Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera Outside the dart station?

• 20-03-2012 5:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

Hello I was wondering if anybody knows if theres any cctv cameras or the like, down the dart station? Reason I'm wondering is because my friend was beaten up pretty badly outside it by group of thugs while he was waiting for a taxi on st.patricks night.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

That's terrible.

Yes, there are CCTV cameras. The guards have at least one pointed at the station, did they not say so? (I assume this crime was reported?) I wouldn't be surprised if CIE had cameras as well. You should ask the stationmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Community Police Bray

Sorry to hear about your friend. We have a CCTV camera on Station Rd ( road the Dart station is on) itself which captures all of of station rd and the Dart station as well as on one close by on Quinnsboro Rd which also captures some of station rd. There is CCTV at the Dart station , if you have not reported the assault please do so that Gardai can follow up on CCTV asap before it is over written.
    Also much depends on the direction the Garda camera was facing at the time of the assault as to whether anything of evidential value was caught.
    There are also victim support services available should your friend require them.

Advertisement