Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to Realex?

Options
  • 20-03-2012 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hi There, Is there an alternative to Realex payments? they have a fixed rate of €29 per month and the first 350 transactions are free. However just starting off it would suit me better to have a service that takes a percentage instead of a flat fee? Any out there that someone can recommend?

go raibh mile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭YouBuyLocal

ToTheSea: wrote: »
    Hi There, Is there an alternative to Realex payments? they have a fixed rate of €29 per month and the first 350 transactions are free. However just starting off it would suit me better to have a service that takes a percentage instead of a flat fee? Any out there that someone can recommend?

go raibh mile

Eh... I presume you mean a percentage that is lower than Paypal? The point of the flat fee is that they (& sagepay for example) are cheaper than paypal once you have a merchant account. But to cover the costs of setup they have to charge a flat fee so they only get clients with a certain level of monthly turnover.

Your only option after that is Paypal or one of their competitors. Do Paypal have competitors that work all over the world?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭ToTheSea:

Yes, yes you're right. Thank you. Its been a lOng day today. Do I need a merchant account to set up paypal? and to accept payments?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭YouBuyLocal

Nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭ToTheSea:

Gent

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

Folks,

Am resurrecting an old thread just to see if an alternative to flat fee based billing for the likes of Realeax - would suit me better to have an initial lower end offering to begin with and then look at ramping up. Any thoughts welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Advertisement