Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City FC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Lads what are the train times for the cup final and are the tickets out? Wana pick up a few and the website just saying tickets announced soon.
    Literally the first two stories on the website....
    http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/2016/10/13/train-fai-cup-final/
    http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/2016/10/18/2016-fai-cup-final-ticket-information/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Lads what are the train times for the cup final and are the tickets out? Wana pick up a few and the website just saying tickets announced soon.

Fair play to the 19s on a great result

On Ticketmaster today. Club shop since yesterday

Dont know about the trains.

John Kennedy dry buses? Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Shedite27 wrote: »

Yes I read this but also have heard of some lads having train tickets already so was wondering if they'd gone on sale already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Yes I read this but also have heard of some lads having train tickets already so was wondering if they'd gone on sale already

Train tickets are on sale but no departure or return time confirmed as of yet.

Im missing the final this year due to very bad planning. Got the train last year which brought us to the gate of the Aviva. Was absolutely perfect. Apart from the poor fúckers who were left behind in Mallow. If I were going this year this is how Id be travelling again no question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Fabio

gimmick wrote: »
    On Ticketmaster today. Club shop since yesterday

Dont know about the trains.

John Kennedy dry buses? Lol.
    He's got something like 6 or 7 buses running so far. He'll probably end up with double that amount in the end. He does some work in fairness like!

No doubting that. But there is no way I would get on a dry bus on cup final day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Train for me this year, without a doubt. Went up on the drinking bus last year but I'm too old for that carry on now (I turned 50 this year :D)

Question to anyone who caught the train last year: Is there enough time after the match to grab a few cans from an off licence before the train heads back to Cork? I'm assuming the return departure will have taken into account the fact there will possibly be ET and pens (hopefully though we'll have lifted the cup after 90 mins).

Train for me this year, without a doubt. Went up on the drinking bus last year but I'm too old for that carry on now (I turned 50 this year :D)

Question to anyone who caught the train last year: Is there enough time after the match to grab a few cans from an off licence before the train heads back to Cork? I'm assuming the return departure will have taken into account the fact there will possibly be ET and pens (hopefully though we'll have lifted the cup after 90 mins).

Even with the extra time last year, we had 2 pints near the ground and got to Connolly and got cans before the train. In hindsight we were ina bit of a rush though so maybe the 2 pints were a bad idea.

So if the times are the same and there is no ET you have loads of time.

• Advertisement

Even with the extra time last year, we had 2 pints near the ground and got to Connolly and got cans before the train. In hindsight we were ina bit of a rush though so maybe the 2 pints were a bad idea.

Thanks Gimmick. That's good news :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

...did the exact same thing last year. Bags of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭Worztron

Ah FFS! 0-1 to Pats.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

1-1

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Hell yeah!

2-1 City.

Worztron wrote: »
    Hell yeah!

2-1 City.

Was it his first touch?

• Advertisement

Was it his first touch?

Hi Mac.

Don't know – I'm just following latest score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

There's still the cup, lads!
    Depressingly quite here.

Let's try for better goal difference anyway -- maybe even get most goals for.

Just 3 more goals to beat our record PL win (7-1 vs Limerick F.C. in 1993). ⚽️ ⚽️ ⚽️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Great to see Kav back

• Advertisement

Just 2 more for the record. ⚽️ ⚽️

Great win on our last home league game of the season. ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Ogbene was brilliant last night. A pity that he missed the penalty, but there was far too much pressure on him after Turner's antics and the long delay caused by the ref. The fact that Turner's Cross went absolutely silent can't have helped his nerves either!

He looked so comfortable on the ball, has great strength and speed and also seems to read the game really well. A great prospect and hopefully we get a season or two out of him before he gets the inevitable move to England.

Wexford were shockingly poor. 5-0 flattered them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

"Turners antics" ??

I thought it was lousy on Turner that he was forced to give up the spotter. I assume he was the assigned peno taker. He'd have scored it too.

