Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browning Cynergy Black Ice 12 bore-Misfiring/light hits??

Options
  • 20-03-2012 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭

Hubby has asked me to post this on his behalf, hope you guys can help! :)

He owns the above gun and recently has been experiencing misfires/light hits on one barrel. It happens once in every 50-80 shots and then continues as normal.
    He has owned the gun for about 4 years, has been well minded, always well cleaned and maintained after each use. It has fired between 12-15k cartridges in total.
    He has ordered replacement firing pins and firing pin springs to be fitted this week but has heard that this may not solve the issue.

Has anyone any experience of this or any experience of Browning's 10 year action guarantee?

BG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭kemen

broken or worein firing pin id say. take the stock off and check them or bring it to a dealer he should be able to check for you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Is it the top barrel? If so, getting the pin extended by about 0.1mm will fix the problem. Browning top barrels can be prone to this problem, especially if the ammo being used has the primers set a bit deep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Is it the top barrel? If so, getting the pin extended by about 0.1mm will fix the problem. Browning top barrels can be prone to this problem, especially if the ammo being used has the primers set a bit deep.

He's in work at the mo so i can't ask him, but it's the barrel that fires first? which i *think* is the bottom one?

Advertisement