Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City FC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Thats a huge win. When you see on twitter that Maguire slips over and the ball trickles harmlessly wide from a penalty you begin to believe it wont be your night. But there is a serious will to win in this team this season. If we beat Shamrocks on Friday and avoid defeat against Dundalk next week its very hard to see how it can be f?cked up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

gimmick wrote: »
    Thats a huge win. When you see on twitter that Maguire slips over and the ball trickles harmlessly wide from a penalty you begin to believe it wont be your night. But there is a serious will to win in this team this season. If we beat Shamrocks on Friday and avoid defeat against Dundalk next week its very hard to see how it can be f?cked up.

I said before the game last night if we get 7 points from the three games upto the break then it would be a massive success, already 1 win notched and Id expect us to go out and batter Shamrock next week after all Bradleys comments about us earlier in the season so that leaves the Dundalk game to avoid defeat.

Cant explain how big of a win that was for us last night, we find it so so hard to play Sligo both home and away for some reason. We barely got over the line against them at the Cross a few months ago and obviously stumbled past them again last night, but Im glad we only have to play them once more in the League this year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Two 0-0 games tonight for Dundalk and Bray, 2 games both would have been expecting to win.

City are now 15 points clear !!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Yet another win in front of over 5000

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Got a bit of a scare going behind but I felt once we drew level we were always going to win. We did cough up a fair few chances though but the red was certainly warranted and it was great to bang in another 3 goals.

Delighted for Delaney, motm and scoring 2 good goals.

Now, a win or a draw v Dundalk and we really will be sitting pretty.

Had a bad feeling going into the game and the opening 40 did nothing to change that. Lucky to go in level.

I didn't see the tackle for the red but everyone agreed it was a defo red. From there aside from one excellent chance for them we dominated.

Morrissey - WOOF. He was excellent all night. As was Shep. As was McCormack. Maguire was poor by his standards. But those standards are very high.

Delighted with the win and the fight and the desire in the team. Huge game next week. We shouldn't be saying stuff like "avoid defeat" but I'd be delighted with a draw and go over the halfway mark 15 clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Mccormack was simply super tonight. Wins his tackles, looks for the pass and gives the right pass. One of best signings we have done in last few years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

We want you to stay
    We want you to stay

Stephen Bradley

We want you to stay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Rovers were decent with Trevor Clarke their stand out.

Caulfield is big on set pieces. Sometimes I think its ott but hard to argue with 3 goals last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Big game for City on the road on Friday. If City Avoid defeat it will be very hard for Dundalk to reel City back in. City are good enough to best them which would be particularly satisfying.

Where to watch in town if you're not travelling?

Soho
    Rising Sons
    Courtyard at Flying Enterprise

All have confirmed they'll be showing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

kcb wrote: »
    Big game for City on the road on Friday. If City Avoid defeat it will be very hard for Dundalk to reel City back in. City are good enough to best them which would be particularly satisfying.

Where to watch in town if you're not travelling?

Soho
    Rising Sons
    Courtyard at Flying Enterprise

All have confirmed they'll be showing.

Soho probably the most popular with City fans. Can't say I've ever been in RS.

• Advertisement

12 point cushion at worst is a nice position to be in. 18 would be so much better and would mean that we would only need 9 more wins to be guaranteed the league.

One way or other, but my reckoning, if we will 11 of the remaining 17 we cannot be caught and that is very achievable. I just hope that that 11th game isn't against Bray in October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

gimmick wrote: »
    12 point cushion at worst is a nice position to be in. 18 would be so much better and would mean that we would only need 9 more wins to be guaranteed the league.

One way or other, but my reckoning, if we will 11 of the remaining 17 we cannot be caught and that is very achievable. I just hope that that 11th game isn't against Bray in October.

I would say 9 more wins will as good as guarantee us the title at which point we would be on 73 points. Can't see us losing a lot of games this year. Also think we could be close to a record points total for a 33 game season.

Avoiding defeat tomorrow is the main thing, its another move on the chess board as we try to get this wrapped up asap. Saying that, even if the worst case scenario happens and we do lose, imagine if you said at the start of the season that we'd be 12 points clear with 16 games left, id have bitten your hand off. For the record, I think we'll win tomorrow night, we are good enough.

Soho best shout for a bit of atmosphere and they do great sponsorship work with the club so be good to support them.

Win tomorrow and in my opinion the league is as good as over.

But reckon we will find it tough. Would take a draw now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

A boring nil all draw tonight please.

Or... a last minute dodgy penalty that never was to win it, just to see Kenny's reaction.

That would be fcuking hilarious.

Roar wrote: »
    A boring nil all draw tonight please.

Or... a last minute dodgy penalty that never was to win it, just to see Kenny's reaction.

That would be fcuking hilarious.

