Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheel of Time recap for books 1-8?

Options
  • 21-03-2012 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭

So, I was flying through books 1 - 8 of the Wheel of Time series merry as you like. I bought book 9 read a few pages, then put it down. This was somewhere around 2002'ish.

I picked book 9 again recently and realised that I hadn't a clue who half the characters were or the back story of most of it at this stage.

Is there somewhere I could go to recap on the first 8 books without having to re-read them all, or risk the fear of spoilers from later books?

I'm guessing no, but it's always worth a shot :o

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭fitz

http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/

I read through all of the chapter summaries under the "Books" section of that site prior to the first Sanderson book. Great way to refresh without a full re-read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gufnork

Tor.com does excellent re-reads. Pretty sure they've done one of WoT. They do a little menu of what's been re-read up til now too so no danger of spoilers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gufnork

Just in case you're still looking for a re-cap of the WoT books, here's the link to Tor's master index for their WoT re-read,

http://www.tor.com/features/series/wot-reread

Is very thorough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Thanks guys, I'll have a look later but it sounds like exactly what I need.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

1. Nearly killed by a few myddral
    2. Killed a few orcs.
    3. Tugged a few braids.
    4. It was hot, then it was cold.

That's all you need to know from books 2-13 of Wheel of Time. Just read the first book and the last book whenever it comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

1. Nearly killed by a few myddral
    2. Killed a few orcs.
    3. Tugged a few braids.
    4. It was hot, then it was cold.

That's all you need to know from books 2-13 of Wheel of Time. Just read the first book and the last book whenever it comes out.

I think there was a bath in there as well somewhere.

Advertisement