Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc broadband / router / modem question

• 20-03-2012 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

with upc does your router/modem need to be registered on their system in order for it to work with their system?

e.g. if mine breaks and i borrow one off a mate to keep me going until i can get the replacement, will it not work unless i call them up and provide the details?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Random wrote: »
    with upc does your router/modem need to be registered on their system in order for it to work with their system?

e.g. if mine breaks and i borrow one off a mate to keep me going until i can get the replacement, will it not work unless i call them up and provide the details?

thanks

The modems are provisioned by MAC address so if it worked before and is still active it should work on your line

Advertisement