Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken LG phone from amazon.de - WARRANTY?

Options
  • 20-03-2012 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Where should I start if I need to find how to get my phone repaired? I bought it at amazon.de half year ago - it's LG Windows Phone phone. Should I deal with LG or amazon? Should I start to learn german or it can be solved somehow in english? Any help much appreciate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

zom wrote: »
    Where should I start if I need to find how to get my phone repaired? I bought it at amazon.de half year ago - it's LG Windows Phone phone. Should I deal with LG or amazon? Should I start to learn german or it can be solved somehow in english? Any help much appreciate.

id email amazon (us not uk or de) and lg. that way if one says no you will still be on with the other. dont go through amazon.de, us is main so they will do it id say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

What's wrong with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

LG have online chat support. Might be worth a quick shot. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

What's wrong with it?

It is randomly rebooting on it's own (sometimes successfully, sometimes not). Quite often while lying on my desk so I don't even need to touch it.

AntiVirus wrote: »
    LG have online chat support. Might be worth a quick shot. :)

Thanks - I found that today evening but they operate office hours so give a try tomorrow. Do you know where are they based? Ireland? Uk?

UPDATE
    After short chat with LG UK seems like I have to begin to learn German - they cover ONLY phones bought UK / Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Correct me id im wrong do fonemenders not repair phones free of charge under warranty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Correct me id im wrong do fonemenders not repair phones free of charge under warranty?

From what I read and my own experience it seems like motherboard problem (faulty memory) so it's not like "fix" but more about "replacement".

Advertisement