Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Told you. :P Clearly they gave us the easier tie as they were afraid we wouldn't get past Rovers either! :pac:

That said, we'll probably struggle against Limerick anyway! :(:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,915 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

We'll get over limerick but the final , I wouldn't be too hopeful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,915 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Limerick started well, we gifted them the first but it was excellently finished. The second was very well taken while our best player showed that white men can jump when he got us back into it.
    After that we huffed and puffed and took off the player who was moving the ball for us and tg4 at was that was that.

I am fully expecting Dundalk to beat us on Monday, I can't see us beating them given the contrasting league form.

' it was great to show John Caulfield what they are missing tonight....' gggrrrrrrrrrrrr

See you Friday fella!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Dundalk win on Monday and there'll be 8 points in it - 7 given they'll have a better goal difference. Epic collapse to be honest.

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Dundalk win on Monday and there'll be 8 points in it - 7 given they'll have a better goal difference. Epic collapse to be honest.

8 points is 8 points. Goal difference doesn't matter. If Dundalk make up 7 more points on us....we still win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

The whole collapse can't be put purely down to one or two players leaving.

What will the board say to JC in the close season though.

19 points clear and unbeaten at one point and now barely able to score let alone win.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,642 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Corks collapse is even worse than ours (Derry).

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Unless the frauds of players show some bollocks and put in a proper performance Monday we won’t win the league. Even if we do there should be no triumphalism from any of them. To a man they have been a disgrace since Maguire left. And not a single one of them deserves a medal.

And the manager must walk away at the end of the season. His absolute arrogance in not signing any sort of striker in July is haunting us.

Can we feel it slip away?

NIMAN wrote: »
    Corks collapse is even worse than ours (Derry).

You'd be on the ball there (pardon the pun).

As I said on twitter last night, it looks like Cork will win the title with a whimper rather than a bang.

They've had nothing to be proud of since July.

Ultimately the responsibility has to stop with Caulfield.

Yes he'll bring them a title and on paper it will look good, but will be overshadowed by a disastrous second half of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I've been saying it to myself with years but Sheppard is woeful, Maguire did wonders for him it seems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    ' it was great to show John Caulfield what they are missing tonight....' gggrrrrrrrrrrrr

See you Friday fella!!

He’s right tho.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    He’s right tho.

I saw a player trying to prove a point......doing most of his step overs etc 40 yards from goal. I saw city players dive in on him time and time again and give away frees. Has he played better than that this year? How many goals has he? Haven't read much about his fantastic exploits.

Showing the need to say it in an interview to me shows me the kind of fella he is. I'm confident he won't make as big a name for himself as he or his dad thinks. One swallow....Time will tell.

This is how I see the run in
    H v Dundalk loss
    H v limerick win
    H v Derry win
    A v bohs loss
    A v pats draw
    H v Bray win
    And of course win the final on pens v Rovers, McNulty the hero :D

I expect to win the league v pats...hopefully.
    Dundalk have bohs and Bray at home while they have Galway and harps away. I doubt they will win all 4 but they certainly could, Galway game the trickiest I think. I would love for it Not to go down to the last game!

I saw a player trying to prove a point......doing most of his step overs etc 40 yards from goal. I saw city players dive in on him time and time again and give away frees. Has he played better than that this year? How many goals has he? Haven't read much about his fantastic exploits.

Showing the need to say it in an interview to me shows me the kind of fella he is. I'm confident he won't make as big a name for himself as he or his dad thinks. One swallow....Time will tell.

This is how I see the run in
    H v Dundalk loss
    H v limerick win
    H v Derry win
    A v bohs loss
    A v pats draw
    H v Bray win
    And of course win the final on pens v Rovers, McNulty the hero :D

I expect to win the league v pats...hopefully.
    Dundalk have bohs and Bray at home while they have Galway and harps away. I doubt they will win all 4 but they certainly could, Galway game the trickiest I think. I would love for it Not to go down to the last game!
    After last night's performance :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I said going into the Sligo and Finn Harps games that if we somehow scraped 3 points at least then we'll win the league, and I still stand by that.