Sure if that happened the media probably wouldn't even bring it up with him :D

Least nervous Iv been for a game v Dundalk in three and a half years, as I said worse case scenario we are still 12 points ahead with 16 games left, thats incredible when you think about it. Can't get up to it so Im going to enjoy a few pints and watch it in town. For the record, I think we are going to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I reckon there's a fair chance it'll be wrapped up sometime around mid-September, with about 6 games remaining. 15th would be sweet - Dundalk at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I reckon there's a fair chance it'll be wrapped up sometime around mid-September, with about 6 games remaining. 15th would be sweet - Dundalk at home

God I hope so :) (I'm away between 1st - 18th October)

• Advertisement

Im at a wedding Oct 7th. The Derry game is moved to that day because ROIMNT at playing Moldova the friday. I really hope it wrapped up by then.

Away to dundalk and I'm strangely confident, really can't see us losing. Reckon we could see a Dundalk red card tonight as they are bound to be up for it but might get 'annoyed' if this gs don't go the it way.

Really looking forward to it. I'll take a draw with no injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

One nil up at half time. Maguire goal. Kids acting up so only saw the last minute. Are we good for it?

Balmed Out wrote: »
    One nil up at half time. Maguire goal. Kids acting up so only saw the last minute. Are we good for it?

Totally. Playing well . We should have had a pen, Typically :pac: it wasn't given. We look very dangerous from corners as well.

2-0 Seanie ! Get the absolute f?ck In!

2 nil, great stuff and a great goal.

• Advertisement

Johnny Dunleavy take a bow for the second goal!

Hat trick baby

Take that Dundalk.

That's it.

All Over!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Worztron

Fantastic night!

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Hat trick baby

Take that Dundalk.

That's it.

All Over!!

+1

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    MrMac84 wrote: »

Taken 2 bows even :D

A perfect performance.

Maguire gets all the plaudits but my god what a game from McCormack. And Dooley. And Keohane. And everyone.

Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Expected I guess. Wonder will city get much out of the deal. I presume he didn't have a long contract.

http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/2017/06/03/sean-maguire-to-join-preston-north-end/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

gimmick wrote:
    Maguire gets all the plaudits but my god what a game from McCormack. And Dooley. And Keohane. And everyone.

Another excellent game from McCormack? Fairly unsurprising at this stage! :pac: :D

A pity to see O'Connor go to Preston as well but at least we have whom I believe is going to be a very capable, dare I say better, player in Griffin, I really like what I've seen and heard from others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Rumour is Delaney is being signed on a permanent basis. That would be a good signing.

Talk of Hoban too?

Back to business tomorrow night. 3 points a must to keep the gap intact before Europe. You'd probably take a draw next week away to Derry City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Delaney would be a great signing

Best CB in the league imo

Missing tomorrow nights game but I would expect a win. Hopefully the break won't have any negative consequences and we can continue our quest for the title.

Delaney is a class cb.

Would like to see Sadlier come in and allways like Hoban aswell!

• Advertisement

Missed last nights game. Wedding anniversary. Saw snippets here and there and it looked controlled and dare I say easy! We are seeing a team as good as 2005 here. Arguably better.

I remember when all the Tom Coughlan crap was happening years ago and deciding I was done with CCFC, my dad who I've gone to games with since the late 90s said to me that it's my decision etc but when we are top of pile again you can never say "thick and thin". The moment FORAS took over I renewed my season ticket. Season like this make all the mediocrity, the heart ache worth it.

You can only truly enjoy the highest highs by experiencing the lowest lows. TC era was the lowest ebb.

Off to Estonia we go. Very happy with the draw, probably the best we could have hoped for. Think they are looking to swap the home and away dates.
    IF we do get through, Aek Larnaca , Cyprus or Lincoln fc from Gibraltar would be on the horizon, not too bad at all.

Dundalk got Rosenborg.......

Love to go to Estonia but prices are crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Love to go to Estonia but prices are crazy

Think there's options if you're flexible, fly to London and connect from there or try Helsinki and get a 2 hour booze cruise over

First leg, Away leg confirmed as being on Thursday 29th June

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Think there's options if you're flexible, fly to London and connect from there or try Helsinki and get a 2 hour booze cruise over

You can also do a cheap booze cruise to Tallinn from Stockholm, very regular service, usually for half nothing. Norwiegan doing Dub-Stockholm these days as well.

420295.jpg

Best I can see, is the match going to be on in Tallinn? If we get through do we know date of next away game, thinking likely to be Cyprus which was great last time.

Match now to be played in the resort of Parnu which is not far off half way between Talnin and Riga with a capacity of just 1500.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

This is a balls to get out there with all the hops. Coming back to Dublin on the Saturday is just 35euro.

• Advertisement

Delaney signs on for the remainder of the season. Thats great news.

Advertisement