Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City FC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭Worztron

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Looks like Seanie might be off to Preston. Would have liked to hold onto him for another year.
    Great crowds on Grand Parade tonight, great to see.

Ah it'd be a shame if he left us.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Why did Daryl Horgan leave Cork City in 2013?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Worztron wrote: »

There's an interview with Horgan on this somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

Sorry Worztron, can't find it now, basically he said that City played Dundalk in the 2nd last match of the 2013 season and his dad was at the match. I thought he said the match was in Cork but the history pages at Dundalk show a home match. Anyway, after the match his dad said that if Dundalk were looking for his signature he should sign for the them. (Thin lines indeed) Kilduff on for City.

This is the only match he can have been referring to

http://extratime.ie/matches/detail/19178/2/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Worztron wrote: »

He was offered a 52 week contract with more money. Simple as that.

Also. Why are Dundalk fans posting here telling us how players should behave?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I dont blame him if he leaves but i think for his sake seems like his first spell was not a success he should give it another season.

But money talks I guess

gimmick wrote: »

I see. BTW, whose the Dundalk fans here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Its a bit rich Dundalk fans telling Cork City fans that our players are filthy when you see things like this.

15032919_1420310424663305_43247341972645095_n.jpg?oh=57b367f4c055baab41165dee3979024d&oe=58970BAF

joeysoap wrote: »
    There's an interview with Horgan on this somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

Sorry Worztron, can't find it now, basically he said that City played Dundalk in the 2nd last match of the 2013 season and his dad was at the match. I thought he said the match was in Cork but the history pages at Dundalk show a home match. Anyway, after the match his dad said that if Dundalk were looking for his signature he should sign for the them. (Thin lines indeed) Kilduff on for City.

This is the only match he can have been referring to

http://extratime.ie/matches/detail/19178/2/

On the team lineups in that link -- Is that the same Kilduff that's now at Dundalk?

Yup. He had a reasonably successful loan spell at city a few years back.

CHealy wrote: »
    Its a bit rich Dundalk fans telling Cork City fans that our players are filthy when you see things like this.

15032919_1420310424663305_43247341972645095_n.jpg?oh=57b367f4c055baab41165dee3979024d&oe=58970BAF

I hope action is taken over this. McMillan thinks Beattie got him sent off in Turners Cross this year. This is his revenge. No doubt. The cowardly "so and so". Eye gouge from behind. Nice.

Was going to call him a cûnt but that would be too far for this board :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

I hope action is taken over this. McMillan thinks Beattie got him sent off in Turners Cross this year. This is his revenge. No doubt. The cowardly "so and so". Eye gouge from behind. Nice.

Was going to call him a cûnt but that would be too far for this board :).

CwwIOqkXgAErAfB.jpg:large
    Chris Shields ‏@Big_Shields6 15s15 seconds ago
    @LooneyPeter @GraemeCCFC @corkcityfcnews look lads slow anything down and it looks bad. This wasn't an eye gouge and either was mine

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Bluethunder89

Surprised Kenny Browne didn't make team of the year, thought he has been excellent this season

If Beattie gouged Finn then he needs to be punished aswell. Im all for pushing and shoving but I have no time for players eye gouging, that could turn very nasty.

I just think that both pictures could be and hopefully are out of context.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Surprised Kenny Browne didn't make team of the year, thought he has been excellent this season

Looks out of shape to me

Dundalk learned a lot in europe mainly diving and moaning especially horgan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Raoul wrote: »
    Congrats Cork from a Dundalk fan. If it wasn't against Dundalk I would have been happy to see Cork win. I was also happy to see Cork do well in Europe.

I do think it is funny though how bitter all the players are towards Dundalk.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154181964461848&id=571916847
    Bit of respect lost, be gracious in defeat. Stephen Kenny was nothing but positive after the game about Cork. Karl Sheppard also criticising pundits: "Credit to Dundalk we wanted them at there best and they certainly were tonight they had some season�� but couldn't be happier for this group".
    Just have to point out there was no way Dundalk were at the their best. They were absolutely exhausted. O'Donnell was playing on one leg, McEleney was barely fit to run, Horgan was in bits near the end.

