Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City FC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Not sure what McNulty did to get booked in that incident.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

part of me thinks how will cork screw it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

no pessimistic views allowed ;) I'll say it the league is over :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

part of me thinks how will cork screw it up.

Cork City

Or just City.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Worztron

gimmick wrote: »
    Not sure what McNulty did to get booked in that incident.

Yes, I saw nothing that Nults did to deserve a yellow.

And for some unknown reason, yobbo Ethan Boyle gets only a yellow card for flooring Nults. WTF?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

kcb wrote: »
    Cork City

Or just City.

I hate to break it to you but there is more than one city so cork is more apt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I hate to break it to you but there is more than one city so cork is more apt

The only people who refer to us as Cork are the dubs! We're Cork City or City. Never Cork

MrMac84 wrote: »
    The only people who refer to us as Cork are the dubs! We're Cork City or City. Never Cork

Really ?

I am from cork and say cork, but guess you are the expert since you seem to think you speak for absolutely everyone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

True, although the reason I would have used for not using "Cork" is that "Cork" in sporting terms, to me, refers to Cork GAA. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

A City fan never refers to City as "Cork".

Ever.

Wilberto wrote: »
    True, although the reason I would have used for not using "Cork" is that "Cork" in sporting terms, to me, refers to Cork GAA. :)

Which is the forum the previous poster has been posting in the most since he joined Boards. He seems to like to run Cork down in general across a lot of his posts so I won't be feeding him anymore

Roar wrote: »

Ever.

Exactly Roar.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Really ?

I am from cork and say cork, but guess you are the expert since you seem to think you speak for absolutely everyone.

If a Corkman asks are Cork playing....they are talking GAA.

Cork City or moreso City, it shouldn't be that hard for you, as a Corkman, to understand that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I don't even really like football and I would never refer to Cork City FC as Cork.

That's that sorted anyway.

They're all big games for City now. A win at Galway United should be very manageable, which then gives us a home game against Drogheda United and then away to Sligo Rovers to equal the record. A win in Sligo is always tough.

I'd take a couple of draws now ordinarily but it would be nice to get the record against Shams and go to Dundalk on the June weekend with the swagger of Invincibles.

• Advertisement

Ever.

oh look another expert

Did you learn that growing up in city ?

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    If a Corkman asks are Cork playing....they are talking GAA.

Cork City or moreso City, it shouldn't be that hard for you, as a Corkman, to understand that.

My absolute hatred for GAA is well known so when I say cork it only means the football team, or soccer as the boggers would have us call it.

Amazing the amount of people who think they are somehow more worthy or superior to dictate what term i should use, as if they were giving instructions.
    Or those that declare because I use cork when speaking on the internet I must therefore be a dub, how very insecure they must be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

My absolute hatred for GAA is well known so when I say cork it only means the football team, or soccer as the boggers would have us call it.

Amazing the amount of people who think they are somehow more worthy or superior to dictate what term i should use, as if they were giving instructions.
    Or those that declare because I use cork when speaking on the internet I must therefore be a dub, how very insecure they must be.

You dont even spell Cork with a capital C, have a bit of respect if you feel so strongly about calling the club that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Erra lads ignore the obvious troll.

What about McCormack being named player of the month yesterday? He's been sensational. One of City's best signings in years.

CHealy wrote: »
    You dont even spell Cork with a capital C, have a bit of respect if you feel so strongly about calling the club that.

I cannot believe this, you are actually lecturing a person on the net that because he failed to capitalize the c in Cork he therefore must be less of a fan.

This is the parochial, ignorant type of mentality one would normally associate with the GAA fan in Cork which sadly seems to have found its way into the football supporter who question if people are fans due to spelling errors and even accuse them of being a Dub if they have the audacity to refer to Cork City as Cork.

I capitalized Cork this time. Am I now more of a fan Mr Expert ?

• Advertisement

Erra lads ignore the obvious troll.

What about McCormack being named player of the month yesterday? He's been sensational. One of City's best signings in years.

Why is it trolling ?
    I can refer to them as Cork, it dont make me any less of a fan or Corkman or the likes of you and others "experts"

As for Conor McCormack, I think he deserved it.

Your man is on the war path haha, whats the story Justin kid????? :):)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I cannot believe this, you are actually lecturing a person on the net that because he failed to capitalize the c in Cork he therefore must be less of a fan.

