Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M9 Closure Tomorrow 21 March

Options
  • 20-03-2012 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

Hi All, Just spotted this on the AA Roadwatch site.
    I'm sure it will have a big enough impact in the town and people travelling on the M9.

M9/KILDARE/CARLOW
    yellowBullet.gif Tomorrow (Wed 21st) the M9 Dublin/Waterford Rd will close for works both ways between J4 Castledermot and J5 Carlow from 8am to 5pm. Diversions will be in place and signposted through Carlow

Just spotted this aswell, smart thinking eh!

CARLOW
    Single lane traffic will operate on Green Lane in Carlow Town (R448/Old N9) until this Fri (23rd).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

There's been a mobile variable message sign parked at J4 for the past week advising of the closure.
    My guess is that the diverted motorway traffic will most likely be routed along O'Brien Rd/Wexford Rd which will be 'fun' when the schools are opening and closing. Other than that I don't think the coinciding Green Lane restrictions will cause much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

kwalshe wrote: »

CARLOW
    Single lane traffic will operate on Green Lane in Carlow Town (R448/Old N9) until this Fri (23rd).

Just want to highlight this stop/go system, and ensure people are alert when going through this. Some of the lads manning this system are asleep and have let cars from both sides go through the open lane at the same time nearly causing an accident. This happened to my Mam on friday, and there were buses coming in the opposite direction! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Green lane a disaster at present, you can't turn up to the station there at all.Then the roundabout at the Presentation isn't helping either.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I can only imagine the tailback from the lights outside Lidl will be like in the morning.

They need to change that to a zebra crossing with flashing lights.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

So glad I don't have to work tomorrow.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
Advertisement