrapped in actual newspaper look disgusting.

Chips wrapped in actual newspaper look disgusting.

I thought that was illegal now for health reasons? Who still does that?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

Traffic jams, planning objections, being nosy "did anyone see...what's happening??" and of course takeaways. It's all we have to talk about in Galway :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

schween wrote: »
    Traffic jams, planning objections, being nosy "did anyone see...what's happening??" and of course takeaways. It's all we have to talk about in Galway :(

Bus routes and times :D

Getting back on topic(ish), has anyone tried the new chipper where Harry Fritz was? Opened last week, according to Mr justMary.

schween wrote: »

And don't forget about 'moaning about other people's threads'!
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

The best chips I've had in Galway is the Chip Inn over by Woodquay, taste like homemade chips, v tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

J o e wrote: »
    The best chips I've had in Galway is the Chip Inn over by Woodquay, taste like homemade chips, v tasty.

Hmmm that's strange :confused:
    I went to the Chip Inn about a week after they opened and they only had crappy frozen chips straight from a bag, similar to the ones you get in the Charcoal Grill. So they now have homemade-esque chips? Must give it another try if they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Yeah definitely not frozen Charcoal style chips... these were just like homemade. Got them about 3 weeks ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

J o e wrote: »

If they can understand what you are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

The chips in the Cottage in Salthill are unreal, and the dip that comes with them is delicious.
    Nothing beats sitting down the Arch with a cold beer and McDonaghs chips with loads of salt and vinegar on a nice day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yeah. Chip Inns chips have improved. Cheap as well 2quid. They have opened another place just up from Sally Longs as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭da_shivsta

I love the Homeplate! their Home fries are yum! can't remember how much but they do a student discount which is always handy!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Got chips in La Salsa yesterday, they were divine!

• Advertisement

Another +1 for Homeplate's Homefries. Gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Surfacezebra

Just had Chips from the chip in there.They were a good chip before thet were fried and refried and then refried again.Total muck.

Advertisement