Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interpretation of Accounts

• 20-03-2012 8:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭

Im not too sure on this topic. I know the ratios and i know you have to write on Liquidity Profitability Dividend policy Gearing and Interest cover but what else would you need to write about in the different cases e.g Shareholders, Debenture holders, Bank.?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 RyanCCFC

bobjimmy wrote: »
    Im not too sure on this topic. I know the ratios and i know you have to write on Liquidity Profitability Dividend policy Gearing and Interest cover but what else would you need to write about in the different cases e.g Shareholders, Debenture holders, Bank.?

Ordinary Shareholder:
    Profitability,
    Liquidity
    Dividend Policy
    Sector
    Gearing + Interest Cover
    Reserves Policy
    Investment Policy
    Real Value of Fixed Assets.

Debenture Holders:
    Similar except Investments

Bank Manager:
    Same as Debenture holders, but you're looking at the point of view of loans. Should this bank give company 'X' a loan for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

Thanks Ryan . What do you mean by Reserves policy? Also would you need to include something about The market value of the share?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 RyanCCFC

bobjimmy wrote: »
    Thanks Ryan . What do you mean by Reserves policy? Also would you need to include something about The market value of the share?

Reserves policy is how much profit are they keeping. Lets say they make 60000 net profit. Let's say 5000 of that goes to preference dividend holders leaving net profit minus preference dividend at 55000. Lets say that they give 50000 of that to the ordinary share holders. Leaving only 5000 in reserve. That would be giving out excessive dividends which wouldn't please the average shareholder in the long run if they have a loan/debenture coming up in the next few years to pay.

Sorry I forgot market value of a share. You should try fit that in somewhere, especially in bank. If you are doing it from the bank's point of view the price of ordinary share going down means there is a lack of confidence in the business's future on the stock market.

Advertisement