This is the parochial, ignorant type of mentality one would normally associate with the GAA fan in Cork which sadly seems to have found its way into the football supporter who question if people are fans due to spelling errors and even accuse them of being a Dub if they have the audacity to refer to Cork City as Cork.

I capitalized Cork this time. Am I now more of a fan Mr Expert ?

OK less of the childish name-calling and insults.
    Discuss the subject at hand without getting personal - attack the post not the poster (or the good people of Cork in general!)

Any further breaches of protocol will result in sanction.

Shep got the award from Soho for player of the month. Great to have so many in good form. "If" we keep or run going the game against Rovers should be electric in the cross!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Shep got the award from Soho for player of the month. Great to have so many in good form. "If" we keep or run going the game against Rovers should be electric in the cross!

Was thinking the exact same when I looked at the fixtures.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Not that I want to carry on the discussion or anything but..

It's not a case of one group of fans acting superior to the other set or anything like that. Simply put, it's just an easy way to differentiate between the different county teams across different sports. You wouldn't really say Cork Football or Cork Hurlers or Cork G.A.A. in a sentence as it's more of a mouthful so people just say Cork. Then for Cork City it's just "City".

It's solely just to differentiate between the two sports during conversation and has never been intended to be used as a way of placing one team on a pedestal above the other.

I get your point, but as I already said I despise the GAA, I would not watch it or even attend it, be it all Ireland's or whatever even if I got free tickets.
    Its nothing to me.

I only care for football and darts so when I say I was watching cork all my brothers and friends who like me despise the GAA know exactly what I mean.

The issue here for me is people trying to make out because I use the term Cork instead of just City, which there is more than one off, I therefore must be a dub or less of a fan.
    That is simply retarded logic.

I get your point, but as I already said I despise the GAA, I would not watch it or even attend it, be it all Ireland's or whatever even if I got free tickets.
    Its nothing to me.

I only care for football and darts so when I say I was watching cork all my brothers and friends who like me despise the GAA know exactly what I mean.

The issue here for me is people trying to make out because I use the term Cork instead of just City, which there is more than one off, I therefore must be a dub or less of a fan.
    That is simply retarded logic.

Fella, you call it whatever you want.

The rest of us around these parts will continue to call it what we want.

Let's move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

How will we possibly be able to discuss anything in this thread with the ever present threat of confusion over which City people are talking about?? Someone could say "I hope City win the next game" but which City? Man City? Derry City? New York City?? Who? WHO???

Unlucky 13 strikes again!!

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Unlucky 13 strikes again!!

Ah well! 'Twas fun while it lasted! :pac:

Still 13 unbeaten for City (Cork City that is ;) )
    Important to put in a good performance at home next week.

I hope there are a couple of top players lined up to come in over the summer as the squad could get thin with any more injuries.

Anyone know what's the record for league games unbeaten for City?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Brian Lenihan, wasn't he signed by Hull from Cork City? he's out of contract in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

Brian Lenihan, wasn't he signed by Hull from Cork City? he's out of contract in the summer.

Signed a one year extension at Hull last week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A big announcement tomorrow? What's that about?

4-0 before HT! 3 in 3 mins! Great stuff!!

Now's a good chance to beat our record win (away vs Athlone Town 7–0, 10-Sep-2011).

• Advertisement

Super win. They should have scored more, so many chances missed but you can hardly complain when you win 5-0

Maguire now top scorer in the LOI top flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Raoul

Worztron wrote: »
    Maguire now top scorer in the LOI top flight.

Get your money on McMillan now while Maguire is still in the league. He can't keep scoring when he is in Preston.

Raoul wrote: »
    Get your money on McMillan now while Maguire is still in the league. He can't keep scoring when he is in Preston.

Or King Karl Sheppard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Raoul

kcb wrote: »
    Or King Karl Sheppard

Who is going to replace Maguire if he leaves? Are you actually expecting Sheppard to score even more goals?

Who is going to replace Maguire if he leaves? Are you actually expecting Sheppard to score even more goals?

Sheppard is like a new signing this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Good shout but can't find odds anywhere :(

Fantastic Win!!

The kind of win that wins you the league......away from home ......1 down at HT....miss a second half pen but still comeback and win the game!

Huge win for City!!

Now bring on 'that' lot Friday night .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Full house surely on Friday

Full house surely on Friday

Considering the weather is supposed to very nice as well, no excuses to not fill the X before the break.

Seriously impressive win on the road. Title winning statement.

Friday evening should be electric out at the Box.

• Advertisement
Advertisement