Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Want To Change Course!! HELP

Options
  • 20-03-2012 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Okay so I'm in second year and I don't like the course that I'm doing and want to change to another course, just wondering what happens and would I have to pay much?? Any advice is greatly appreciated!! :) .. Even deferring a year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Okay so I'm in second year and I don't like the course that I'm doing and want to change to another course, just wondering what happens and would I have to pay much?? Any advice is greatly appreciated!! :) .. Even deferring a year?

First things first, what course are you currently in and what course do you want to switch to?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Go talk to your programme office. It can be done but there are a lot of prerequisites

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I was in your position last year. Go to the programme office - friendliest people you could ever hope to meet and they'll tell you everything you need to know.

If you start again as a first year in a different course you WILL have to pay full fees for your first two years (as you've already got two years in free fees done). However, you can probably keep some of your credits from your current degree programme as elective credits in your new course (max 20, I would say). So, if you wanted, you'd only need to take 10 classes each year until you reach 3rd year.

Anyway, go chat to the programme office. They can tell you more. Good luck! :)

Advertisement