Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City FC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭Worztron

... I'm going out on a limb here and predicting 7-0 :D

:eek:

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

1 up and a dawk red, need to push on now and hurt them with goals

1 up and a dawk red, need to push on now and hurt them with goals

Dundalks goal diff is better by 6. It could come down to GD at season end so definitely City should go full throttle.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

YEEEESSSSS!

And 8 wins on the trot to boot. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Get the fúck in !!!!!

Deserved 8 win on the spin.

Pen was shocking but the shed was rocking. !!!

Young fella said on the way out, that was way better than Tuesday night, he's not wrong !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Huge huge win. Arguably worry more than 3 points given the psychology involved of closing the gap to one rather than going out to an insurmountable 7.

Bolger was an absolute BEAST last night. Best game in a city shirt by a distance. McGuires work rate last night was incredible. Ditto Beattie who protected Mcsweeney incredibly.

Concerns would be Gearoid was very poor. Needs to step it up. And with Dunkeavy gone for quite a while we are shirt on full backs.

But screw that. We can sit back and enjoy the break now hoping that Dundalk are feeling the pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

League title now a very real prospect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Rebel Boy

Fantastic win last night. Hopefully once the summer break is over, the squad will come back refreshed and kick on from there. We've had to many nearly years, but hopefully this will be our year. 1 game at a time. Come on City!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

That was absolutely unbelievable last night. We live for those kinds of results. Some feeling when the goal went in and when the match ended. We made much harder work of it than we needed to. Between the penalty and a few other chances, we should've been clear and shouldn't have had to rely on clearances off the line. If we had scored the peno, I'd say Dundalk's heads would've dropped and we would've scored a third. But the way it happened, it gave them a new lease of life and they came close to equalising. But f*ck it, that just made it all the more tense and all the more better when we got the three points. Trophy wins and big European nights aside, that has to be the best atmosphere I've witnessed at the Cross. The "City 'til I die" chant after full time was f*cking loud. When the Shed is still in full voice at 10pm after a match, you know it's a good one!

While it's a bit annoying that the break comes at a time when we're in full throttle and have a lot of momentum behind us, it might help us get our feet back on the ground. Brilliant result and run no doubt, but we're still a point behind. We can't be thinking we have the league won just by winning that match. We have plenty of more hard work to do and we'll be going into a very tough July with European matches, postponed league games and fixture build ups. We'll have to show a lot of determination to keep the run going.

I'd say we'll have a huge crowd up in Tallaght after the break. After tonight's result and a three week gap, you'll have a load of fans raring to go.

• Advertisement

We got Linfield in the Europa League! Away first, Thursday the 30th of June. Home the 7th of July!

Legs subject to change, will be confirmed at half 4 this afternoon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Delighted with the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

SCENES!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Yes bai! That was our best shot at progressing I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

It's what we were all hoping for I'd say. Assuming we beat them it's BK Hacken of Sweden. That will be tough alright but I'm already starting to dream of qualifying for the group stages :D

The draw has been very fair to us. We should get past Linfield without too much of a problem, BK Hacken are a small mid-table Swedish team, it will be tough but its another winnable tie, and who knows where we go from there. I just hope JC has learned from his mistakes of last year against KR. The big thing here for us is the prize money, its well over 200k per round and that doesn't include gate receipts etc, what happens over the next few weeks determines next years playing budget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭hman231

I hope that there is no trouble up in Belfast it is a great fixture for the club and really we should have a great chance of progressing Ross gaynor is their top player

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

It won't be like this, that's for sure. ( first 7 mins is a bit political but after that it's all about THAT night.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KoU4sFtf0KI&ebc=ANyPxKo2yuKxvLmiuZJVs7bwIdC2sTsLbge8U-t75pcm0HvGiDzG4rpr7RdKk298D6Zy4LHZ-b2h3R-E_X9s6q6QoNb0Z2pO1Q

Good luck to Cork, you will win this one

joeysoap wrote: »
    Good luck to Cork, you will win this one

Not if we play like we did against Rovers on Friday. We were brutal. No end product, no killer pass, one or two good chances, but very little created overall. Complete opposite of how we played against them last time at the Cross. I thought Rovers should've had a men sent off early on for a foul on Maguire when he was one-on-one with the keeper. But the way we were playing, they'd probably have played ten behind the ball and we wouldn't have been able to break them down.

