Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City FC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Not once have we been able to capitalise on Dundalk dropping points this season. Every time they drop points, we've followed it up with a draw/loss ourselves.

We beat Dundalk and Dundalk draw with Derry - we draw with Sligo, Wexford and Galway.
    We beat Dundalk - we draw with Rovers.
    Dundalk lose to Galway - we lose to Sligo.
    Dundalk lose to Bray - we draw with Bohs and Derry.
    Dundalk draw with Rovers - we draw with Sligo.

I appreciate The Kew Tour's post above. Sligo is a long trip and a tough place to go to. In isolation, it isn't a disastrous result. But the culmination of all these games that we drop points is incredibly frustrating. In the list above, there are some ones that you'd accept - draws away to Sligo, Derry, maybe Rovers (although, given we hammered them in the other three matches, that was a bad 0-0). But home to Bohs, Wexford and Sligo? Granted Wexford was a miracle by the goalkeeper not to let in more than one. You just can't be dropping points in all those matches.

We're not out of it yet. Dundalk will probably drop more points in the other six games they have apart from us and we have a chance of beating them. But we could be making things so much easier for ourselves. There's only so many times that you can afford to drop points and hope that Dundalk do as well. We don't exactly have time on our side, either. The season only has another month and three days (or six) left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Not once have we been able to capitalise on Dundalk dropping points this season. Every time they drop points, we've followed it up with a draw/loss ourselves.

We beat Dundalk and Dundalk draw with Derry - we draw with Sligo, Wexford and Galway.
    We beat Dundalk - we draw with Rovers.
    Dundalk lose to Galway - we lose to Sligo.
    Dundalk lose to Bray - we draw with Bohs and Derry.
    Dundalk draw with Rovers - we draw with Sligo.

I appreciate The Kew Tour's post above. Sligo is a long trip and a tough place to go to. In isolation, it isn't a disastrous result. But the culmination of all these games that we drop points is incredibly frustrating. In the list above, there are some ones that you'd accept - draws away to Sligo, Derry, maybe Rovers (although, given we hammered them in the other three matches, that was a bad 0-0). But home to Bohs, Wexford and Sligo? Granted Wexford was a miracle by the goalkeeper not to let in more than one. You just can't be dropping points in all those matches.

We're not out of it yet. Dundalk will probably drop more points in the other six games they have apart from us and we have a chance of beating them. But we could be making things so much easier for ourselves. There's only so many times that you can afford to drop points and hope that Dundalk do as well. We don't exactly have time on our side, either. The season only has another month and three days (or six) left.

Can't really argue with that either. You can't single out games and every team drops stupid points but that 1 point from Sligo/ Bohs in space of 4 days might be the one I remember most if we don't win league.

Fair enough to get beat to Sligo, but to put in same poor effort against Bohs that same week was extremely disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Can't really argue with that either. You can't single out games and every team drops stupid points but that 1 point from Sligo/ Bohs in space of 4 days might be the one I remember most if we don't win league.

Fair enough to get beat to Sligo, but to put in same poor effort against Bohs that same week was extremely disappointing.

Two terrible performances and results in those games. You're absolutely right that if we don't win the league it's these two games that wrecked it for us.

And drawing 0-0 at Sligo on Saturday was a poor result considering they'd been thumped 4-0 by Bray just before that.

As the cliché goes: It's a must-win game tonight. Anything less and the league has gone altogether.

I'm expecting an easy enough win tonight, 3-0 maybe even 4-0.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

3 more points. 5 scored. Not too worried about the 3 conceeded. I wish we were more gung ho away from home. Keeps it interesting at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    3 more points. 5 scored. Not too worried about the 3 conceeded. I wish we were more gung ho away from home. Keeps it interesting at least.

How could you not be worried about the 3 conceded? Awful defending for the first and Galway sliced through us for the other 2. Only thing I'll say is at least we responded well to their first and second.

Good performance going forward again. McGuire is just pure class. Great to see Kav finally back on the pitch. Long may that last.

Poor crowd of only 1600ish. Shame.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

gimmick wrote: »
    How could you not be worried about the 3 conceded? Awful defending for the first and Galway sliced through us for the other 2. Only thing I'll say is at least we responded well to their first and second.

Good performance going forward again. McGuire is just pure class. Great to see Kav finally back on the pitch. Long may that last.

Poor crowd of only 1600ish. Shame.

At this stage of the season it's about winning. Scoring more than we conceeded is all that matters as I don't see us making up the 6 goal difference.

We spread it out to the wings tonight which opened it up more for us.

Should have done that more this season when we played it far too central.

We looked sharp on the ball and our passing was as crisp as I have seen it this season.

Personally I'm little bit worried about goals conceded, but their 2nd goal was fantastic individual goal where he beat 2 men inside his half, passed it out wide, got it back in box and finished into corner.

We looked poor defending set pieces and 1st goal conceded came from it.

Poor crowd which was disappointing

At this stage of the season it's about winning. Scoring more than we conceeded is all that matters as I don't see us making up the 6 goal difference.