I enjoyed the game. Happy for genuine Cork fans who aren't bitter, a good few here who were happy for Dundalk fans in Europe. Well done! Try and enjoy winning the cup and not focusing on Dundalk. :o

You could practice what you preach!

Well ...
    • I think most people would have thought Dundalk were favourites including yourselves. But to say nobody gave Cork a chance is definitely wrong.
      Dundalk are still the best team in the country.
    • Lots of people were applauding how good Cork were in Europe but that was ages ago, Dundalk are in the group stages now and of course people are going to talk about them.
    • Also, being pissed and going on a rant like that is a bit unprofessional :D.
    So basically, I disagree with everything he says.

I just wanted to point out one thing I would be disappointed with if I was a Cork fan was the half time warmups. Dundalk were out doing various drills while Cork were just passing it, kicking it about and taking a couple of shots. Obviously didn't matter in the end but just thought it was interesting.[/QUOTE]

Some good it did ye in the end.

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Well ...
    • I think most people would have thought Dundalk were favourites including yourselves. But to say nobody gave Cork a chance is definitely wrong.
      Dundalk are still the best team in the country.
    • Lots of people were applauding how good Cork were in Europe but that was ages ago, Dundalk are in the group stages now and of course people are going to talk about them.
    • Also, being pissed and going on a rant like that is a bit unprofessional :D.
    So basically, I disagree with everything he says.

I just wanted to point out one thing I would be disappointed with if I was a Cork fan was the half time warmups. Dundalk were out doing various drills while Cork were just passing it, kicking it about and taking a couple of shots. Obviously didn't matter in the end but just thought it was interesting.[/QUOTE]

Some good it did ye in the end.
    I said that myself but do you have anything productive to say?

I do think that it is an important point. I think it is terrible that you see most teams just let the subs go out and do whatever they want.

• Advertisement

I said that myself but do you have anything productive to say?

I do think that it is an important point. I think it is terrible that you see most teams just let the subs go out and do whatever they want.

Go off and ring Joe Duffy or write a letter to the FAI's high performance director. It might give us a break from your trolling in here for a while.

Was he offered a52 week contract? Defo offered more money and told he'd be in England within a season. Think he was also gone before John Caulfield became manager.

Go off and ring Joe Duffy or write a letter to the FAI's high performance director. It might give us a break from your trolling in here for a while.

Don't really see why you think I am trolling. This isn't the "airtricity banter page", it is a discussion board. I just love league of Ireland football and sometimes it is good to get Cork City people's perspectives on things. Just cos I am a fan of your rival doesn't mean I can't have good input to the discussion about Cork City.

Half time is not a training session or a warm up. If any of the players were coming on they'd be in the dressing room getting ready, if they come on at the 60th minute, they'll be warming up in the 10 minutes beforehand. The fact that the City players had a game of keepy uppy or were pinging 40 yarders to each other has no impact on the game for both the team or those players. This of course was proven by our 121st minute winner.

Don't really see why you think I am trolling. This isn't the "airtricity banter page", it is a discussion board. I just love league of Ireland football and sometimes it is good to get Cork City people's perspectives on things. Just cos I am a fan of your rival doesn't mean I can't have good input to the discussion about Cork City.

Trolling is exactly what you are doing and the below is hardly "good input" as you put it. You come across a bit like Enda Kenny canvasing Irish emigrants not to vote for Brexit. There is plenty we could say about your club it's so called fans and your ground. The fact is this is a CORK CITY thread it doesn't belong here. So do us a favour and stop telling us how the players and fans of our club should react or conduct our half time kick about.

QUOTE=Raoul
    I enjoyed the game. Happy for genuine Cork fans who aren't bitter, a good few here who were happy for Dundalk fans in Europe. Well done! Try and enjoy winning the cup and not focusing on Dundalk. redface.png

New signing in from Sligo Jimmy Keohane

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

New signing in from Sligo Jimmy Keohane

Keohane looks like a decent acquisition. A number 10. We could do with him being a goal scorer.

https://youtu.be/ZZMmv872OA0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

kcb wrote: »
    Keohane looks like a decent acquisition. A number 10. We could do with him being a goal scorer.

https://youtu.be/ZZMmv872OA0

Unfortunately he's not a goal scorer. 2 goals last season for Sligo in 31 appearances. 20 in 166 career games.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Unfortunately he's not a goal scorer. 2 goals last season for Sligo in 31 appearances. 20 in 166 career games.