A lot of people saying we'll coast past Linfield cause they're out of season. The other night, we looked like a side out of season. Such a disjointed performances, we were just completely off the pace. The break probably f*cked up our momentum a bit. But still, it's only three weeks. And the lads were at a training camp in Portugal for about a week. Those kind of things should be standing to a team, but it didn't seem to last night.

Hopefully this match was just a blip. If we play like we did against Rovers, then I'd be concerned. But if we play like have for most of the season, especially against Dundalk a few weeks ago, then we should win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Rebel Boy

Really looking forward to Thursday night now. Hopefully it all passes off peacefully.

Just found out that I have to be in Dublin next Thursday and Friday, so I'm going to miss the home game. I am more than a little annoyed :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Anyone know if Setanta are showing it?

• Advertisement

Yeah such a big game wouldn't it be on tv. This is what its all about no time for second best here, if the league and cork city wants to take things to the next level european wins are so so important and pivotal. Pats won 1-0 tonight at home a good start for the LOI in europe I wouldn't take Linfield lightly they are in Europe every season and know what its all about, they have some good players and will be fired up for this one just as we are, but if we play to our top standard we should progress I have no fear about that, but we shouldn't get complacent a win vs Linfield would be one of the clubs greatest achievements.

If we cant beat an out of season Linfield over two legs, then we can all forget about it. We are a much better team than them, we must go there and believe we are going to play them off the park and I think we will. 2-0 in Windsor and 4-0 in the X. Cant wait for tomorrow, getting a bus up the road to a Europa League tie is going to be such a novelty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Qualifying for the next round is worth €210,000 to the club. Winning is the only option!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Qualifying for the next round is worth €210,000 to the club. Winning is the only option!

Linfield will be thinking the same. Serious money though

We need not think only about the money play the match and the result will hopefully follow, biggest game in years despite our great form we must play with freedom vs Linfield, pity its not on tv

What's our record against Linfield?

Worztron wrote: »
    What's our record against Linfield?

Played once and lost 1-0 in Setanta Cup in 2007.

Just heard that the game is being broadcast live on 96FM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

That's grand but it's shocking that its not on TV.

Irish_rat wrote: »
    That's grand but it's shocking that its not on TV.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Any team news?

Switched on a minute ago and there is music playing.

Edit. Works on fm radio. Not online.

Sweet!

Nice one City. Rovers dragging to co-efficient down once again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

1 up half time in the tie bit of work yet to be done

Great result. Any away win in europe is a great day for and LOI club, but now we have a home leg to manage keep a clean sheet and we go through simple as. Hope Setanta broadcast the home leg once again a fantastic result but loads of work still to do. As for Rovers they don't have the attacking quality no center forward like fagan or maguire who score for both city and pats to give 1-0 wins. Best of luck to Pats Tuesday hopefully us and them will qualify think Rovers are out at this stage hope im proved wrong

The better results all LOI clubs get, the easier the draw in following years ( in theory anyway) if you don't participate in the 1st qualifying round it's €200k 'free' money as you get this automatically ie Dundalk automatically get this as well as well as the €300k for the 2nd qualifying round they are in. That's why it's important for all Irish teams to do well. Pity about Rovers but great result for City. And barring a fall both Dundalk and City should be here again next year, and let's hope straight to the 2nd qualifiers.

Nice one City. Rovers dragging to co-efficient down once again.

No they aren't. They are dragging their own one down. Not ours or anyone elses.

So fúck them.

Good result alright, but not that great TBH. Expect to do the job next week without too many problems though.

