Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City FC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

With blind optimism and the faith of the devout, I am hoping for City to grab a 1-1 result away to Hacken tonight. And then win the second leg by the odd goal :D

Wish I'd stuck a few bob on this :mad:

Fantastic night at the Cross. Almost too tense to be enjoyed at times. I'm still on a high :D

Defence was outstanding last night, and I see no reason why that won't be the case next week in Belgium. A sneaky 0-0 draw over there and we'd be well set up for the second leg. Genk's result in Macedonia last night shows that they are far from unbeatable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Raoul

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    ??

Genk it is!! Won on pens

Great to win tonight, hopefully we can keep it tight in the first leg.

Great atmosphere tonight!!

Ah sorry,

I looked it up last night and it said the Macedonian team won. Good luck anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Worztron

Outstanding result! Kudos to all. Come on you City!!!

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭joeysoap

You should be able to negotiate a TV deal for this match. The FAI or LOI are not involved, strictly between CC and the broadcaster. Genk don't get any of the money ( an CC don't get any of the Belgian money.) You negotiate the best deal you can, but better after you have sold out the cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kksaints

Well done last night and good luck against Genk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Confirmed home leg in the cross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Any word on ticket information?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MrMac84 wrote: »

Cheers, I looked around 10 last night and it had nothing

• Advertisement

O'Connell just scored a great goal for Celtic in Pre season Vs Leceister

O'Connell just scored a great goal for Celtic in Pre season Vs Leceister

Cracking goal.... Can't see him playing for us anytime soon again. Deserves a go at a higher level be it at Celtic or not

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭hman231

Anyone hear of any word on the Genk game being shown on tv ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭bobdcow

The the42.ie site said Eir will show Dundalk's games (both) but it remains to be seen if any of Cork's games will be shown. That was 2 days ago though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Rte offered to screen the home leg but they also offered zero cash.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

gimmick wrote: »
    Rte offered to screen the home leg but they also offered zero cash.

Fúck them so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whenever RTE show a league of Ireland game, do the clubs involved get any broadcasting money?

Doubt it, RTE offered to show Thursday game but offered no money

Whenever RTE show a league of Ireland game, do the clubs involved get any broadcasting money?

No. The TV money is pooled and put into the derisory prize money at the end of the season.

It's on eir1 (formerly Setanta) tomorrow night from 7pm. Hope they are giving us some money for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Hope the tie is still alive coming back to the Cross.

Thought we were very poor on the ball last Thursday and that is a key in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Hope the tie is still alive coming back to the Cross.

Thought we were very poor on the ball last Thursday and that is a key in Europe.

You must have been at a different match to the rest of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Cape Clear wrote: »
    You must have been at a different match to the rest of us.

In fairness, there was three separate times in the first half where Bolger, Morrissey and Buckley were all caught in possession or gave it away in our own half that allowed Hacken to go through, we were very very lucky to escape that. Second half was much better, they couldnt get through us at all.

Key to tomorrow is an away goal, even if it end 3-1, that away goal could be vital if we manage to go 1 up in the second leg and its coming into the last 5 mins. Heading out to Brussells tonight, cant wait to see City in a big stadium against quality opposition.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Raoul

Really good performance so far. Definitely have a chance to score away from home. Number 3 was poor for the goal.

Keep it tight from here. 1-0 not the worst.

We'll take that. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I would certainly have taken that before the game.

We will definitely create chances next week

The X will be rocking !!!

Would have taken before the game, pity Sean didnt stick that chance thou, would have been massive

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭hman231

Regardless of the result we need to keep these players and keep the performances to this standard every week which we have to be fair. I want the lads to go out with no fear next week and go gun hoe at it, Genk lost 2-0 away in their last game why not a cork win

Great result. Nults and Maguire were outstanding, but in fairness the whole team played out of their skins.

I really think we can take them next week at the Cross. Surely a 6,500+ crowd is on the cards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Not having the away goal is a balls. One goal for them (which they are more than capable of getting) means we have to score 3. Still have to be optimistic. Keep them scoreless and it's game on!

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Not having the away goal is a balls. One goal for them (which they are more than capable of getting) means we have to score 3. Still have to be optimistic. Keep them scoreless and it's game on!

That's the most worrying thing about only losing 1-0, great result as it was. I really can't see us scoring three against them. I think probably our best hope is to get to 90 mins leading 1-0 and then score a late, late goal, or even take them into extra time where our mid-season fitness levels should be a greater advantage.

This is one match I'd hate to see going to a penalty decider - my bowels couldn't take it :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Anyone who is thinking of going to the game needs to get their ticket asap. Over 50% sold already. Club said on twitter they don't expect any to be available on the night of the game.

Had a feeling that would happen, there will be a savage atmosphere Thursday.

Can't wait for the game on Thursday. Was supposed to go on Friday to support Bray, Thursday to support Cork will do.

Hopefully get through, it'd be some night!

I'll have to head to beer garden tomorrow and get mine

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I'll have to head to beer garden tomorrow and get mine

That's the same excuse I gave herself earlier :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Ticket bought.:pac:

Can't wait.

Very encouraged by our play on Thursday. Morrissey & Bolger were both excellent and we played some great stuff at times. There looks to be a growing belief with these players now.

Dooley scared the life out of their right back on Thursday and Maguire has their number.

70% of tickets sold now, club shop open 1-3 tomorrow

• Advertisement

Got my tickets today looking forward now to it hopefully a nice night weather wise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

only around 500 tickets left for the game on thursday, they are saying prob sell out by end of day,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Gutted. All sold out.

I was away since up till yesterday and forgot about getting tickets, went down to the shop this morning, all gone.

Any hope of getting 2 anywhere?

rob316 wrote: »
    Gutted. All sold out.

I was away since up till yesterday and forgot about getting tickets, went down to the shop this morning, all gone.

Drop the club a mail maybe?

Gutted. All sold out.

There are a small number going on sale to UCC faculty and students tomorrow at 12 if you know someone going there, otherwise you are out of luck Im afraid, its the hottest ticket in town. They were on sale on Ticketmaster up until last night btw, just for future reference when we make the group stages.

CHealy wrote: »
    There are a small number going on sale to UCC faculty and students tomorrow at 12 if you know someone going there, otherwise you are out of luck Im afraid, its the hottest ticket in town. They were on sale on Ticketmaster up until last night btw, just for future reference when we make the group stages.

Didn't even know you could get them on ticketmaster, always bought outside the ground or had a season ticket.

Yes my wife is in UCC, where can you get them up there?

Thanks lads

• Advertisement

Didn't even know you could get them on ticketmaster, always bought outside the ground or had a season ticket.

Yes my wife is in UCC, where can you get them up there?

Thanks lads

These are the details taken from CCFC Forum:

There will be a limited number of concession tickets available this Thursday, for the Genk game, between 12-2 outside the Boole Library, UCC. Student/Staff ID required.

I would be getting there alot earlier than 12 to be in with a chance. Good luck.

CHealy wrote: »
    These are the details taken from CCFC Forum:

There will be a limited number of concession tickets available this Thursday, for the Genk game, between 12-2 outside the Boole Library, UCC. Student/Staff ID required.

I would be getting there alot earlier than 12 to be in with a chance. Good luck.

Sound out

Good luck rob316 :)

Well done Dundalk. 7 million is some prize money

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Yeah, now come on city, you can do it. Best two teams in the league by a country mile.

• Advertisement
Advertisement