Ogbene was a breath of fresh air last night. If he has another good game in Bray I'd put him in for Shepherd for the Cup final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Disappointed with the crowd for last game. I know nothing to play for, but felt they deserved bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Monday nights are just no good for a decent crowd. Especially coming 3 days after another home game. Asking people to cough up €30 for two nothing games is never going to get many people excited. Last night should've been €5 in or something like that.

What happened with Turner?

kcb wrote: »
    "Turners antics" ??

I thought it was lousy on Turner that he was forced to give up the spotter. I assume he was the assigned peno taker. He'd have scored it too.

Ogbene was a breath of fresh air last night. If he has another good game in Bray I'd put him in for Shepherd for the Cup final.

OK, "antics" is a bit harsh (I like Turner, I'm not one of those who immediately jumps on him every time he touches the ball).

It's just that at 5-0 up and with Ogbene on a hat-trick, there's no way Turner should have been looking to take the penna. And when asked to hand it over to Ogbene he should have done so without a second thought, instead of arguing about it.

Anyone else feeling a buzz for the Cup Final next Sunday?

I went out to see the Open Training Day yesterday and that was very well attended and well organised as well. I think it's something the club could maybe do every year. Doug Minihane took a pile of pics: https://www.facebook.com/Doug-Minihane-Photos-995110287183323/

On Friday night Neal Horgan is launching his second book about his time at the club - that's over in the Heineken Brewery and later that same night there's a cup final preview night in Soho where a good few of the older players will be interviewed.

Fabio wrote: »
    Anyone else feeling a buzz for the Cup Final next Sunday?

I went out to see the Open Training Day yesterday and that was very well attended and well organised as well. I think it's something the club could maybe do every year. Doug Minihane took a pile of pics: https://www.facebook.com/Doug-Minihane-Photos-995110287183323/

On Friday night Neal Horgan is launching his second book about his time at the club - that's over in the Heineken Brewery and later that same night there's a cup final preview night in Soho where a good few of the older players will be interviewed.

The buzz seems to be slowly spreading to those who never go to Turner's Cross too. Plenty of people at work asking me if I'm going (!) and do I have a ticket etc. Some of them never go to a game at the Cross, but they're going up to the Aviva. Not sure why this annoys me, but it does :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

The buzz seems to be slowly spreading to those who never go to Turner's Cross too. Plenty of people at work asking me if I'm going (!) and do I have a ticket etc. Some of them never go to a game at the Cross, but they're going up to the Aviva. Not sure why this annoys me, but it does :mad:

It kinda annoys me too but at the same time it might give them the bug or to even turn up a few times next year.

I'll start to get excited about the game on Saturday. The anticipation will grow. The train/ match tickets are purchased, the deck of cards are already in the 'city' coat and the hope is Dundalk miss their connecting flight after their match Thursday ........every little helps!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    It kinda annoys me too but at the same time it might give them the bug or to even turn up a few times next year.

I'll start to get excited about the game on Saturday. The anticipation will grow. The train/ match tickets are purchased, the deck of cards are already in the 'city' coat and the hope is Dundalk miss their connecting flight after their match Thursday ........every little helps!!

Thanks for reminding me. :)

Just to see if this will further propel the buzz. The Shed documentary in full on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTSIZDcNSww

Those were very special days. More to come, hopefully this Sunday will be one of them.

Great to see over 3,000 down the tonight. The lads did very well. With a bit of luck they could have gotten a result. Missed pen was a killer.

The only difference really was that Roma had that bit more fitness same against Finnish crowd.

Thought City played very well and were unlucky to get beat.

Who missed the pen?

Who missed the pen?

The goalscorer, Drinan.

The scoreline flattered Roma, City played some lovely football and really put it to the Italians I felt. Look at the way Roma celebrated at the end - that was the mark of a side who had been pushed, and pushed hard.

The City lads should hold their heads high, they did the club, the city, the whole county, proud last night with that performance. There's no reason they shouldn't get something out of the second leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Never thought we were going to win last year. Billy Dennehey, Liam Miller, Mark O'Sullivan, Garry Buckley T15 would get nowhere near the side this season.

