Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,421 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The difference in the 2 halves was so apparent.

Its been like that for much of season though. We seem play well for45minutes and its been enough bar Dundalk game mostly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

A video from friday nights match showing both Cork goals

http://youtu.be/1x0DQaU52L8?list=UU9YyAaEUNvaSxMwQxqRUHQQ

.ps. How do you embed a youtube video here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Press the you tube button and then put the portion of the you tube url thats behind the = sign between the brackets. Sometimes doesnt work if copy rights etc.

ahem, so that doesnt work then....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The arrangements for Dundalk tickets are confirmed.

Members get first priority, then season ticket holders, then general sale.

I am a season ticket holding member so thats me well covered anyway.

600 tickets apparently which is rather generous given Oriel is a lot smaller than Turners Cross and when Derry came in 2005 we only gave them 500.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Thanks TiltedBrain. What did you do that was different? I tried using the youtube button thingy and putting in the share link but it came up blank.

But anyway... What do you guys think of these sorts of videos? I'm thinking of doing it regularly at Turners Cross but some feedback would be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭lukin

gimmick wrote: »
    The arrangements for Dundalk tickets are confirmed.

Members get first priority, then season ticket holders, then general sale.

I am a season ticket holding member so thats me well covered anyway.

600 tickets apparently which is rather generous given Oriel is a lot smaller than Turners Cross and when Derry came in 2005 we only gave them 500.

There will probably be no tickets put on general sale so (some season ticket holders wanting to go may even miss out). I'm not a season ticket holder but I'd be interested in going if there is still a mathematical chance of winning the league when this game is played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Thanks TiltedBrain. What did you do that was different? I tried using the youtube button thingy and putting in the share link but it came up blank.

But anyway... What do you guys think of these sorts of videos? I'm thinking of doing it regularly at Turners Cross but some feedback would be good.

Use the youtube button thingy, but just put the text after the equals sign "=" from the youtube url up top of the page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

lukin wrote: »
    There will probably be no tickets put on general sale so (some season ticket holders wanting to go may even miss out). I'm not a season ticket holder but I'd be interested in going if there is still a mathematical chance of winning the league when this game is played.

It won't get to the general sale stage I'm afraid, we could easily bring 1500 up there if the league was still on (ala Shels in the 1st Division 2011).

Dundalk were selling tickets on their website which a few City fans picked up, but that window is now closed. Stupid from Dundalk,could have led to murder. I know I would not take kindly to an away fan in the home section at a game like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

gimmick wrote: »
    Dundalk were selling tickets on their website which a few City fans picked up, but that window is now closed. Stupid from Dundalk,could have led to murder. I know I would not take kindly to an away fan in the home section at a game like this.

Was that not Ticketmaster or Tickets.ie or one of those places? Can hardly control who gets what then.

In my experience, if we are still in with a shout going into that game and with the crowd we would bring up, things could get very messy very quickly up there. That away end isnt fit for purpose. Last away game last season they wanted to keep us out on that terrace in the lashing rain, we basically had to force our way into the cover of the stand.

Tickets.ie ya. In fairness, Dundalk should have told them not to sell.

I used get over to Leyton Orient quite a bit. When they were playing Arsenal at home in the cup a few years ago, they sold tickets online, but would only post to the postcodes of their immediate catchment area.

This is the only way Dundalk should be selling tickets online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Aren't the Dundalk tickets still on general sale online?

http://www.ticketgroup.ie/Dundalk_F.C_tickets

It allows me right through to the payment option. I'd be buying mine off City, anyway, so I haven't confirmed payment; maybe they block it at the end right before confirmation?

Anyway, tis all hypothetical for the moment. Have to beat Drogheda at the Cross tomorrow night to keep the dream going. I think it'll be another cagey one - 2-1 City. We haven't been doing things the easy way for most of this season, but it's been bloody exciting.

Ah. So they are. How very naive\stupid of them.

Maybe it's just sell the tickets while they can? Despite being top for most of the year, they've only been half-filling the ground (about 2,000). When Pats had it won last year, they only had just over 2,000 for the trophy presentation. No guarantee Dundalk would sell the ground out either, if they have it won by then. If loads of City fans buy up the tickets and Dundalk do have it won, then it'd be a nice bit of business for them. On the other hand, if we can win it on the last day and we have over a thousand up there, it'd be a massive boost for our lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Wind and rain on the way.

Suits out football.

Another massive three points. Bit shakey at the end, but we got the win and with three games left, that's all that matters.

UCD away next week. We should have 200+ at that. A big crowd would be a great boost for the lads.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

4-0 at UCD. Nicely done.

Next....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,421 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Dundalk have Shamrock Rovers at hone next
    Then Bray away before us.

We have win all 3 games and hope Dundalk drop points before us.

We have concentrate on our games though and whatever happens elsewhere hope in our favour.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,117 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Nice 3 points, once we keep the pressure on we can do no more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Need Rovers or Bray to get something against them in the next 2 games.

Probably 10/11 shot that they win both games.

Can't see Bohs coming out of the Cross with anything on Friday whatever happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Can't see Bohs coming out of the Cross with anything on Friday whatever happens.

City haven't got anything from Bohs yet this season have they? It would be lovely for Dundalk to slip up to Rovers and us to nick all 3 points with Bohs down here, setting things up for the final game of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

City haven't got anything from Bohs yet this season have they? It would be lovely for Dundalk to slip up to Rovers and us to nick all 3 points with Bohs down here, setting things up for the final game of the season.
    We have drawn with them twice (once in the cup) and lost twice. I can't really explain those results. But the we were denied a perfectly good goal in the last minute of the first game, which was played in a deluge. If we get a big crowd in and get behind the team there is no reason why we shouldn't beat them IMO.

We have drawn with them twice (once in the cup) and lost twice. I can't really explain those results. But the we were denied a perfectly good goal in the last minute of the first game, which was played in a deluge. If we get a big crowd in and get behind the team there is no reason why we shouldn't beat them IMO.

By which time we should have been 5-1 down, so I wont be looking back at that decision with any anger. Bohs were unbelievably wasteful that night.

We will know tonight whether we are going to Dundalk with a chance of winning it all as I cannot see them dropping points against Bray.

Shams til 9pm :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Oh I'm going to need a shower after this game. I feel dirty already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Wilberto wrote: »
    Oh I'm going to need a shower after this game. I feel dirty already.

Me feckin nerves watching this. I wasn't this nervous on my wedding day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,117 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Dundalk 0-0 Rovers.......get the **** in!!!!

A chance, that's all we need, pressure to win now against Bohs, big time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

that ref tried his best to give Dundalk a win (apart from the pen of course)!

thank Christ for that though. Now to do our job on Friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Where exactly does a draw in tonight's match leave us?

• Advertisement

that ref tried his best to give Dundalk a win (apart from the pen of course)!

thank Christ for that though. Now to do our job on Friday!

That tackle by the keeper was ridiculous. If that was made by an outfield player it could have easily been a dismissal.

It was a tough watch though. That O'Donnell strike looked in from the minute it left his foot. I still have no idea how it went wide!! :D It would have been a fitting goal to win the league but thank God it didn't!! :D:)

Advertisement