Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baldurs Gate Modded

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I just downloaded all of them, thanks for that. I was trying to get TuTu to work before (playes BG1 in the BG2 engine) but it wouldn't behave itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mhairt

Just make sure to start BG1 and save a game then copy BGT into the BG2 directory and run it from there.

I ended up making a boo-boo because I didn't follow the Read Me :) Had to completely uninstall and reinstall - my own fault as I said.

Make sure you install the Trilogy mod first, then W_Gui (I opted for 155% font size myself on a 24" 1080p monitor) and then Widescreen Mod and it looks great!

I was able to start a brand new game of BG1 and as this is actually my first time playing these games, I'm really looking forward to bouncing through all of it in one fell swoop :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Shiminay wrote: »
    I was able to start a brand new game of BG1 and as this is actually my first time playing these games, I'm really looking forward to bouncing through all of it in one fell swoop :D

We'll see you in about 200 hours :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Must...resist...reinstalling...BG1+2...again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Icewind Dale was better. There I've said it.

I have that too - picked up the bargain alert that was posted not too long ago for all these games as one package on Gamers Gate.

Happy days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

All this Baldur's Gate talk, I'm starting to get the itch. I've long since lost the original 5 CDs that made Baldur's Gate and I doubt my Baldur's Gate 2/throne of Bhaal DVD is in any condition any more either. Oh, if only there were some kind of re-release planned so I didn't have to bother with the fiddly aspects of installing ancient games and modifying them to run on today's machines...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Baldurs Gate Trilogy mod download links are dead for me, tried them yesterday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, ive had nothing but issues trying to install these mods, seems im not alone according to the forums.
    It looks like ill have to reinstall everything again.
    Worst thing is i need to download the DnD collection i bought recently from gamersgate again as i cant seem to find them saved anywhere on my HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I just realised I have yet to finish Baldur's Gate, I think I'm at the bandit camp, I remember saying I'd take a break because of something difficult at the camp but I can't remember what exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Probably those bloody arrows with high explosives strapped to them.

Sarky wrote: »
    Probably those bloody arrows with high explosives strapped to them.
    Just hopped on to it there, it's this guy surrounded by archers, the melee guy is the problem, archers don't even hit me thanks to arkheg (I think that's what it's called) and naturally low AC.

So I got out of Candlekeep and got killed by a wolf :( In the face :( Twice :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

lollers

So what race and class is everyone? Also, what are your stats?
    Mine:
    Human Paladin
    Strength: 18/84
    Dexterity: 18
    Constitution: 18
    Intelligence: 5
    Wisdom: 15
    Charisma: 18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Welcome to the club. Getting killed by wolves is a rite of passage for BG players

But this is why I love the game so: it's genuinely challenging. You start off being killed by wolves and by the end (where you're still only level 7/8; no godlike slaughter here) you're being pitched into very tough party v party encounters. It's great to go back to that after the casual stroll that most modern games present you with

The interesting thing though, and this crossed my mind yesterday, is that overall BG's difficultly curve is incredibly well done. The way the story unfolds means that you're rarely dealing with a scenario that you can't handle or facing enemies that are walkovers. And all without enemy levelling. It's a real lesson in how to design good open worlds without sacrificing the challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Found this useful beginners guide that goes through the game mechanics for those that feel a little intimidated when starting out. It references BG2 but most of it still applies to BG1.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Didn't fancy the start of BG2. Got myself confused in a hurry. But it was a sequel, and I skipped. A lot. Of stuff.

BG1 however, I didn't play it all that much? But the first few hours of the game were solid. And thats me talking as a 10 year old kid. But I think Diablo kept dragging away my attention span :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

http://www.baldursgate.com/news/2012/03/15/announcing-baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition/
    Announcing Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™

March 15, 2012
    Atari, Wizards of the Coast, and Overhaul Games are pleased to announce work has begun on the Enhanced Edition of Baldur’s Gate and Baldur’s Gate II.

sarevok_standing-192x300.jpgSince its initial release in 1998, Baldur’s Gate has entertained millions of fans around the globe, and has received countless awards. This classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons® computer roleplaying games ever since.
    Re-forged by Overhaul Games

Overhaul Games has assembled a talented team of artists, programmers and designers to enhance this timeless classic. To remain true to the spirit of the game, the team includes original Baldur’s Gate developers.
    Relive the most epic story ever told

Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™ and Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition™ will feature a re-forged version of the Infinity Engine with a variety of modern improvements.
    The greatest roleplaying game of all time, enhanced

For all information regarding Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™ visit www.baldursgate.com, for press inquiries contact baldursgate@beamdog.com.
    Should we be scared.... after all, think of all those hundreds of successful remakes of classic video games?

quarryman wrote: »
    Found this useful beginners guide that goes through the game mechanics for those that feel a little intimidated when starting out. It references BG2 but most of it still applies to BG1.

Thanks a lot for this.
    Guys i got the DnDMC set on gamersgate recently, should i play BG1 before BG2? probably a silly question.
    I started with BG2 mainly because the mods seem to work better with it than Bg1 for me but im thinking maybe i should tackle BG1 before i get too far into 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

You don't have to play BG first but I'd recommend it. Not least because it's as good, if not better, than the sequel. But install both and then use the EasyTutu mod (linked earlier in the thread) to play BG in the superior BG2 engine

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I played BG2 without having played the first, and it was grand. There were a few reference, and a fair few characters that i knew nothing about, but it didn't stop me enjoying it immensely. I'm going to start a BG1 playthrough tonight though, and try get through the entire series.

Now which character will i choose is the real question.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

Icewind Dale was better. There I've said it.

troll :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

Overheal wrote: »
    http://www.baldursgate.com/news/2012/03/15/announcing-baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition/Should we be scared.... after all, think of all those hundreds of successful remakes of classic video games?

looks likea feckin ipad game

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

must resist reinstalling best game ever...

Advertisement