Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Padraig Sutton has refereed 14% of Cork City's matches. He's given 21% of their yellow cars and 66% of their red cards.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Think its a step too far to ask for a league title this year, but there's still a full series of games to play yet, anything can happen.

What I think Friday did show was that we are nearly there, be it this season, next season, or the season after, I am convinced we will have a league title in the bag, and when we do win it, we have the infrastructure, stadium, support and the right people in charge to go on and dominate. Between ourselves and Shamrock Rovers, we're the two biggest clubs on this island, and that will show true overs the next few years.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

CHealy wrote: »
    Think its a step too far to ask for a league title this year, but there's still a full series of games to play yet, anything can happen.

What I think Friday did show was that we are nearly there, be it this season, next season, or the season after, I am convinced we will have a league title in the bag, and when we do win it, we have the infrastructure, stadium, support and the right people in charge to go on and dominate. Between ourselves and Shamrock Rovers, we're the two biggest clubs on this island, and that will show true overs the next few years.

Can you imagine if we *eventually* ended up being the club to break into the Champions League group stages? That would be pretty damn sweet!!

I know that's a long long long way off yet, but still, one can dream!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,117 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Take a bow Colin Healy!!!!!!!!!
    Superb over head kick in the dying minutes!!!!!!!
    Get the **** in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still have goosebumps after that, what an amazing finish. That's definitely goal of the season.

Started off well but the game died out until half time. City dominated the second half and were the better side throughout the game. The chances Pats had were from defensive mistakes from City. Another shocking night from the ref yet again, can't get over how poor they've been in City games this season. Very card happy but Pats deserved to be down to 10 after Quigley got his second yellow. All in all, a vital win for City, especially with Dundalk dropping points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Gutted didn't make it tonight as herself was working so had the kids but was stuck too the app.. Great goal by all accounts it seems? What kinda crowd was there?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Gutted didn't make it tonight as herself was working so had the kids but was stuck too the app.. Great goal by all accounts it seems? What kinda crowd was there?

Around 3,500

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Fantastic goal, stuck int the top corner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

That was the most incredible goal I've ever witnessed in Turners Cross, and I've been going a long time! As said above, take a bow Colin Healy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

great goal the best end to score in and yes the best goal i have seen too,,,hope his back is ok big mad thud when he hit the ground,,,,,,, a bicy,,,,what,,,,:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

What a goal. What a f*cking goal. There's been some special goals at City matches over the years, but that tops them. A bicycle kick, in the 88th minute, against the reigning champions - does it get any better than that? Special night - regardless of what happens, that will always be looked back at fondly.

Maybe I'm being less critical because I'm on such a high compared to last week, but I thought the ref was alright tonight. He gave a way a couple of stupid yellows, but he let play go on plenty times. There were plenty of our tackles let go, that we turned to each other and said would have been given last week. Some Pats players, particularly Fagan, were falling all over the shop, but the ref was having none of it. And he was dead right with the big decision, in sending Quigley off.

All in all, a fantastic night. It's down to four points now between ourselves and Dundalk. Can we?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I agree. I thought the referee was okay as well!

The game will be remembered for only one thing though... :):)

4 points isn't a big gap!

So......... How many of us are going too Dundalk on the jazz weekend??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dundalk playing limerick next I think, who have been scoring for fun lately. Your guys next home game is against Bray, whom I support. Of ever there was a match to close down the goal difference, its that one.

Will be some buzz in the city if the run continues, so I will be rooting for ye over Dundalk anyway!

Mushy wrote: »
    Dundalk playing limerick next I think, who have been scoring for fun lately. Your guys next home game is against Bray, whom I support. Of ever there was a match to close down the goal difference, its that one.

Will be some buzz in the city if the run continues, so I will be rooting for ye over Dundalk anyway!
    Thanks, so if you don't mind just roll over for us! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What a goal. We ride our luck last night but to hell with it. Massive 3 points.

If we are to win this league we need to win all our home games and win in Dundalk last day and hope for a few favours along the way. It's inlikely but no reason why a great shot cannot be had off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

I asked this in the other thread but said I'll ask here too. If ere still in with a chance of the league going into the last game V Dundalk how many do ye think will travel too Dundalk?

I asked this in the other thread but said I'll ask here too. If ere still in with a chance of the league going into the last game V Dundalk how many do ye think will travel too Dundalk?

From our point of view it'll be a sell out. Away ticket's will be like gold dust I'd imagine. Of course, one would assume it would be the same for the home side.

Remember the trip to Shelbourne on the last day of the Division 1 season when Graham Cummins scored the late winner? I'd imagine it would be the same as that at the very least!

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    From our point of view it'll be a sell out. Away ticket's will be like gold dust I'd imagine. Of course, one would assume it would be the same for the home side.

Remember the trip to Shelbourne on the last day of the Division 1 season when Graham Cummins scored the late winner? I'd imagine it would be the same as that at the very least!
    The demand would far surpass that, however the actual allocation would be far lower than what we brought that day.

Me anyway.

The demand would far surpass that, however the actual allocation would be far lower than what we brought that day.

How many does the ground hold up there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

How many does the ground hold up there?

about 4,000 I think.

Generally with a limited allocation season ticket holders get first dibs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Last game against Shels in 2011 we had 1500 in Tolka that night. I'd imagine every man and his dog would want to go to Dundalk if the title is up for grabs seeing as Cork people love a good event. I'd just hope tickets go to genuine fans if it does come down to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Thanks, so if you don't mind just roll over for us! :D

Don't think that'll be a problem!

gimmick wrote: »
    Generally with a limited allocation season ticket holders get first dibs.

Sweeeet!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

if the title is up for grabs seeing as Cork people love a good event. I'd just hope tickets go to genuine fans if it does come down to it.[/QUOTE]

just like the GAA of course the genuine fans will be looked after,,,,,,:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Surely now Hull City can pay a million bucks for Brian Lenihan after the €12 million sale of Shane Long to Southampton.

Did Reading buy the sell on clauses from CCFC for Long and Doyle?.A pity if so.

Advertisement