Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics Card Advice

Options
  • 20-03-2012 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to build a sub €500 machine, used mainly as a HTPC, but I would also like to be able to play games, although not at the higher graphics settings.

I dont need any monitor or drives, just case, mobo, cpu, ram and graphics card. I will probably go for this i5-2500K bundle, or something similar

I am finding it hard to pick the best value sub €100 card.
    Anyone got any suggestions?

There are so many Nvidia and ATI cards released in the last two years, hard to determine the best value.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Best value sub €100 card is the 6770.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

deconduo wrote: »
    Best value sub €100 card is the 6770.

+1 on 6770

on the other hand op, it will be very hard to fit in to 500eu if you are going 2500k setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭matban

+1 on 6770

on the other hand op, it will be very hard to fit in to 500eu if you are going 2500k setup.

That kit is about €370, so I have €100 for a graphics card, I have the case and drives already, I have a 500W PSU also, not sure will that cut it though.

I may need a 750W

It should come in at €500 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭matban

Thanks for the info about the 6770.

Any opinions on the 550Ti? Something like this

Should I favour the 6770 over the 550Ti ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

500w is more then enough if that psu is not made on ebays underpants gnome factory.

550w is enough to power up a 2500k setup with fastest ( only today lol ) 7970 gpu.

I would favor 6770 m8. Or even 6850 if you can spare 120eu on gpu.

• Advertisement
Advertisement