Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"You've received a warning, for being a dick"

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Sharrow wrote: »
    People complain, they take umberge it's what they do.
    Same complaints were used when people were told they were being a Muppet or when they were told they were being a spanner.

They just don't like being told their behaviour is out of line and even if there was a 3 months research but into finding the most PC term to use for when people do this, they would still find a way to complain.

ah come on it's got nothing to do with being PC. If the text said "You've been infracted for being a dozy bollocks" - would you still say "people complain, it's what they do". Text has been changed now to the eminently more sensible "uncivil" so it's a moot point. Good job Dav.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

tbh wrote: »
    ah come on it's got nothing to do with being PC. If the text said "You've been infracted for being a dozy bollocks" - would you still say "people complain, it's what they do". Text has been changed now to the eminently more sensible "uncivil" so it's a moot point. Good job Dav.

Personally if I got as a pm or an infraction I'd roar laughing (but I guess not everyone has that sort of sense of humour) and if I needed to I'd pm mod issuing it for clarification.

It would take a lot stronger language for me get my nose out of joint and it's not the language employed that rankles them it's the being wapped with the newspaper on the nose like a bad puppy and they need to get over it.

So now it says being 'uncivil', fair enough, bet there still will be complaints.
    And we can roll our eyes and say they are being Truckle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Sharrow wrote: »
    Personally if I got as a pm or an infraction I'd roar laughing (but I guess not everyone has that sort of sense of humour) and if I needed to I'd pm mod issuing it for clarification.

It would take a lot stronger language for me get my nose out of joint and it's not the language employed that rankles them it's the being wapped with the newspaper on the nose like a bad puppy and they need to get over it.

So now it says being 'uncivil', fair enough, bet there still will be complaints.
    And we can roll our eyes and say they are being Truckle.

I do get what you're saying. What I'm saying is, why meet trouble half-way? "Being a dick" is going to ruffle feathers, no point in drawing that trouble on the mods if you don't have to. And you don't. So they didn't :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Heh, "dozy bollocks", I'm using that phrase next chance I get.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Dav wrote: »
    The text has been changed as a part of an update we rolled out to ModUtils yesterday.

awww,

There goes a part of boards history :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I won the internetz?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

TheDoc wrote: »
    I won the internetz?

you did better, you joined the winning team just as the clock hit zero :)

Advertisement