Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mold Problem

Options
  • 20-03-2012 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Help before I really go insane! :(

We moved into our apartment 2 months ago (no fixed lease) but we need to move again due to the mold problem that we have in the bedrooms, bathroom and sitting room and also on the windows.

The bedroom is freezing cold which is madness and we need to keep the heating on all night (storage). The apartment does have vents but these do not seem to help the room at all. The windows also have no trickle vents, which I find odd!

We asked him a month after moving in if the previous tenants had problems with this and he said yes. But now he is saying that he needs time to fix the problem as he did not know about this....:confused:

I started taking clothes out from the wardrobes today and my clothes (jeans and tops) are destroyed in mildrew (& mold). My luggage bags are also the same. I am beyond upset:(

We have looked around and have found somewhere else. Our rent is paid up until the 6th of April. But the 28 days notice that the LL applied is until the 15th of April and he wants a weeks rent for the week of the 6th to the 15th.

Can anyone offer any advice please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

ILoveShoez wrote: »
    Help before I really go insane! :(

We moved into our apartment 2 months ago (no fixed lease) but we need to move again due to the mold problem that we have in the bedrooms, bathroom and sitting room and also on the windows.

The bedroom is freezing cold which is madness and we need to keep the heating on all night (storage). The apartment does have vents but these do not seem to help the room at all. The windows also have no trickle vents, which I find odd!

We asked him a month after moving in if the previous tenants had problems with this and he said yes. But now he is saying that he needs time to fix the problem as he did not know about this....:confused:

I started taking clothes out from the wardrobes today and my clothes (jeans and tops) are destroyed in mildrew (& mold). My luggage bags are also the same. I am beyond upset:(

We have looked around and have found somewhere else. Our rent is paid up until the 6th of April. But the 28 days notice that the LL applied is until the 15th of April and he wants a weeks rent for the week of the 6th to the 15th.

Can anyone offer any advice please?

No lease signed means you are covered by the Residential Tenancies act 2004 and you are required to give your landlord 28 days written notice (there is a prescribed format and a sample Notice of Termination with help notes on the PRTB site). Just be careful that the landlord doesn't renegade on his acceptance of your verbal request to leave - he may try to keep your deposit.

You may leave earlier but you are liable for rent until the NoT expires.

Advertisement