Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City FC

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

gimmick wrote: »
    This game and Chelsea V Liverpool both being on TV will hit the crowd hard Id say.

To some extent it probably will. But myself and the 4 buddies are pool fans but will be going tonight, we never miss the rovers games. A lot of city fans that are pool fans would possibly think like that. It's the 'neutral' type that might stay at home.
    But I think the weather being good is more important and it looks like being a nice evening, but will no doubt get chilly later.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

how about that for a start :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭Worztron

CorkColin wrote: »
    how about that for a start :p

Hell yeah! Keep them rolling in. :)

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

What websites do ye guys use to get the latest soccer scores?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

3-0 That'll do nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Worztron wrote: »
    What websites do ye guys use to get the latest soccer scores?

Flashcore or livescore

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Very happy with the 3-0 scoreline. Would have preferred if they scored the second a bit earlier. Very well taken goals.
    Pity the crowd was poor, just less than 2500, TV games had a bigger effect than I thought they would.
    I was scratching my head when he took Maguire off, even more so when we were awarded the pen!!!
    All in all , it keeps the pressure on. Two long journeys away next week though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Can we play them every week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Big 3 points... nice to bag a few goals again. TV killed the attendance tho which was to be expected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

How could anyone call themselves a fan yet favour watching TV over going to a game?
    The mind boggles.

Good chance that Sean Maguire could top the goal scorers table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

They will need to pull two huge performances out of the bag to beat Finn Harps and Sligo Rovers away from home in the next week.

If they win both games I would say they will go on to win the league.

If they don't win both, it's probably curtains.

kcb wrote: »
    They will need to pull two huge performances out of the bag to beat Finn Harps and Sligo Rovers away from home in the next week.

If they win both games I would say they will go on to win the league.

If they don't win both, it's probably curtains.

I wouldn't. But it would give us a fighting chance, no more, any dropped points at this stage could be curtains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Think 3-0 flattered us, although there's no doubt we did deserve to win. Very disappointed with the crowd, especially as Rovers brought a fair few down with them.

Almost felt sorry for their supporters having to travel back to Dublin after such an inept performance from their team. Almost, but not quite :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Another big game tonight, predicting 2 - 0 Sean and Greg

• Advertisement

I predict 1-3 to City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

From selfish point of view wish this game was on Friday as I be able go to a rare away game. Should win tonight

0-2 imo

Almost felt sorry for their supporters having to travel back to Dublin after such an inept performance from their team. Almost, but not quite :D

Yeah, I know what you mean, spending all their dole straight away for that must be tough on them.

Penalty king Maguire strikes again. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Beattie Red

• Advertisement

Beattie Red

Oh balls. Time to batten down the hatches.

Lovely!

A nervy win but a win nonetheless

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

shamrock rovers holding dundalk well at the moment

shamrock rovers holding dundalk well at the moment

And they just scored!!! Something for them to try to hold onto!! 32 gone.

get in....shamrock rover 1-0 up

Rovers goal up.

Edit: Doh, others already posted that.

1-1 30 left. Will be hard for rovers to hold on.

Balls! :(

1-1

15 mins to hang on

• Advertisement

4 mins+. Hang on in there Rovers! :eek:

dont know where the ref got 8 minutes injury time from

Ft 1-1. Where did the ref get 8 extra mins from, seriously???

City win their remaining games and City win the league !!

Banker draw against Sligo so !!

Derry will have a rattle off Dundalk Friday I think.

YEEEeeessssss!

cork got to be happy with that result.

if cork can beat dundalk and win the game in hand its christmas come early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Has Dundalk V Cork been refixed yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Rumours of it being Monday 24th Oct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

kcb wrote: »
    Rumours of it being Monday 24th Oct

League fixturing is a joke shop if that's true.
    Could very possibly be a league deciding fixture and it's going to be played on a Monday?
    It should be swapped with a Friday or Saturday night fixture, live on TV and marketed until the country is sick of hearing about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Big week ahead. If Derry can take something from Dundalk and we can beat Sligo, we could be top should we beat Galway on Tuesday.

Lots of "ifs" there I know. Sligo is not a happy hunting ground for us over the years, and Dundalk rarely drop points in 2 games on the trot.

• Advertisement

Players just need to focus at a game at a time. Every game is cup final, every point could be massive at end October

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

League fixturing is a joke shop if that's true.
    Could very possibly be a league deciding fixture and it's going to be played on a Monday?
    It should be swapped with a Friday or Saturday night fixture, live on TV and marketed until the country is sick of hearing about it.

No way should two matches be moved from their normal slot to accommodate City and Dundalk. It was a joke that Wexford were affected by giving help to Dundalk in easing their fixture congestion a few weeks ago. It'd be worse to do that to two teams just to help the top two get a full house.

If it's the second last game of the season and both sides are within two points of one another, I'd say it'll sell out regardless of it being on a Monday. Midweek games don't stop us getting big crowds for the Europa or Champions League, I doubt it would for an effective title play-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I agree with Paz. Dundalk and City are where they are because of what they have achieved. Congestion comes with the territory. It's bloody great to be in this position, and let's hope for the same again in the future.

Derry City 1 up.

Worztron wrote: »
    Derry City 1 up.

Didn't last long. More goals for both teams here I think.

For a defender that guy Brian Gartland scores a decent amount of goals.

• Advertisement

YEEEeeesss!

Edit: Seems to have been a phantom goal score latest. :(

Disaster.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Disaster.

+1

Realistically we were never going win every game and it's not easy place to go. Point is not bad result at all. Still all to play for

Realistically we were never going win every game and it's not easy place to go. Point is not bad result at all. Still all to play for

Unfortunately it's out of our hands again now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement