Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting outside lights

Options
  • 20-03-2012 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience of these http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-7188108E-5707D7FC/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_19239.htm ?

They would be for security at the rear of a house. The plan is to mount two lights positioned back-to-back facing towards side gates at each end of the house wall and one in the middle facing out.

The first two would need to be mounted at a right angle to the house wall.
    What type of mounting brackets would be needed for these and where are they available from? I'm thinking of galvinised angle iron.

Also, there is one power cable and switching wire which would need to be split three ways. What is the best way to do this outdoors?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

I don't like it when I see:

Powerful energy-saving floodlight for wall-mounting in indoor and covered outdoor areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

unusual as theyre not normally fitted in either

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Yorky wrote: »
    Has anyone any experience of these http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-7188108E-5707D7FC/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_19239.htm ?

They would be for security at the rear of a house. The plan is to mount two lights positioned back-to-back facing towards side gates at each end of the house wall and one in the middle facing out.

The first two would need to be mounted at a right angle to the house wall.
    What type of mounting brackets would be needed for these and where are they available from? I'm thinking of galvinised angle iron.

Also, there is one power cable and switching wire which would need to be split three ways. What is the best way to do this outdoors?

Thanks in advance.

They aint the best and they soon fill up with water after a few heavy rain shower.The bracket also started to rust quite fast too.

Neighbour bought 1 last summer and it lasted all of 2 months.

Advertisement