Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Itunes wants to set up my old ipod as a new ipod...help

• 20-03-2012 11:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

I got a new ipod a month or two ago and I set it up at the time. Last night I updated itunes to the latest version.Tonight when I plugged my ipod into the computer itunes is not recognising it,thinking it is a brand new ipod and only allowing me to "set up as new ipod" , which I presume means deleting all my music and apps.Is there anything I can do about this? It no longer has my name on it, it's not "whimsicals ipod" anymore :/

Is there anything I can do?I have music, photos and apps I really want to keep on my ipod.Also it is jailbroken on 5.0.1. I really dont want to update to 5.1.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

It could be the fact its jailbroken. Have you connected it to this iTunes before it was jailbroken?

Also what did you use to jailbreak it? apparently if jailbroken using ZiPhone it can have problems connecting to iTunes. redsn0w is one of the better ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

It won't delete your music if you set it up as a new iPod, it will ask for a name for it, then on the next screen you will have the option to keep the music or wipe it.

Advertisement