Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nearly finished PDE ....

• 20-03-2012 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

....and I am just wondering if people have any advice on the best time / way to go about getting a job in the extremely tough market! :D

Trying to be positive despite all the odds against NQT's and I just don't want to miss a trick. My subjects are English and History which I think are really common. Any advice from last years PGDE students would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭rose23

Well done on getting through the year.. its a tough one but your nearly there!

I did my PGDE last year and I was lucky enough to get a Mat leave cover for the whole year. My subjects are French and Geography.

I applied for any job I saw over the Summer with my subjects, even if it was just one of my subjects. I got called for two interviews and got offered both jobs. I spent a while perfecting my CV and cover letter and always made sure that my cover letter was specific to the job advertised and the school!

I found that the majority of jobs were advertised/interviewed for in August, so Im presuming it will be the same this year.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cnoc15

Thanks a million - needed that boost of positivity! So delighted for you , have spent ages on getting the CV right , and looking forward now to just starting the job hunt. Very easy to get weighed down with all the stories of all the poor teachers who are currently jobless :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Definitely apply for everything you see . Don't exclude the UK . If you are concerned about any school that's interested in you check out their OFSTED results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭rothai

Good luck in your job hunt op.
    I was just wondering do you have to do a nqt training year in the uk after your year in uni before your officially qualified?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭raytray

No. You do your 300 hours in the UK school and then you can fully register in Ireland. Once you are fully registered in Ireland you get fully registered in the UK.
    A school might get you to the NQT year for quality control but don't need it for QTS.

• Advertisement
Advertisement