We could have been more than 4-1 up at half time. We could have scored a couple in the early stages of the second half. If the chances were taken Galway would have been totally demoralised and we could, perhaps should, have ended up winning 8-1. That would have put a big dent in the goal difference in just one night.

Can't believe that I was disappointed to win 5-3, but we completely hammered them until the last 15-20 minutes, then seemed to lose control. If the game had lasted another ten minutes I dread to think what could have happened.

Yes, it's great that we got the three points, and maybe I'm being greedy, but we should have ended up with a much more emphatic victory.

On the plus side, we really looked great until after the hour mark, playing fast, attacking football, and passing the ball around really well. The league's not over yet, by any means.

Well done to the u19s today with an away draw in Finland 0-0. About 40% possession but they dominated in shots , a good result.
    Home leg Oct 19

• Advertisement

Fair play to them. Will go to that

Super win today. Delighted we got to back to back finals. Hopefully we get over the line this time.

Final v Dundalk, chance for revenge to last year.
    Final v Derry the young team being assembled would provide a different challenge and I am sure their manager will have something to say, about everything. Would be nice to play them, as long as we win.

Super travelling support also today, never stopped singing, barely heard pats fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭Worztron

1-3 to City. :)

Maguires on fire!

Could be our 3rd FAI Cup and first in 9 years.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Delighted with that. All the better the other lot drew to pile on more congestion.

I'm on holidays for the final :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Great day out. Biggest City crowd on a terrace that I remember in many a year. Felt like the days of the shed all over....
    14470517_10154419543131832_7495739908648832592_n.jpg?oh=e492b0223ee956f36ad909461353c0d6&oe=58ACD06B&__gda__=1483001406_1735897021fddb4bfff4b0889b4a062b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Shades of the semi-final in Dalymount Park in 2007. Brilliant result and electric atmosphere. Was worried after they equalised, but we destroyed them in the second half. Should've been a few up before Seánie sealed it. I ended up missing it, but the roar from the City fans was something else.

Fantastic following up there. It was great seeing us take over the terrace and some of the stand. That really helped to create the atmosphere and spread it around the ground. It was nearly like a home game. The terrace and the standing singing stand up was amazing.

Roll on the final. Another trip to Lansdowne.

Fantastic stuff. City were terrific yesterday

Fantastic stuff. City were terrific yesterday

2 mins gone, City 1 up, Dundalk 1 down.

No more goals please:D

Edit city 3-0 up after 20, no more goals in Dundalk game instead:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

3 - 0, Goal Difference down to 2

Hello!!!!

Sligo go 2 up!!!!

Excellent so far!!!

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

3 - 0, Goal Difference down to 2

Now 1.

Maguire is now joint league top scorer with Dundalk's David McMillan - both on 15 goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

We don't have to play the second half do we lads?surely the ref will let us blow it up now :D

• Advertisement

Dundalk's hectic schedule looks like it's wearing them down.

Are we on tv Tuesday lads?

Worztron wrote: »
    Dundalk's hectic schedule looks like it's wearing them down.

City have a fair few matches in their schedule when you look at it.
    No sympathy for Dundalk, the price of success.

Maguire is now joint league top scorer with Dundalk's David McMillan - both on 15 goals.

....and he's top!!!!!!

....and he's top!!!!!!

16 goals. Dundalk must be kicking themselves for selling him to us.

• Advertisement

GD 0

Sligo red, get the bus out

Sligo red, get the bus out

And then they score a third !!!!!!

+1 for Ccfc

It's happening lads!!!

Our next game is away to Dundalk. :eek:

Our next game is away to Dundalk. :eek:

Bring them on.

5-0

We win our remaining games , we win the league....and the cup.

Simples.

A perfect night of soccer.

Now come on Ireland tomorrow eve. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

How many left to play in the league?

A perfect night of soccer.b

Now come on Ireland tomorrow eve. :)

Think I will give that a skip though, turgid, turgid football. Very hard to watch. Will hope for a win of course, but I won't be watching that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

How many left to play in the league?

6 games

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Are we on tv Tuesday lads?

?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

?

It's on RTE, 19:05 kick off time

?

Just checked. Can't find it on anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Some results tonight if you're a Cork fan, the double back on, and you wouldn't bet against it with Dundalks schedule.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Just saw that Ogbene scored the last goal too. Delighted for him!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Just checked. Can't find it on anywhere.

It's on RTE. I just checked there as well to confirm.

That's a game they'd have to have on. There would be riots otherwise! :D :pac:

Wilberto wrote: »
    It's on RTE. I just checked there as well to confirm.

That's a game they'd have to have on. There would be riots otherwise! :D :pac:

Couldn't find it. Had to go onto horizon and it's there. Happy days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

early today I would have taken a scabby 1-0 win for cork and for sligo to get a draw.

Sligo winning and cork hammering galway was the ultimate.
    Somehow cork still in with a great shout.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Very impressive from Cork City over the past few weeks. They really have stepped up a gear and confidence is sky high.

Ordinarily City would be well clear at the top with the points tally they have.

If they can come away from Oriel Park unscathed next Tuesday evening I think they will win the league.

Would be great to have 4 or 5 thousand at the Cross next Friday. Possibly to see City go top.

Advertisement