Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Cape Clear wrote: »
    [/B]

What exactly are the facts so ?

We'll get the real facts tomorrow night and hopefully just move on from there then...

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Wow. That new forum is interesting to say the least.

There’s a new board up ccfc84.com
    bot43 wrote: »
    Wow. That new forum is interesting to say the least.

Anyone got a link for it ?? Saw one somewhere the other day but didn't have time to check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Anyone got a link for it ?? Saw one somewhere the other day but didn't have time to check it out

Same here, anyone hear buck's is off 2 Sligo,Griff possibly to Pats,west ham striker( Irish),Fagan to come also

Same here, anyone hear buck's is off 2 Sligo,Griff possibly to Pats,west ham striker( Irish),Fagan to come also

Buckley confirmed gone to Sligo. Not surprised given how some of our fans treated him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Buckley confirmed gone to Sligo. Not surprised given how some of our fans treated him.

Well travelled by many LOI player the Cork - Sligo road... was one way for a long time too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

AGM last night, €85k VAT issue a few years back, plus losses from this season and projections revised with no Europe next year has the club €400k in debt. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. Relatively manageable debt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Shedite27 wrote: »
    AGM last night, €85k VAT issue a few years back, plus losses from this season and projections revised with no Europe next year has the club €400k in debt. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. Relatively manageable debt

My company did a small bit of work for Cork City FC a few months ago. We gave them a very good rate to begin with because of the profile of the club.

About 8 months now and they still havent paid us. Repeatedly told us they would pay us but never did. Now they are completely ignoring us.

I wouldnt be surprised if they have fcuked over a few more companies this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

deisedude wrote: »
    My company did a small bit of work for Cork City FC a few months ago. We gave them a very good rate to begin with because of the profile of the club.

About 8 months now and they still havent paid us. Repeatedly told us they would pay us but never did. Now they are completely ignoring us.

That type of behaviour is shameful.

Surprised and sad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

That's surprising. What type of work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

For anyone getting withdrawals with football being postponed indefinitely, City are streaming classic matches from over the years. It'll be four games a month for €25, with the first four games to be Bayern in 91, Galatasaraay in 93, Derry in 05 and Dundalk in 17. The first match will be this Friday and there'll be "live" updates on social media.

Class idea, looking forward to football on Fridays again!

https://twitter.com/CorkCityFC/status/1239639407600242688

At least they are trying something but that price point is insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

this is worse than the mask selling all these games are free on youtube what a joke who is behind this ????

this is worse than the mask selling all these games are free on youtube what a joke who is behind this ????

Well the club needs money and at least they are giving something for your effort. But €25 is crazy.

It's €7 a match, is that really steep? Imo, a "pay what you can" price would've worked better. Wouldn't have excluded anyone and would probably have gotten more from people who could afford it.

It's meant to be a fundraiser to help the club at a difficult financial time, the idea was started by a fan who has all 170ish televised matches recorded. If you really don't want to pay, no one's forcing you. It's nothing the "mask selling", ffs.

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    It's €7 a match, is that really steep? Imo, a "pay what you can" price would've worked better. Wouldn't have excluded anyone and would probably have gotten more from people who could afford it.

It's meant to be a fundraiser to help the club at a difficult financial time, the idea was started by a fan who has all 170ish televised matches recorded. If you really don't want to pay, no one's forcing you. It's nothing the "mask selling", ffs.

What’s the mask selling? I’ve no memory of that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,915 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

17% off on line purchases tomorrow using code paddy, for anyone who wants to purchase a few things.

What’s the mask selling? I’ve no memory of that.

I assume yer man is on about face masks being sold at a massive mark-up. As if people exploiting a pandemic is anything like a football club showing old matches as a fundraiser.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    17% off on line purchases tomorrow using code paddy, for anyone who wants to purchase a few things.

Now that is a good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

Paz-CCFC wrote: »

Any fundraising has to be done through the foras channels now since you know who is behind this i would like to know which foras board member is doing this thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 34,268 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Desperate times requires desperate measures.

Should never have been in this situation.

This Fan fun club has been a disaster

Any fundraising has to be done through the foras channels now since you know who is behind this i would like to know which foras board member is doing this thanks

Good idea but TBH too steep,I've not had a paint brush in my hands fir 2 weeks and it looks bad ATM so the e7 @ match is too much for me,I already buy 2 season tickets and a Foras membership for my teen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Good idea but TBH too steep,I've not had a paint brush in my hands fir 2 weeks and it looks bad ATM so the e7 @ match is too much for me,I already buy 2 season tickets and a Foras membership for my teen

Has anyone complained to you yet for not using a Capital C in your name.

It seems it upsets some people

I'd better fix that

I'd better fix that,na no good can't find the option p.s. first I've heard of it (thumbs up)CORKS FINEST

Desperate times requires desperate measures.

Should never have been in this situation.

This Fan fun club has been a disaster

No it hasn't... not by a long, long shot.

There's been some tough times, then some great times and now some tough times again. Nobody was complaining about it being a disaster in 2015/16/17 for instance.
    FORAS are the longest surviving owners or the club as well. When the club was privately owned no-one gave a fiddlers and were happy to see someone else throw their money in yet happy to criticise their decisions at the same time. (There were some shocking owners to be fair who just didn't have a clue... no names needed..)

It's a tough gig and FORAS did well for years, albeit with some decisions that in hindsight were bad ones. Unfortunately success comes with a hefty price tag and we paid that price. We're not the first ones to get caught out on that score either, and we won't be the last. The LoI in general is a money pit and I doubt that anyone has ever made money from it. Between the fire in Douglas, revenue playing hardball (which IMO was disgusting behaviour from them) and now this Covid19 saga it's been one disaster after another of late but I have full faith in our BoM to drag us through it, set the reset button, learn from our mistakes and drive on again.

I'd say its only upsetting you oul stock, don't know why? Insecurity? P.S. pass on a big hug to you kid!

I'd say its only upsetting you oul stock, don't know why? Insecurity? P.S. pass on a big hug to you kid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

No it hasn't... not by a long, long shot.

There's been some tough times, then some great times and now some tough times again. Nobody was complaining about it being a disaster in 2015/16/17 for instance.
    FORAS are the longest surviving owners or the club as well. When the club was privately owned no-one gave a fiddlers and were happy to see someone else throw their money in yet happy to criticise their decisions at the same time. (There were some shocking owners to be fair who just didn't have a clue... no names needed..)

It's a tough gig and FORAS did well for years, albeit with some decisions that in hindsight were bad ones. Unfortunately success comes with a hefty price tag and we paid that price. We're not the first ones to get caught out on that score either, and we won't be the last. The LoI in general is a money pit and I doubt that anyone has ever made money from it. Between the fire in Douglas, revenue playing hardball (which IMO was disgusting behaviour from them) and now this Covid19 saga it's been one disaster after another of late but I have full faith in our BoM to drag us through it, set the reset button, learn from our mistakes and drive on again.

To get back competing with Dalk and Rovers we need outside investment imo. FORAS has been good but the model is skewed. Former board members lying at AGMs about fund mismanagement, the constant threat of solicitors letters, random twitter accounts slating “the new board” etc. we’ve shown we cannot manage things ourselfs.
    Only for win a gaff and the Preston owner giving us a ton of money over the odds their would be no club, and no one held accountable. In the current model these same people who sit front and center at AGMs sniggering at the lads trying to fix things, will be back in power sooner or later and that makes me think long and hard before investing in my club. I’ve spoken to others who have been in FORAS longer then me and some even served on the BOM and they feel the same.

Advertisement