Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

louth vec

Options
  • 20-03-2012 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

hi just wondering if any one could help me , i left school about 15 years ago without doing my leaving cert . and at the moment i am working a dead end job with no real chance of going anywhere. i really regret no doing my leaving and was thinking of packing in the job and returning to finish my leaving but dont know how to go about it?? i would like to do a full time course if possible. how long will it take? and can i do it with the vec? really confused, thanks:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 sallyr

house45 wrote: »
    hi just wondering if any one could help me , i left school about 15 years ago without doing my leaving cert . and at the moment i am working a dead end job with no real chance of going anywhere. i really regret no doing my leaving and was thinking of packing in the job and returning to finish my leaving but dont know how to go about it?? i would like to do a full time course if possible. how long will it take? and can i do it with the vec? really confused, thanks:confused:
    Hey it is definitely possible to still do your leaving cert. You can apply to do a VTOS course which is for people aged over 21, so every1 will be in the same boat as you. Not 100% sure but i think u can do this part time. Also, i dont know much about louth but some counties have adult education centres which also enable you to do a course, it is not the leaving cert but it carries the same leaving cert qualification and enables you to progress onto further education or a third level course. If you are in work and wanting to engage in eucation i would suggest maybe finding out about a Back to Education Allowence (BTEA) from Social Welfare as this would be worth more money to you than a grant from the vec, as they are constantly cutting the grants by substantial amounts due to government cuts.. Anyway hope this was of some help to you, and best of luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Hi OP,

You could speak to Ann in the Louth VEC Adult Guidance service. she would be able to give you info on the courses and supports in the area:
    LAEGIS,
    Centre for Continuing Education,
    King Street,
    Drogheda,
    Co. Louth. Phone:041 9842030
    Email:laegis@louthvec.ie

Advertisement