Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City FC

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

It sure is, with the injuries we have this is the perfect bit of good news. Our defence has been outstanding this season and he's certainly a big part in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

gimmick wrote: »
    Delaney signs on for the remainder of the season. Thats great news.

Can't help but feel a little underwhelmed it's only on loan and not a 2 1/2 year deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Given we could have lost him next week I am quite happy. And we will see what the new season brings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Can't help but feel a little underwhelmed it's only on loan and not a 2 1/2 year deal
    He obviously (rightly IMO) has aspirations of making it in England.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

gimmick wrote:
    Given we could have lost him next week I am quite happy. And we will see what the new season brings.

Also, given the way he's been playing of late, there was no way Burton were going to get rid of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Wilberto wrote: »
    Also, given the way he's been playing of late, there was no way Burton were going to get rid of him.

Burton no doubt hoping they can make a few pound on him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Going a goal down but coming back to lead at ht before Keohane saw red for a second yellow in 5 mins with 30 to play, we hung on for a very important 3 points. With Europe on the horizon and a few games rescheduled and extra teavelling etc this was a very good 3 points. Especially as Dundalk got another convincing win, the longer we don't drop points, the more sweet their chase to stop us!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Levadia a man down

And city a goal up

Two nil with ten minutes left. Beautiful goal.

• Advertisement

You just don't save those!!

Very good performance. By far the better team. When Seanie ran at them they simply fouled rather than defend, ended up down to 10 as a result. Good day at the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭Worztron

Great result, kudos to all involved. ⚽️ ⚽️

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I think it's fair to say that we know who we'll be facing in the next round should we finish the job at home.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭Worztron

I think it's fair to say that we know who we'll be facing in the next round should we finish the job at home.

Cyprus, here we come. ;-)

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

ya go on who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Larnaca

What kinda money they looking for to get to Cyprus ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Great result. Thought that Cork could have taken the game to them even more in the second half. Great save from McNulty to keep them 1 ahead. Should take a lot of the pressure off for the home leg.

Congrats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Can be done for 350

• Advertisement

Very happy with the win tonight, Seanie hat trick was sweet, great crowd - you can't beat a full stadium!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Anyone know much about the Cyprus crowd?

Edit got info here. They look very strong

http://www.the42.ie/caulfield-refuses-to-look-ahead-aek-larnaca-3477625-Jul2017/?utm_source=shortlink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Theres only two more home games left with Sean Maguire, Pats Sunday and AEK next Thursday. If you were dodgy about going to the Pats game Sunday cause of the hurling make sure you get out next Thursday to see him one last time because he's the best we've ever had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Anyone know much about the Cyprus crowd?

Edit got info here. They look very strong

http://www.the42.ie/caulfield-refuses-to-look-ahead-aek-larnaca-3477625-Jul2017/?utm_source=shortlink

They beat Spartak Moscow over 2 legs last year in the 3rd qualifying round :o

CHealy wrote: »
    Theres only two more home games left with Sean Maguire, Pats Sunday and AEK next Thursday. If you were dodgy about going to the Pats game Sunday cause of the hurling make sure you get out next Thursday to see him one last time because he's the best we've ever had.

I'll deffo be heading down! He's as genuine as they come and bonafide legend after 18 months here! I wish him all the best across the water and hopefully we see him kissing the City Badge again a few more times before he packs his bag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Congrats on winning last night. Now, because of the next round match on Thursday can ye take it easy on Sunday and give us the three points? :D

kksaints wrote: »
    Congrats on winning last night. Now, because of the next round match on Thursday can ye take it easy on Sunday and give us the three points? :D

No. Fûck off :p

gimmick wrote: »
    No. Fûck off :p

Fûck Pats :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Nah Kevin Doyle was a better all round player

• Advertisement

mean gene wrote: »
    Nah Kevin Doyle was a better all round player

Nah, Seanie puts the fear of God into defenders, I would have him ahead of Doyle all day.

Club shop is sold out of shed end adult tickets.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Club shop is sold out of shed end adult tickets.

For European game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Will there be radio commentary of the match tomorrow online anywhere?

For European game?

Yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

What's the craic with the bray away game? I'm gonna be nearby and was planning on going but presumed it would be off cos of the European game, but its still showing as being on......

• Advertisement

.red. wrote: »
    What's the craic with the bray away game? I'm gonna be nearby and was planning on going but presumed it would be off cos of the European game, but its still showing as being on......

Think it's moved to next Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Think it's moved to next Sunday

Typical, I'll be gone Sunday morning. Ah well.

kksaints wrote: »
    Will there be radio commentary of the match tomorrow online anywhere?

Google rebel radio. No actual radio station will do a live feed

Another 3 points in the bag. 2500 approx is a Savage crowd, considering it was a Sunday afternoon, we were playing pats and most of Cork seemed to be in Thurles!!!

Lady Luck was definitely with us yesterday. From my view, Beattie took a dive for the pen. Owen Garvan must have had a similar view on it.