It's disgraceful that none of the TV channels here showed the game. I listened to the match on 96FM, City fans were in great voice!

I'm working away next week so can't get to the Cross :mad: so I am hoping against hope that the match will be on Setanta - but RTÉ should be showing the game in my opinion.

• Advertisement

While it would be nice if it were televised you have to weigh up who cares aside from CCFC fans and a small amount of LOI fans. Even at that not all LOI fans would be racing to watch it. I know if it were Dundalk/Bohs or whoever Vs Linfield and it was televised, Im not going out of my way to watch it.

People at the moment are also exposed to a serious amount of "top quality" football on TV with the Euros (awful tournament so far, but thats a chat for elsewhere) so Im not sure the appetite is there for watch a EL 1st qualifying round game.

gimmick wrote: »
    While it would be nice if it were televised you have to weigh up who cares aside from CCFC fans and a small amount of LOI fans. Even at that not all LOI fans would be racing to watch it. I know if it were Dundalk/Bohs or whoever Vs Linfield and it was televised, Im not going out of my way to watch it.

People at the moment are also exposed to a serious amount of "top quality" football on TV with the Euros (awful tournament so far, but thats a chat for elsewhere) so Im not sure the appetite is there for watch a EL 1st qualifying round game.

Rte/Setanta were never going to show last night's game Fact! Viewing figures would not have justified it going up against Poland Vs Portugal. On the coefficient debate rovers loss does affect the league but not to the same extent it did previously.

So fúck them.

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/qual2016.html

Better if all 4 teams perform well, Cork will be up next year, Pats will hold their own, Dundalk unknown at this stage, and at this stage looks like Rovers will be down.

Will Nutsy still be there ?

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/qual2016.html

Better if all 4 teams perform well, Cork will be up next year, Pats will hold their own, Dundalk unknown at this stage, and at this stage looks like Rovers will be down.

Will Nutsy still be there ?

The biggest factor in our low coefficient is the fact that we weren't in Europe for so long prior to last year. Hard to say how long more Fenlon will be there.

So fúck them.

While each clubs performance mainly dictates their coefficient 20% of the overall league coefficient goes towards each club so it's still important each team does well. For instance CCFC current coefficient (before Linfield game) is 1.34 but only 0.250 of that is made up of our own contribution. 1.09 is from the League coefficient based on what the other clubs got.

I'm working away next week so can't get to the Cross :mad: so I am hoping against hope that the match will be on Setanta - but RTÉ should be showing the game in my opinion.

It's on at the same time as the Euro semifinal Germany/Italy vs France/Iceland. No way RTE will show both and can't see any other broadcaster going head to head with the Euros either.

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    It's on at the same time as the Euro semifinal Germany/Italy vs France/Iceland. No way RTE will show both and can't see any other broadcaster going head to head with the Euros either.

I don't accept that more people would prefer to watch France v Germany. RTÉ have made a blunder there :D

St Pats are through to the 2nd round by the skin of their teeth going through on away goal and Dundalk managed a last minute winner vs Longford, they just don't stop winning, Genie St Pats first ever win for a Luxembourg side over a Irish side, not a great record to have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

How many points have Dundalk salvaged in the last minute or 2 of games this season, ffs

How many points have Dundalk salvaged in the last minute or 2 of games this season, ffs

And last season, and the season before that.

I reckon they pick up at least 1/3rd of their total after 85 mins. So frustrating.

Their fitness seems to be at levels which the LOI has never seen before. Their training regime/strength & conditioning coach must be on another level.

Aside from the 2 losses to us, their record is 46 points from 48.

These late winners are becoming ridiculous apart from us they've won 15 drawn 1. Our points total is fantastic but this Dundalk side are relentless, we're 9 points off them with 2 games in hand and still have to play them so it's all to play for going to be a very tough week. With Linfield tomorrow and Wexford away Sunday. Its a joke too that the Linfield home game isn't being televised I'm sure many would tune in for sure

• Advertisement
Advertisement