Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL2+ in Sneem, Co. Kerry?

Options
  • 20-03-2012 9:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

Hi, I need to know what is the fastest speed that can be got from Sneem Exchange in Co. Kerry? I know it was enabled in 2010 but is it ADSL giving up to 7mb or ADSL2+ giving up to 24mb.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

NGB only became standard on newly enabled exchages in 2011. Mind you you were over 3 years waiting for that much if I recall correctly .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Stinicker wrote: »
    Hi, I need to know what is the fastest speed that can be got from Sneem Exchange in Co. Kerry? I know it was enabled in 2010 but is it ADSL giving up to 7mb or ADSL2+ giving up to 24mb.

Hi Stinicker,

Thanks for your query and apologies for the delay.

I've been advised that the Sneem exchange is cable of standard Broadband - ISAM - up to 3Mb or upto 7Mb. There is no NGB upgrade planned this year.

Let me know if I can help you further.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Hi Stinicker,

Thanks for your query and apologies for the delay.

I've been advised that the Sneem exchange is cable of standard Broadband - ISAM - up to 3Mb or upto 7Mb. There is no NGB upgrade planned this year.

Let me know if I can help you further.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Thanks Ant,

I have been trying to get access in Sneem but Eircom are only giving 3mb, If I could get upto 7mb it would make a huge difference. I have had several phone numbers in differing locations tested also and Eircom say they will only give 3mb and not 7mb.

Is it possible that 3mb is the maximum that the exchange can give, perhaps is there a backhaul issue or is the exchange using old equipment? The telephone number in question is only around 500-750 metres from the local Exchange and under normal circumstances it should be possible to get a 7mb connection.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Stinicker wrote: »
    Thanks Ant,

I have been trying to get access in Sneem but Eircom are only giving 3mb, If I could get upto 7mb it would make a huge difference. I have had several phone numbers in differing locations tested also and Eircom say they will only give 3mb and not 7mb.

Is it possible that 3mb is the maximum that the exchange can give, perhaps is there a backhaul issue or is the exchange using old equipment? The telephone number in question is only around 500-750 metres from the local Exchange and under normal circumstances it should be possible to get a 7mb connection.

Thanks for post Stincker,

Can you send me a PM with your phone number and I will look into this further.

Regards,
    Ant

• Advertisement
Advertisement