Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Maxol station on Dunmore Road

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

THall04 wrote: »
    No MacDonalds..............

Planning Application: 10169 (Waterford City Council)

"part redevelopment of the existing filling station forecourt incorporating; (A) Demolition of the existing shop building (121 sqm) and removal of the forecourt canopy link; (B) A new convenience store building (4.50m high) with a retail and off-licence area of 159sqm, (the off-licence area of 20sqm will be subsidiary to the main retail use); a cafe seating area of 25.00 sqm; a hot food deli area of 25 sqm; ancillary areas of 175.00 sqm and an ATM room of 6.00sqm; (C) Raising the existing canopy from 4.8 metre to 5.2 metres high; (D) 2 no. 7.10m high X 1.90m wide monolith company signs (illuminated); 2 no. 1.50m high X 1.00m wide poster box signs (non-illuminated) and any ancillary miscellaneous contingent works"
    That will have Some negative affect on the brasscock Centre Londis and the bank machine are the only 2 reasons I go over there. I think the cafe isn't even open now. So if there's a cafe, shop and ATM on the main road nobody will bother driving into the other place which was badly designed in the first place. The only thing that will save them is if Oscars ever open up again....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So then, its a Maxol station, the company cladding has been lashed to the fence and there is an advert in the local papers looking for a tenant. I'd have thought they'd sound out that angle first.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

We had a thread on this a while ago, its been known to be Maxol for a few years. Would have thought they had a tenant alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭camper guy

Hi does anybody Know who the new tenant will be for the restaurant.
    At the Maxol service station Dunmore road. re applications for jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Open since Thursday (with tidying up still ongoing) and like wasps to a jam pot, teenagers are flocking to its shiny delights! Anyone who drives that section of the Dunmore road probably needs to pay particular attention as they get near.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Its a lovely looking petrol station anyway, looking very busy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

mike65 wrote: »
    ...like wasps to a jam pot, teenagers are flocking to its shiny delights!...

Ha, I noticed that as well. I can’t remember having such a draw back in the day. It is nice to see that site being returned to a sensible use though. It is not really suitable for anything else.

Advertisement