Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

bot43 wrote: »
    Absolutely gutted and devastated.

Big off season ahead. Dundalk are gonna get stronger again. We need to lose 4/5 players and get in 6/7.

Well they have everyone resigned so I dunno who they’ll replace them with to get stronger?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Well they have everyone resigned so I dunno who they’ll replace them with to get stronger?

They can strengthen their bench further and rotate for Europe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,915 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Griffin!!!!!! Aaaarrrrggghhhhhhhh

We really could have taken them to et and pens.
    We need to shake the squad up a bit for next year, which is going to be difficult, but not impossible.
    I fully expect to be behind them in the league next year,.
    The other teams won't be good enough to take many points off them unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭richiepurgas

Bad mistake from Griffin, but he did well to clear what looked like a certain goal off the line earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

That manager has taken them as far as he can. Fair play to him, it's been a decent few years, but it's time for someone else to take the reigns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Mardyke wrote: »
    That manager has taken them as far as he can. Fair play to him, it's been a decent few years, but it's time for someone else to take the reigns.

Who?

Couldn’t agree less with you. JC has done a brilliant job and deserves a shot at getting back to the top

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭nlrkjos

JC deserves another season at least, good signing today Dan Casey, cracker of a defender, along the lines of Dan Murray...needs to sign two wingers and a daecent striker. Dundalk are showing the way, fair play to them, but money only gets you so far !

Garry Comerford signed now too

Transfers IN:

Dan Casey
    Gary Comerford
    Daire O'Connor
    Tadgh Ryan

OUT:

Damien Delaney
    Steven Beattie
    John Dunleavy
    Peter Cherrie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Moghead

Transfers IN:

Dan Casey
    Gary Comerford
    Daire O'Connor
    Tadgh Ryan

OUT:

Damien Delaney
    Steven Beattie
    John Dunleavy
    Peter Cherrie

Sadlier gone now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Lots of money off the books, might turn out to be quite shrewd with other spending all around them

That time of year again...

In:

Out:
    Shepherd
    McCormack
    Buckley
    Horgan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Goosed for next 2 seasons at least but it is what it is,still our club

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,915 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I think he will do a fine job. Hopefully he'll unearth a bit of talent and get us playing well again.

Hopefully they make some good signings and can finish higher in the league. When you see how Derry and Bohs have done this season it's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

In:

Out:
    Shepherd
    McCormack
    Buckley
    Horgan

I'll miss Shep and McCormack.

I finally lost patience with Buckley this season, even though I always tried to defend him. Won't miss Horgan at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

In:

Out:
    Shepherd
    McCormack
    Buckley
    Horgan

Sheppard is the only one confirmed as gone so far. You might aswell just list the entire squad in that case. I know they are on PFA list but that doesn’t mean they will leave Likewise Daire O Connor, Shane Griffin, Dan Casey, all are contracted too be here but may not be. It’s the LOI merry go round until they are posting pictures in gear of other clubs there most likely staying is how I look at it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

I finally lost patience with Buckley this season, even though I always tried to defend him. Won't miss Horgan at all.

Buck's should have been outed 2 years ago,Horgan a non runner,Shep and Conor MC big loss , especially Conor McCormack

Anyone know why the CCFC forum is down at the moment? Anything to do with the FORAS AGM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Club got legal advice to shut down its forums

Shedite27 wrote: »

I wasn't on it for a few weeks, was it due to stuff being said about players or employees if the club?

There’s a new board up ccfc84.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cork_red

Shedite27 wrote: »

That forum has nothing at all to do with the club. It’s unofficial.

Cork_red wrote: »
    That forum has nothing at all to do with the club. It’s unofficial.

Your right it didn’t but certain members of the CCFC “family” started sending solicitors letters in regards to stuff that was posted on it! Talk about childish

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cork_red

Your right it didn’t but certain members of the CCFC “family” started sending solicitors letters in regards to stuff that was posted on it! Talk about childish

Correct. The same member(s) that have gotten us in to this mess that we are currently in. Childish is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Cork_red wrote: »
    Correct. The same member(s) that have gotten us in to this mess that we are currently in. Childish is right.

I'm just surprised that it wasn't shut down sooner. Nor would I consider it childish from some of those that may have complained. The amount of vitriol on there for some previous board members was way over the top and showed no signs of abating - and most of it was unsubstantiated rumours that grew legs to become 'facts'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

I'm just surprised that it wasn't shut down sooner. Nor would I consider it childish from some of those that may have complained. The amount of vitriol on there for some previous board members was way over the top and showed no signs of abating - and most of it was unsubstantiated rumours that grew legs to become 'facts'.

Surprised as well. Sad to see all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

What exactly are the facts so ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Cape Clear wrote: »
    [/B]

What exactly are the facts so ?

There did tend to be a lot of 'I heard a rumour about so and so...' on there. Some were warned about doing that on there before. It was asking for something like this, as all you need is 1 'rumour' to be wrong about someone. I've used the forums there since Citynet days and there's always been that fine line in regards to 'rumours and facts'.

Saying that, there's possibly a lot of truth in amongst all of it. Just have to do the dance better legal wise in terms of furnishing it and proving it.

Advertisement