Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City FC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ya **** the cup cause its only the best day out of the year and we won so many of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Kevin o Connor and Seani McGuire in the Irish u-21 squad so City V Dalk next week is called off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

cork city 2-0 up already

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Worztron

cork city 2-0 up already

Still 1-0. :confused:

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

3-0 now

13 minutes gone

3-0 now

13 minutes gone

Where are you getting the scores from? Site?

I see 2-0 16 minutes gone.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

3-0 now

13 minutes gone

missed the first ten minutes as I am watching it on a poor live stream

scoreboard said 2-0 and just saw them score again, scoreboard says 3-0 but rte says 2-0.....so not sure what happened in the first ten minutes and either the stream is wrong or rte is.

seems the stream was wrong and they have amended it to read 2-0 now

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

You can watch it on RTE online if you have it instead of online streams :)

Stuck in work so will have to do.

CorkColin wrote: »
    You can watch it on RTE online if you have it instead of online streams :)

Stuck in work so will have to do.

cheers colin, fif not realize it was on rte, so used to going to streams for all matches

• Advertisement

3-0 now

13 minutes gone

definitely 3-0 now

definitely 3-0 now

Heh heh. Sean Maguire is the penalty king.

Longford are brutal :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Can we play them every week!

be sweet now if wexford held dundalk to a draw tonight as well

do one better and beat them ! must have tired legs

do one better and beat them ! must have tired legs

Thats just delusional thinking...lol

Wexford getting a draw will be a super result, wexford winning would mean a miracle.

( waiting and hoping to be proven wrong)

longford get one back and deserved it
    cork showing their defensive frailties yet again

that goal was just as bad as longford :D

• Advertisement

longford get one back and deserved it
    cork showing their defensive frailties yet again

It's still 3-0.

Edit: The CCFC Twitter feed says 3-1 alright. livescores.com is acting strange -- shows 3-0 HT. :confused:

Now correct 3-1 scoreline at livescores.com.

dundalk 1-0 ! wishfull thinking about Youths :(

FFS! :mad:

Exactly.

• Advertisement

a fourth for cork,
    pity we cannot transfer it to wexford

wexford down to ten men......

wexford down to ten men......

!"£$%^& :(

more poor defending allows longford another goal....4-2

a fifth for cork in the 90th minute

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

3 points....and banging in 5 goals will do no harm at all. Let 2 in but I'm more than happy with the result, back to winning ways.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    3 points....and banging in 5 goals will do no harm at all. Let 2 in but I'm more than happy with the result, back to winning ways.

cork also hit the post and had one cleared off the line but the goals conceded was sloppy and need to sort that out quick

dundalk win 1-0...bummer

Maguire reminds me of Popeye. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Big test for the CCFC "bottle" tonight. A win we go within a point of Dundalk with a game more played. No 3 points tonight will be proof CCFC cannot handle the pressure IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

gimmick wrote: »
    Big test for the CCFC "bottle" tonight. A win we go within a point of Dundalk with a game more played. No 3 points tonight will be proof CCFC cannot handle the pressure IMO.

I think the two games at home to Sligo and Bohs are where we bottled it this season, but against my better judgement, Im willing to give them my hope and support for one last shot this season. Tonight is the biggest game of the season by far, lose or draw and thats it.

CHealy wrote: »
    I think the two games at home to Sligo and Bohs are where we bottled it this season, but against my better judgement, Im willing to give them my hope and support for one last shot this season. Tonight is the biggest game of the season by far, lose or draw and thats it.

While I agree re Bohs certainly, Sligo were bang in form and was always going to be a tough game. Plus every team has a wobble. Unfortunately ours came at a really inopportune time.

Tonight is different though. Bray are shíte. We need to take our opportunities to put pressure on. Agree, anything other than a win and we are done for the season.

Was looking at the league table too and Shams are close enough to our heels too. 3 behind with 1 game more played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Bray are shíte.

Bray are unbeaten in 9 and are in an excellent run of form. It's going to be a tough game tonight.

While I agree re Bohs certainly, Sligo were bang in form and was always going to be a tough game. Plus every team has a wobble. Unfortunately ours came at a really inopportune time.

Tonight is different though. Bray are shíte. We need to take our opportunities to put pressure on. Agree, anything other than a win and we are done for the season.

Was looking at the league table too and Shams are close enough to our heels too. 3 behind with 1 game more played.

Shamrocks and Derry are both nipping away at us. I disagree about the Sligo game though, two stupid effing goals conceded and enough chances for City to win 10 games, no way we should have lost that game, its inexcusable to lose any home games IMO, especially against mid table opposition like Sligo. Tonight is do or die in my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Raoul

Roar wrote: »
    Bray are unbeaten in 9 and are in an excellent run of form. It's going to be a tough game tonight.

Was just going to say this and they also beat Dundalk on that run. So hardly ****e!

• Advertisement

Grand. We should just be happy to drop points tonight so.

Im sure all the "Cork" fans will just be happy we exist.

Grand. We should just be happy to drop points tonight so.

Im sure all the "Cork" fans will just be happy we exist.

You commented Sligo were bang in form and was always going to be tough.
    Then you say Bray are shíte despite them being on a 9 game unbeaten run including a win v Dundalk.:rolleyes:

That said, anything other than a home win will be a disappointment for city fans ( 'Cork' ones or otherwise).

Bray are always shíte. A few lucky wins and draws does not change that. Not beating Bray at any time is a failure. Simple as that.

Our underage stars have been pitted against HJK with the winners playing the winners of AS Roma v Apoel

With the home game(s) to be played at Turners Cross.

With the home game(s) to be played at Turners Cross.

I would imagine so yes, no way Bishoptstown is up to standard. Looking forward to this, something new anyway and can only benifit the young'uns. Roma or Apoel await the winner.

Goals galore!!! :)

A few short weeks ago some thought the season was over.

It's amazing what banging in a rake of goals in 3 consecutive games can do!

I did think the last few games offered us a chance to get over our recent crap form and thats exactly what happened.

Pushing on from here now is the important bit. Not sitting back during games but looking for 2 or 3 goals per game is now a ' must hit' target.

We have the players to do so. We are in second because we are a very good team. Caulfield really needs to be more offensive for the rest of the season. I still think we have a chance at the league, hopefully these results are not a false dawn but a launch pad , time will tell!

So. Bray were pretty shíte eh!!!

Good performance and a valuable plus on the goal difference. Nice not to concede a sloppy goal as well.

Had a giggle at the subs. A combined age of over 100. Would have liked to see Danny Morrisey and Ogbene to get a run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

That's more like it.

Excellent all round display.

Sean Maguire led from the front.

Advertisement