The pitch was absolutely awful yesterday. Worst I have seen it in years. Really should have been sprinklers out before KO and at HT.

We were very poor yesterday and would not have scored from open play if the game went another hour. But who cares? Every win cannot be a swashbuckling affair. It also seemed many of the players didn't get out of first gear. But 12 clear and 2 in hand. Thats alright by me :)

• Advertisement

Agree with that Gimmick, while we completely controlled every aspect of the game, we could still be out there and not have scored another.

I was down the other end but first thing I thought when Beattie went down was that it was a dive and the ref had blown his whistle to card him, I couldnt believe it was given. We'll take it though, these games between European runs are all about getting the results and ticking them off. 7 more wins will see us through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

We were lucky that Pats were so poor. We seemed a bit half-hearted at times. Having said that, on another day we could have had a bagful of goals.

My biggest gripe about the game is that JC continues to put Campion on the pitch :mad: I feel sorry for the bloke to be honest, he looks absolutely bereft of confidence, but how does he manage to get any game time at all? In my opinion he's the worst City player since Guntars Siligalis.

My biggest gripe about the game is that JC continues to put Campion on the pitch :mad: I feel sorry for the bloke to be honest, he looks absolutely bereft of confidence, but how does he manage to get any game time at all? In my opinion he's the worst City player since Guntars Siligalis.

No way is that fair, his hold up and link up play is actually really good and he needs to just bury a chance to bring his confidence back up. He doesnt start and no way is he a replacement for Maguire, but he's handy to bring off the bench to give another option.

The pitch was in awful condition yesterday, it was cut right but played like an astro pitch, did they water it at all before the game.

No way is that fair, his hold up and link up play is actually really good and he needs to just bury a chance to bring his confidence back up. He doesnt start and no way is he a replacement for Maguire, but he's handy to bring off the bench to give another option.

He's far too slow, his first touch is poor, and he currently couldn't hit a barn door from five yards. His body language and facial expressions often show that he knows himself he's playing poorly. I do agree with you that his confidence seems to be very low, but he's been brought on enough times by now that he should have scored many more goals in such an attacking team. How long would you give him?

I don't like criticising any City player, but I do groan inwardly every time Campion is brought on.

He's far too slow, his first touch is poor, and he currently couldn't hit a barn door from five yards. His body language and facial expressions often show that he knows himself he's playing poorly. I do agree with you that his confidence seems to be very low, but he's been brought on enough times by now that he should have scored many more goals in such an attacking team. How long would you give him?

I don't like criticising any City player, but I do groan inwardly every time Campion is brought on.

He setup Beattie in the away leg and brilliantly assisted Maguire for Citys third goal last Thursday night, he cant score for sh1t but lets not pretend he's the worst footballer to ever play for City either. He gets into great positions but his finishing is killing him.

Worst player ever?? Ah here!! He's a player very low on confidence who's obviously working extremely hard as JC wouldn't entertain him if he wasn't and I'm sure as the fixtures pile up he'll get more and more minutes on the pitch.

Just looking at fixtures, its possible we have played our last Friday night home game until Bray on 28/10. Unlikely mind you.

Should we progress against Larnaca, the next round is a week later again, so that postpones Galway.

Should we negotiate the next round, that postpones Sligo on 18/08. That would also mean group stages. As I said, unlikely.

We are due to play Dundalk on 15/09, but that is League cup final weekend. One or both of ourselves and Dundalk will be in that final, so thats another one to be moved.

Derry is already moved to Saturday Oct 7th due to ROI v Moldova on the friday (I have a wedding clash the saturday :mad:).

And there is Bohs to be re arranged.

6 home games left.

He setup Beattie in the away leg and brilliantly assisted Maguire for Citys third goal last Thursday night, he cant score for sh1t but lets not pretend he's the worst footballer to ever play for City either. He gets into great positions but his finishing is killing him.
    Worst player ever?? Ah here!! He's a player very low on confidence who's obviously working extremely hard as JC wouldn't entertain him if he wasn't and I'm sure as the fixtures pile up he'll get more and more minutes on the pitch.

I hope I'm proved wrong about him. I realise he must have something about him or like you say, JC wouldn't give him the time of day, but I'm not convinced yet.

Everyone seems to agree that his confidence is low, but how is this going to improve? If he gets more game time but continues to miss virtually every chance he gets, his confidence will nose-dive even further.

On a much more positive note, I was massively impressed with Conor MacCarthy. He was so composed on the ball and didn't put a foot wrong the whole game. It looked like he'd been playing in the team for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

His facial expressions .....

Johnny C needs to have a word with Achille about his expressions..!!

Thursday night is going to be tough. Hopefully the players were holding a bit back on Sunday for the Larnaca game.

Slightly surprised that City agreed to play Bray away in between the two legs.

Really looking forward to the match tonight. Cant wait!! Full house, summer weather, European opposition and hopefully Seanie will sign off with a few goals!

• Advertisement
Advertisement