Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mastodon The Academy

Options
  • 20-03-2012 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Mastodon have confirmed a date The Academy on Wednesday July 4th!! Tickets €30.50 including booking fee go on sale this Friday!!:D
    EDIT: With Support From Gorrija :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

EDIT: With Support From Gorrija :D

Gojira*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Cannot wait for this, only ever seen them in a support capacity to Metallica been wanting to see them in their own show!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icarus86

Cant wait for this show, seen both of these bands before so i reckon its gonna be class. Only thing is i have never been to the Academy, been told it is pretty small. Whats the chances tickets will sell out straight away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Hmmmmmmmm. May pick up a ticket for this

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

icarus86 wrote: »
    Cant wait for this show, seen both of these bands before so i reckon its gonna be class. Only thing is i have never been to the Academy, been told it is pretty small. Whats the chances tickets will sell out straight away?

Id say the chances are Strong they have a big fan base here from what I can tell and the Academy is tiny!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

about 800 capacity? They've a big fan base but the price might put some off - it wont sell out immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I've been told that Mastodon tend to sound like a non-descript blur of interchangeable songs when their sound isn't perfect . . . by someone that has seen them more than once.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭soyawhatsup

Morf wrote: »
    I've been told that Mastodon tend to sound like a non-descript blur of interchangeable songs when their sound isn't perfect . . . by someone that has seen them more than once.

Who cares, it's Mastodon!

Gig is over 18s. Sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icarus86

Seen Mastodon twice and they were great both times, gojira were nothing special when i seen them butill still be heading to this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I remember seeing them supporting Tool in 2006 in The Point and I couldn't make out anything! I thought it might have been the acoustics in The Point but Tool sounded great and afterwards I read that their sound was off at many other gigs on that tour too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

They don't seem to be big into soundchecks, when they supported metallica in marlay park pretty much all you could hear was the bass. Still a great gig though. They sounded ok in the academy the last time, lead guitars were a little indistinct at times but other than that they were fine.
    Only for I copped this on the front page I wouldn't have known about it before the morning, fair play to the guy who set the thread up. Being such a small venue it'll surely sell out fairly quick??

I agree with the post above, the sound in the Point when they supported Tool was terrible...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

rickyjb wrote: »
    They don't seem to be big into soundchecks, when they supported metallica in marlay park pretty much all you could hear was the bass. Still a great gig though. They sounded ok in the academy the last time, lead guitars were a little indistinct at times but other than that they were fine.
    Only for I copped this on the front page I wouldn't have known about it before the morning, fair play to the guy who set the thread up. Being such a small venue it'll surely sell out fairly quick??

I agree with the post above, the sound in the Point when they supported Tool was terrible...

Last time was Vicar Street, and Bill was missing too so was only one guitar in the mix. This prob will sell out fairly quickly as its such a small venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Ticket Got looking forward to see them for the first time , just getting back into metal side of music again. These guys are one of the main reasons for that , dying to see if they can pull it off LIVE .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Sorry you're right it was Vicar street, lamb of god were in the academy. And the missing guitar would explain that missing layer of sound, hopefully they'll be better this time. Well just over an hour in there still seems to be tickets left

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Ticket got. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Stormageddon

I forgot they supported Tool in 2006! I arrived just in time to see them poodle off stage :(
    I said it already on the other thread for this gig on the Rock/metal forum but yeah. Ticket got. First time seeing both bands. 850-ish capacity (I think?) Happy Lady :D

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Ticket sorted squeeeee!! See ya'll there!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Second date has been added. They are playing on July 3rd as well.

Cancelled.
    http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=9836379&ar=mastodon&cat=all

It is with great regret that Mastodon have had to cancel their Irish shows, due to the cancellation of the Sonisphere Knebworth Festival, Mastodon have been forced to curtail their tour and cancel their dates at The Academy. Mastodon would like to apologise to all their Irish fans and hope to be able to reschedule the show at a later date. Ticket refunds are available from point of purchase.

• Advertisement

Gutted. Was going to both dates and all!

Balls :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

ah sh*te.........

Tell me this, I bought a ticket online, with pickup on the day. How do I get a refund? Online?

From TM: For customers who purchased their tickets via phone or Internet, refunds will be issued to your credit card and should appear within the next three to five working days.

I have not had this experience before, of a cancelled gig, so do I just wait or do I have to follow it up?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Surprised they didnt re-schedule for Reading/Leeds time

Surprised they didnt re-schedule for Reading/Leeds time

Thanks! Hadn't realised there was another announcement for Leeds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

surprised (well not really) they didn't announce this earlier, they must have known it was off around the same time Katatonia got cancelled, it's the same issue, once Soni got called off the bands shooting over here for a gig that week weren't going to be coming from home to do one off gigs were they ?

seachto7 - if you bought with a credit card you'll have a refund on the credit card ususally takes a few days/week to appear.

NIBBS wrote: »
    surprised (well not really) they didn't announce this earlier, they must have known it was off around the same time Katatonia got cancelled, it's the same issue, once Soni got called off the bands shooting over here for a gig that week weren't going to be coming from home to do one off gigs were they ?

Mastodon have more than month full of dates booked through June, and also had T in the Park booked for after the Dublin gigs, so it's more a case of them deciding to cut their tour short. It seemed like the Irish gigs would be fine, but TITP must have been seen as less of a priority in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

bought with a Laser card, so am assuming it'll be the same thing as CC....

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Anyone know who will supporting them next month?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

damianmcr wrote: »
    Anyone know who will supporting them next month?

Ah ya wanker!!!! I opened this thread, it went straight to Page 2 and top post was 'CANCELLED' wit details of refunds

Phewwwwww

Zombie thread guys, IT'S STILL ON!!!!

Advertisement