If he can be a playmaker in the George O'Callaghan mould, slip in The through balls and pop up with a goal every 10 games that'll be alright.

George scored 23 goals in his 150 game 5 year spell at City (2002-7)

If he can be a playmaker in the George O'Callaghan mould, slip in The through balls and pop up with a goal every 10 games that'll be alright.

George scored 23 goals in his 150 game 5 year spell at City (2002-7)

No it wouldnt-you wanna challenge Dundalk and you go for some journey man ffs

ROY RACE wrote: »

????

Who's the journey man you are referring to? And you're saying you would not welcome a player as effective as Georgie?

Okey dokey

• Advertisement

One of the best players in the clubs history and arguably the most important player in the league win of 2005 you mean?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

gimmick wrote:
    One of the best players in the clubs history and arguably the most important player in the league win of 2005 you mean?

Georgie? Sure he's only average after!

:pac:

????

Who's the journey man you are referring to? And you're saying you would not welcome a player as effective as Georgie?

Okey dokey

Im referring to young jimmy our latest signing ive seen him play a few times

Campion signs from Sligo

Wilberto wrote: »
    Georgie? Sure he's only average after!

:pac:

well he was to the untrained eye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

Disappointed with the quality of signings by Caulfield so far.If we want to win the title next season we will need proven top quality players,not cast-off's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

yup, we need 3/4 players that are better than the current crop, not more bench fodder

To be fair, I would say Campion is a much better player than Danny Morrissey and likewise Keohane looks to have much more about him than Holohan (who unfortunately never seemed to deliver on his potential)

I agree though, they need badly at least one big name signing I think. Especially if they lose Maguire or O'Connor.

lukin wrote: »
    Disappointed with the quality of signings by Caulfield so far.If we want to win the title next season we will need proven top quality players,not cast-off's.

Nail on head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

As much as Cork City are a fantastic team it was something I never took to. Even the great Patsy Freyne asked me to go on numerous occasions. Wasn't for me, my most recent game was at Thomond park a few years back through work, but not for me. I have to take my hat off to the lads involved in the family enclosure though,their dedication is beyond anything I've ever seen before.

• Advertisement

lukin wrote: »

The cast off we signed from Dundalk last season was a real dud too wasn't he?

Nail on head.

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

The cast off we signed from Dundalk last season was a real dud too wasn't he?

One could argue that cast-offs from Dundalk will, quite understandably, be of a higher standard than cast-offs from other league clubs.

Wilberto wrote: »
    One could argue that cast-offs from Dundalk will, quite understandably, be of a higher standard than cast-offs from other league clubs.

Since when is signing a player from another club seen as a bad thing? We're Bolger and Browne seen as SPA cast offs last year?

Suarez was hardly a Liverpool or Ajax cast off was he?

At worst these guys strengthen our very weak bench.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Caulfield has certainly strengthened our squad, no bad thing. I would like a signing that would automatically step in and improve our first team, maybe one or two will, only time will tell. I didn't think Seanie would turn out to be such a fantastic signing so who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Where are people expecting us to sign players from? The transfer window is closed for the rest of Europe until new years day. Of course we're gonna be only signing Irish players right now.

Since when is signing a player from another club seen as a bad thing? We're Bolger and Browne seen as SPA cast offs last year?

Suarez was hardly a Liverpool or Ajax cast off was he?

At worst these guys strengthen our very weak bench.

All I'm saying that the fringe players from Dundalk are probably going to be of a higher standard than the fringe players from other clubs in the league based on the fact that their first team is.

This all stemmed from one poster stating our current signings were "cast-offs", and you responded stating the cast-off we got from Dundalk ended up pretty well.

Those Brown and Bolger examples have no place in the argument as they weren't St. Pats fringe players. They were the "top quality signings" that the first poster wants to see more of this season.

For what it's worth, I've never said any of our current signings were cast-offs, nor have I even mentioned anything about them.

:)

Well Keohane and McCormack both have 30+ appearances last season. So they are nobodies cast offs. Campion I know nothing at all about so cannot comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Happy enough with signings so far. Still think we could do with good CB though and maybe another attacking option

Advertisement