Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was promised NGB but did not get it

Options
  • 20-03-2012 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi there I ve just moved to eircom was promised NGB 8 mb but did not get that only got 3 mb standard was very mad about this as the sales rep tested my line and told me that my area could get NGB being ringing customer care and they keep telling me different months like April may June and so on so could some please tell me when my area is due for NGB cause I am getting pissed off at this stage I am in de limerick area thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I hope you are not living in Bruree County Limerick.

The people in Bruree were promised bog standard broadband by eircom in April 2007 and still don't have the basic ADSL...never mind NGB.

Nor will eircom commit in 2012 to a guaranteed live date for basic ADSL service in Bruree County Limerick after 5 full years waiting for this service, and much less apologise, as they should, for the delay in proviing the ADSL service to their customers.

Did the salesman tell you the year in which you would allegedly get a service during the April to June quarter. ???

• Registered Users Posts: 28 JerG

I am in the newcastlewest area and the sales person told me that I would get NGB why lie I was on 7 mb with another Internet provider and now I am back to ****ty 3 mb so I actually down graded so eircom better do something about...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Lucky you are not in Bruree or you would still be on dialup. Newcastle West was supposed to get NGB by last November according to the famous map.

Wait for Mark or Tony to show up and see if they can change your profile back to 7mbits. The test database may not have permitted the higher speed...even though you already had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

JerG wrote: »
    I am in the newcastlewest area and the sales person told me that I would get NGB why lie I was on 7 mb with another Internet provider and now I am back to ****ty 3 mb so I actually down graded so eircom better do something about...

Believe it or not, I had the same experience about 18 months ago. I was guaranteed NGB by last summer (by the door to door sales rep) and yet still no sign of it in NCW. Thankfully I'm now out of contract and able to switch to a more competitive provider, I'll be recommending others in the area do the same.

There such liars why don t they just tell u the truth i sick of it now some thing has to be done about this i had gd speed before i changed bk to eircom as i thought i was getting NGB :mad::mad::mad:

1847047082.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi JerG,

Thank you for posting to the eircom Forum on Boards.

I have edied this note after re-checking with the NGB Team.
    The Newcastlewest exchange is due to be fully upgraded to NGB - and should be cable of supporting IP products including Adsl2 up to 24Mb. All planned works are subject to change, though it is hoped that Newcastle West will be completed by then end of April.

If you PM your house phone number I will check your current broadband account and sync status. If possible, I will look at increasing your broadband speed profile from here.

Cheers,

Ant

Just sent u message ant thanks

Lads eircom ar a waste of time NGB my arse,i rang today and was told that NGB will be in my area Newcastlewest in november,i tought it would be this month,thats it i am finished with eircom :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Lads eircom ar a waste of time NGB my arse,i rang today and was told that NGB will be in my area Newcastlewest in november,i tought it would be this month,thats it i am finished with eircom :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hi JerG,

Posting previous reply to your earlier query. Let me know if I can advise you further.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Date rec by Eircom: 21/03/2012

Thanks for your phone number.

Apologies for my previous notes on this. I have since rechecked your phone line :

Your broadband is currently setup on Standard Home Plus (up to 3Mb).

I have rechecked your exchange and have been advised that Newcastlewest is due to be enabled for NGB by the end of april. This upgrade should be capable of supporting IP products including Adsl2 up to 24Mb. All planned works are subject to change, though it is hoped that Newcastle West will be completed by the end of April.

Your Adsl broadband prequalifies for up to 16Mb, and you should therefore be upgraded automatically to the highest speed available on your phoneline.

If you're not upgraded right away, you can request that you're upgraded through Broadband Sales. I would however aadvise that you wait until this has been done automatically for you as you will incur a new 12 month contract. The upgrade itself is free and is dependent on what your broadband qualifies for. In your case I would expect your broadband speed to increase to about 12 - 15Mb or perhaps 17Mb.

Let me know if your broadband is not upgraded to NGB by the end of April.

If you need additional help with your broadband, just let me know.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Thanks
    Hi ant thanks for checking that out for me will let u no in april if i got NGB thanks again

Hi JerG,
    Posting previous reply to your earlier query. Let me know if I can advise you further.
    Best wishes,
    Ant
    Date rec by Eircom: 21/03/2012 Thanks for your phone number.
    Apologies for my previous notes on this. I have since rechecked your phone line :
    Your broadband is currently setup on Standard Home Plus (up to 3Mb).
    I have rechecked your exchange and have been advised that Newcastlewest is due to be enabled for NGB by the end of april. This upgrade should be capable of supporting IP products including Adsl2 up to 24Mb. All planned works are subject to change, though it is hoped that Newcastle West will be completed by the end of April.
    Your Adsl broadband prequalifies for up to 16Mb, and you should therefore be upgraded automatically to the highest speed available on your phoneline.
    If you're not upgraded right away, you can request that you're upgraded through Broadband Sales. I would however aadvise that you wait until this has been done automatically for you as you will incur a new 12 month contract. The upgrade itself is free and is dependent on what your broadband qualifies for. In your case I would expect your broadband speed to increase to about 12 - 15Mb or perhaps 17Mb.
    Let me know if your broadband is not upgraded to NGB by the end of April.
    If you need additional help with your broadband, just let me know.
    Best wishes,
    Ant

Thanks
    Hi ant thanks for checking that out for me will let u no in april if i got NGB thanks again

I have canclled my services wit eircom,thank u ant 4 all ur help on dis matter again its not ur fault its customer care they were no help,never giving me a straight ans all different months might b interested in ngb when its in my area could u please let me no when thanks ant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Could you not get ''upto'' 24Mb standard Broadband .ie not NGB.

Or is the 24Mb speed part of the NGB upgrade?
    Our area was delayed by nearly 8months to get NGB!

I have canclled my services wit eircom,thank u ant 4 all ur help on dis matter again its not ur fault its customer care they were no help,never giving me a straight ans all different months might b interested in ngb when its in my area could u please let me no when thanks ant.

Hi JerG,

Sorry to hear that you've left us. I have taken note of what you have said, though I hope you will return and we can offer you an improved service. Eitherway, stay in touch and contact me anytime. Appreciated.

Regards
    Ant

jay93 wrote: »
    Could you not get ''upto'' 24Mb standard Broadband .ie not NGB.

Or is the 24Mb speed part of the NGB upgrade?
    Our area was delayed by nearly 8months to get NGB!

Hi jay93,

From what I understand from your query, you can still get up to 24Mb (previously called Turbo) on standard broadband, if your exchange has not been enabled for NGB. It's likely though if the exchange is upgraded to handle 24Mb, then it will have also been upgraded to NGB.

Once you apply for the new broadband /or phone packages your phoneline will be tested and advised on the optimum package available to you.

If you need a call back from Sales : Freephone 1800 202 081

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Hi

we already have NGB and are happy with it.

I was just wondering if his exchange was upto 24 mb on standard broadband as in ADSL 2 enabled.

I know my area is only upto 8 mb on NGB tough as i had this checked before! :)

thanks.

Advertisement