Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

With Dennehy out I can see Lenihan (if he's back) at left back tomorrow, Kavanagh at right and Dunleavy in the centre.

Should be looking at 3 points of course, but Dan and Darren have played really well together this season, so any moving around of defence is always likely to cause a few problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is Healy back tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

It's nights like tonight I'm glad that it's a summer league we play in, absolutely horrendous conditions to play a game in and it affected the game badly. Goal kicks going into the Shed end barely crossed half way while goal kicks going into St Anne's end went straight out. Poor game and a draw probably a fair result but that disallowed goal?? How the ref gave a free out I'll never know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is Healy back tonight?

Yeah he was.....but I bet he wished he wasn't!!

I think everyone has to agree that a draw was probably the fairest result in the end. The conditions were atrocious and both teams deserved something out of the game just for going out there and playing!!

The last five minutes were just ridiculous and really needs to be replayed back to the sound of the Benny Hill music!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Wilberto wrote: »
    The last five minutes were just ridiculous and really needs to be replayed back to the sound of the Benny Hill music!

It would suit Neil Doyle's refereeing fairly well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

What a rotten night. Driving wind and rain certainly made it hard for both teams, especially bohs in the first half, they must have sent 15 or 20 clearances out for throw ins.
    Sloppy tackle for the pen, but we'll take it. Sloppier still to give a goal away so quickly.
    I know we are trying to play like Liverpool, build from the back, nice neat passing, but on a night like tonight I would have liked to see some Deckie Daly like clearances. We saw the bohs defenders make a few slip ups near the end. We could have got some joy from long clearances with the wind in the first half.
    I also wish Kearney would stay out wide. He always comes in, then the left back gets the ball, turns.....no one there! He spends half his time swapping positions.
    Happy enough with the point as bohs had some very good chances in the second half, especially the rocket against the bar in the 90th min but what a ridiculous decision to disallow a perfectly good goal at the end, ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭applehunter

Would have summed up the season so far if the ref hadn't disallowed the goal at the end.

Overall the draw was the fair result.

****ing soaked.

Kearney's crossing was pathetic all night. Anything decent in there would have caused havoc but he kept leaving in floaters. Think he wants that 10 shirt because he kept coming inside leaving giving Paddy Kavanagh a clear runway.

Not a night for football.

If they get anything out of the next 2 away fixtures they'll be doing well.

Next home fixture Derry in 3 weeks. Roddy will probably be gone by then.

Wilberto wrote: »
    Yeah he was.....but I bet he wished he wasn't!!

I think everyone has to agree that a draw was probably the fairest result in the end. The conditions were atrocious and both teams deserved something out of the game just for going out there and playing!!

Ya I was there Will. Poor game. Poor conditions and poor officiating! Looking forward too soccer republic too see what exactly the ref gave a free out for at the end.

Would have summed up the season so far if the ref hadn't disallowed the goal at the end.

Overall the draw was the fair result.

****ing soaked.

Kearney's crossing was pathetic all night. Anything decent in there would have caused havoc but he kept leaving in floaters. Think he wants that 10 shirt because he kept coming inside leaving giving Paddy Kavanagh a clear runway.

Not a night for football.

If they get anything out of the next 2 away fixtures they'll be doing well.

Next home fixture Derry in 3 weeks. Roddy will probably be gone by then.
    Next home fixture is May 5th home too Waterford 5pm

Here's a few pictures of it. Ball clearly on the ground, nowhere near his hands. Keeper doesn't protest at all. Shocking decision.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/39020932@N05/14009740512/

• Advertisement

Here's a few pictures of it. Ball clearly on the ground, nowhere near his hands. Keeper doesn't protest at all. Shocking decision.

Paz-CCFC wrote: »

Thats a shocking decision

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Away to Dundalk on that thing they call a pitch up there. The astro's in the Glen are better than the muck they have up there. Caulfield mentioned in his press conference that they've been training on astro all week to adjust so hopefully that will stand to them. Would be delighted with a draw but I feel we'll be getting out first loss tonight.

Can't do any worse than last years shambles up there.

Both performances last season were pathetic. I'd nearly forgive the 4-0 loss but the 2-0 from earlier last season was as bad a display that I can remember from a City side.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Can't do any worse than last years shambles up there.

Both performances last season were pathetic. I'd nearly forgive the 4-0 loss but the 2-0 from earlier last season was as bad a display that I can remember from a City side.

Ya that display was atrocious alright. Definitely one of the worst I've seen too.

City 1 down after 9 mins

Nults
    Lenihan
    Dunleavy
    Murray
    D.Dennehy
    Kearney
    Morrissey
    Kavanagh
    Marky Sull
    Buckly
    B.Dennehy
    first 11

2-0

3-0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

4 - 0 BUT BEST WE STOP COUNTING :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Saw somewhere that the bus was stopped on the motorway for 2 hrs due to a crash and they arrived 45 mins before the game without a prematch meal etc.

A defeat was coming eventually, but 4-0? Christ, that's bad. The lads will have to show some character to bounce back from that. I thought we'd have gotten 2 or 3 points from these two away games, but I was thinking a win against Dundalk, not Pats. Can't see us getting a win in Inchicore next week - a point would be great.

Brings us back down to earth with a bang, anyway. We'll need to do well to keep up the title challenge. Top 3 or 4 would still be a good finish.

Back to Reality.:o

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Saw somewhere that the bus was stopped on the motorway for 2 hrs due to a crash and they arrived 45 mins before the game without a prematch meal etc.

Was that the burst water mains on the motorway in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

gimmick wrote: »
    If Elding plays more than 270 minutes for us I'll be shocked. This "injury" seems to be never going away. He is a bad signing and we are best off getting rid ASAP.

So, how minutes has did he play?

Best off without him as he was taking a wage for doing nothing.

When will CCFC learn that journeyman English strikers just do not work out for us!!!

So, how minutes has he played?

45 v Sligo (I think it was )down the cross?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

So, how minutes has did he play?

Best off without him as he was taking a wage for doing nothing.

When will CCFC learn that journeyman English strikers just do not work out for us!!!

Tbf you called it when I would have said to give him the season. Free's up a large wage now to get John O'Flynn, Graeme Cummins, or even possibly both back into the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

MrMac84 wrote: »
    45 v Sligo (I think it was )down the cross?

Played the 1st 45 Vs Drogs and was sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭kksaints

He played for 45 against us (Pats) in the 1st match.

• Advertisement

Home to Derry tonight. We really need to get back to winning ways after the last two league matches. I'd be wary of a backlash from them after getting rid of Collins, but Patterson being out is a big boost for us. He would have been a cert to score at least one.

Hopefully a big crowd, given the nice weather and the long wait between home league games (although, losing the last two away and dropping from the top of the table might turn some off). 3,500 would be good.

Advertisement