Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Great move getting Colin Healy involved in the under age set up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Heading over to England for sister's 50th birthday this weekend. Flying out Friday morning and then back Monday at 10pm. Can't believe I have to miss two matches :mad:

Happy F*ckin' Birthday, Sis :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,116 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Thats a big win. First game without the 2 lads, goal down v the only team to take league points off of us and to come back and win, happy days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,421 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Win Monday night now and even I might start to think it over ;)

You would have expected us to win last night against Bottom of the table, but it was a nice 3 points with 2 more away games to come.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,116 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Disappointing to lose to that lot tonight, thought they did well to get to the last minute of extra time before conceding , especially after playing 90min without Benett .

Great to see Seanie getting a call up to the senior squad. Ridiculous in the extreme that it didn't come sooner but great for him nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭Worztron

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Great to see Seanie getting a call up to the senior squad. Ridiculous in the extreme that it didn't come sooner but great for him nonetheless.

+1

The extreme bias against LOI players is sadly alive and well. I would not be surprised if MON called up Maguire even if he was rotting on the Preston subs bench over banging in goals every week for Cork City.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Delighted for Sadlier on Saturday. Should hopefully be a boost for him. Definitely has the ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

Anyone any idea when the Cork City v Dundalk game will be re-scheduled and anyone any idea of what the potential new date is ?

• Advertisement

Got what we deserved tonight.

Totally toothless up front, not his fault as he's not related to a striker but was still told to play there.

Got what we deserved tonight.

Totally toothless up front, not his fault as he's not related to a striker but was still told to play there.
    Couldn't go last night and seen the team.who started cf?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Couldn't go last night and seen the team.who started cf?

Jimmy Keohane.

Yes. You did read that right.

We might win the league with a whimper.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Worztron wrote: »
    We might win the league with a whimper.

I think that's exactly what we'll do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Tonight is very important. You would have to hope that its impossible to play as unbelievably badly as Friday. Friday was rudderless and not a single player can feel ok with how he performed.

A win tonight, any win, and the ship is settled. Just 2 wins then. I am guessing the Dundalk game will be re fixed for Oct 1st or 2nd. We will win it then :)

You know if we don't win this tonight you kinda start get a little nervous. All of sudden the games coming don't seem certain 3 pointers.

Win tonight though and it's all good and I expect us to do that after Friday, was not at it but judging by reaction here it was worse then Bohs.

You know if we don't win this tonight you kinda start get a little nervous. All of sudden the games coming don't seem certain 3 pointers.

Win tonight though and it's all good and I expect us to do that after Friday, was not at it but judging by reaction here it was worse then Bohs.

It was horrifically bad. Keohane playing as a striker/false 9. I like him, but my god he didn't know what he was doing. Those around him didn't know either. Unsure whether to lump it or play it short.

I hope he is given a run in place of Garry Buckley.

I also hope that our best midfielder of the season doesn't start at right full ever again.

Friday was as bizarre as it was infuriating.

An early goal tonight is vital. If we fall behind we will lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

bot43 wrote: »
    It was horrifically bad. Keohane playing as a striker/false 9. I like him, but my god he didn't know what he was doing. Those around him didn't know either. Unsure whether to lump it or play it short.

I hope he is given a run in place of Garry Buckley.

I also hope that our best midfielder of the season doesn't start at right full ever again.

Friday was as bizarre as it was infuriating.

Never truer words spoken, Buckley must be holding JC to ransom at this stage, he's been poor for a couple of months now but starts every game.

We have one of the best CM's in the league and he's being played RB and CB most of the season, McCormack wont stick around for next season if it continues.

CHealy wrote: »
    Never truer words spoken, Buckley must be holding JC to ransom at this stage, he's been poor for a couple of months now but starts every game.

We have one of the best CM's in the league and he's being played RB and CB most of the season, McCormack wont stick around for next season if it continues.
    Dalk want him badly for next season

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Dalk want him badly for next season

Id be more worried about half the league going the Kilduff >>> USA route going on rumours Iv heard.

Big 3 points!

Much improved, which of course would not have been hard.
    Thought Sadlier was very good and McCormick simply HAS to play in midfield.

Buckley with the goal and Buckley with the miss of the season in 92min, typical of him.

Very happy with that!!

Great to be back winning. Since Maguire left we've been scraping our wins though.

Worztron wrote: »
    Great to be back winning. Since Maguire left we've been scraping our wins though.

Scrape a win v 'that crowd' and then batter the shíte out of Dundalk at home to win the league :D

Scrape a win v 'that crowd' and then batter the sh out of Dundalk at home to win the league :D

That would be poetic alright. :)

If not, then an almighty away crowd for the Limerick game is guaranteed!!

If not, then an almighty away crowd for the Limerick game is guaranteed!!

I've a wedding that night! When the fixtures came me n the buddy said were 100% going to limerick away and as luck has it we've a wedding

I think it was relief more than anything to get the three points last night and it was a far better performance than the one v Sligo on Friday. Its a matter of where and when now, wouldnt mind doing it in Limerick.

CHealy wrote: »
    I think it was relief more than anything to get the three points last night and it was a far better performance than the one v Sligo on Friday. Its a matter of where and when now, wouldnt mind doing it in Limerick.

That would be a mighty session but the question is....... do they have a fountain in limerick to dance in???

• Advertisement

With a 6pm KO we would be in the fountain by 11pm.

Tickets will be an almighty scramble as Id say we will be given 400-500 max.

It usually goes Foras members - Season ticket holders - general.

I am foras and ST so would be confident enough.

Advertisement