Big pitch will suit us. Dundalk on their way back from Russia. We've seen today with Man City & Athletic Madrid how hard it is to come back to domestic game and go again.

The big pitch suits this side and their athleticism.

Prediction : 2-1

Magure, Dooley

• Advertisement

Never thought we were going to win last year. Billy Dennehey, Liam Miller, Mark O'Sullivan, Garry Buckley T15 would get nowhere near the side this season.

Big pitch will suit us. Dundalk on their way back from Russia. We've seen today with Man City & Athletic Madrid how hard it is to come back to domestic game and go again.

The big pitch suits this side and their athleticism.

Prediction : 2-1

Magure, Dooley

Maguire brace, also 2-1.

Well done to all involved with CCFC!!! :)

Some folk may have played down the importance of the cup during the year, but I always felt it's importance. When Seanie tucked away the winner the sheer delight and pandemonium was surreal.

A great way to beat them aswell.

Absolutely delighted.

We got what our club truly deserved today!!

Onwards and upwards !!!

I certainly derided the cup earlier on and stand by it. At the time all I was concerned about was the league.

However today is a huge huge HUGE day in our clubs history. Had we lost to them again it would have killed morale of everyone. Fans, players, everyone. The fact it was "them" we beat made it more special. Defying them more history and all that.

And I missed it. I'm away. Gutted to have missed out but am absolutely delighted to say Cork City FC Cup Champs 2016.

Great day and it means more to us as we needed to show somthing for last 3 seasons.

We still lack 2 or 3 players and if we get right plsyers in we be hard stop next season. Dont forget Dundalk could possible lose few key plsyers when league Starts next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Congrats Cork from a Dundalk fan. If it wasn't against Dundalk I would have been happy to see Cork win. I was also happy to see Cork do well in Europe.

I do think it is funny though how bitter all the players are towards Dundalk.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154181964461848&id=571916847
    Bit of respect lost, be gracious in defeat. Stephen Kenny was nothing but positive after the game about Cork. Karl Sheppard also criticising pundits: "Credit to Dundalk we wanted them at there best and they certainly were tonight they had some season👌 but couldn't be happier for this group".
    Just have to point out there was no way Dundalk were at the their best. They were absolutely exhausted. O'Donnell was playing on one leg, McEleney was barely fit to run, Horgan was in bits near the end.

I enjoyed the game. Happy for genuine Cork fans who aren't bitter, a good few here who were happy for Dundalk fans in Europe. Well done! Try and enjoy winning the cup and not focusing on Dundalk. :o

• Advertisement

Not going take away from victory but that was cringe stuff from Mcnulty.

He was drunk(i hope) but still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Not going take away from victory but that was cringe stuff from Mcnulty.

He was drunk(i hope) but still.

Didn't see much wrong with it, he's clearly delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Didn't see much wrong with it, he's clearly delighted.

Well ...
      I think most people would have thought Dundalk were favourites including yourselves. But to say nobody gave Cork a chance is definitely wrong. Dundalk are still the best team in the country.
      Lots of people were applauding how good Cork were in Europe but that was ages ago, Dundalk are in the group stages now and of course people are going to talk about them.
      Also, being pissed and going on a rant like that is a bit unprofessional :D.
    So basically, I disagree with everything he says.

I just wanted to point out one thing I would be disappointed with if I was a Cork fan was the half time warmups. Dundalk were out doing various drills while Cork were just passing it, kicking it about and taking a couple of shots. Obviously didn't matter in the end but just thought it was interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Taken down now, maybe as well for everybody. I wouldn't think he meant half of it, more like a few drinks and got a bit carried away. I didn't care what he said tbh, but you would never hear a GAA, Rugby or other sports person using so many fcuks in such a short space of time, and maybe one of his friends should have taken the mike off him. Nobody died and there was no harm done,(except to maybe the lad himself). He did have a good match, so celebrating is understandable.

Looks like Seanie might be off to Preston. Would have liked to hold onto him for another year.
    Great crowds on Grand Parade tonight, great to see.

• Advertisement
Advertisement