Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbing thieving pay and display machine

Options
  • 20-03-2012 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,369 ✭✭✭✭

OK it only comes to about €3 or €4 in total, but still....

There's a pay and display machine on Fitzwilliam Street Lower, outside Fitzwilliam Card Club (opposite the ESB offices) that has now pinched a second lot of my money.

First time I stuck over an hour's worth of money in, it took it all but no ticket issued. Today, I stuck about the same money in, no joy with pressing the green button so it eventually spat my money back out - only not all of it.

:mad::mad::mad:

If this machine is doing this to everyone who tries to use it, it must be a nice little earner for DCC!

I'm posting this to alert anyone who might be using this machine to go across the road to the one that actually works. I'm off now to see if there's someone, anyone in DCC that I can email with my grievance. I have no expectation of any result, but it'll give me a small bit of satisfaction.

And yes, I know there are bigger problems in the world, but it pi**es me off that they've got my money!!!

ETA - if there's a parking thread on here somewhere, I couldn't find it - if there is, I'd be obliged if someone could move this for me. Ta.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

There should be a number and an ID on the machine to ring and report it. I'm sure it would have an account of taking money in at a certain time. Maybe it was out of paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,369 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

chin_grin wrote: »
    There should be a number and an ID on the machine to ring and report it. I'm sure it would have an account of taking money in at a certain time. Maybe it was out of paper?

I looked today but couldn't see anything resembling an ID number, just a DCC sticker. The incident where it took all my money and didn't issue a ticket was a few weeks ago, so that's long gone. You'd think it wouldn't be rocket science for something to make it show "out of order" when the paper runs out, though? Today the green "print ticket" button obviously wasn't working. At least it gave me back some of my money this time!

Advertisement