Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Meteor Not Fulfilling their side of contract

Options
  • 20-03-2012 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi there

I'm a long-term Meteor bill pay customer and I have an iPhone 4S for the past two months, and have repeatedly experienced cellular data issues around Dublin. The phone reports 3G reception and five bars of signal strength but when I try to use the mobile browser or Facebook app I get an error saying that I have no internet connection. I'm paying €100 per month for my phone bill, €15 of which is for a mobile data add-on and yet the data service is so poor that I can't use it with any expectation of reliable service. Browsing their forums, this seems to be a widespread problem with Meteor smartphone users and yet they don't actually seem too bothered about addressing it.

I've rang them, called into their stores, posted on their forums etc. etc. and been fobbed off with replacement sim cards or statements about "contention issues" but that is frankly not good enough as far as I'm concerned. They're advertising that they have 99% coverage, and even in city centre Dublin, the service is extremely intermittent and flaky.

My question is: Are Meteor breaching their side of the contract agreement to the extent that I could get out of the contract early? I just want to switch to O2 or Vodafone who actually seem to have a half decent data infrastructure in place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Did you try your sim in a different phone? Once in a while the data coverage goes up and down but it's usually fine.

Id suggest trying the sim in a different phone and see if the issue persists, to make sure its the service and not a faulty phone

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Norderburse

I was extremely doubtful about this when it was suggested, but a replacement SIM did fully resolve this issue for me on Meteor with an iPhone 4S.

http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Apple/Cellular-Data-not-working/td-p/22207

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

There was something about an imcompatible sim card so that could be the issue. There was a big thread on meteor and the apple forums.

32k vs 128k sim cards.

Also apple updated 5.0.1 after it was released but didn't change the number, so if you got an early version you can't do a straight update to the updated one unless you force a restore.

However 5.1 should fix a lot of issues.

Advertisement