It could well come down to the last match at home to Bray though, which is an embarrassment in itself.

After last night's performance :confused:

We gifted them the first and it still took a great finish, second was a well taken free kick. We should have got something out of that game. If Bolger stated on I think we would have.
    At home, cup semi, I expect us to win. Limerick played better last night than they probably have all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

bot43 wrote: »
    Unless the frauds of players show some bollocks and put in a proper performance Monday we won’t win the league. Even if we do there should be no triumphalism from any of them. To a man they have been a disgrace since Maguire left. And not a single one of them deserves a medal.

And the manager must walk away at the end of the season. His absolute arrogance in not signing any sort of striker in July is haunting us.

Can we feel it slip away?

Utter tripe the league will be well won by this team and it will be deserved. There's not a group of fans anywhere that wouldn't want to be in the position we are in now. The hard work was done early on and each and every one of the players deserves that medal. Limerick got lucky with 2 soft goals and on another night Ogbene would have been sent off. We left our shooting boots at home and Limerick took advantage of slack play at the back.

Sean Maguire put us in the good position we are in. The rest have put us in the position where we have lost 4 of our last 7.

If we win tonight its a different story. We will have won the league. if we get beaten again and we fall over the line (or worse), the narrative forever will be about how we are a one man team.

That said - all negativit aside for tonight. The team need us to get behind them and on the refs back from the get go. Dundalk are great side on a good run. Lets help halt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭Worztron

We will win the league but CCFC are like a marathon runner that was way ahead for most of the race, then crawls on their hands and knees the last part of the race to scrape a victory. Hardly inspiring for next season.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Just a few minutes from wrapping up the title and bang - not to be. We realistically need 2 points from the last 4 games.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement

Before the game, I was confident we would lose.
    Before the game I would have been delighted with the draw.
    Before the game I didn't even think of us winning.

Ht, playing very well, better than the last 2 months, still thought they would come back.
    10 to go, still thought they would come back.
    Ft ...typical!

Having calmed down, delighted with the draw, would have been great to win but we are destined to win the league the hard drawn out way, but it Will be worth it when we get there.

Now, bring on Limerick and hopefully our third trip in a row to the Aviva!

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Zico !

Was at the game we played excellent unlucky with the goal

Where has that performance been for the last 2 months. To a man i thought we were excellent last night. Garry Buckley had the performance of his career. McCormack was back to his snapping, tough bastardy self. Shepard did trojan work up top. cannot fault any of them.

Felt the equaliser was coming, but FFS we were almost tasting the celebration drinks.

Now, lets get revenge for Friday now against Limerick, tie it up against Bohs in 2 weeks and a celebration Monday 16th. It would be nice to have the league won and the final 3 games are mere kickabouts before the cup final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

bot43 wrote: »
    Where has that performance been for the last 2 months. To a man i thought we were excellent last night. Garry Buckley had the performance of his career. McCormack was back to his snapping, tough bastardy self. Shepard did trojan work up top. cannot fault any of them.

Felt the equaliser was coming, but FFS we were almost tasting the celebration drinks.

Now, lets get revenge for Friday now against Limerick, tie it up against Bohs in 2 weeks and a celebration Monday 16th. It would be nice to have the league won and the final 3 games are mere kickabouts before the cup final.

Side looked very balanced tonight. Huge games form Dooley, Shep Mc Cormack and most of the others. Keohane should have scored but he has missed from similar positions before next year he could be a very big player for us if he can sort out his shooting. It will be interesting to see if Sadlier comes back in on Friday and what effect this will have on the balance of the team.

Into another cup final we go!!
    Not our best performance, looked a bit leggy in the second half in particular.
    Limerick were bang average I thought. Never reached the same levels as last week. Never thought they would.

Strange decision by Limerick not to start that Ogbene fella......:pac::pac:

ShamoBuc wrote:
    Strange decision by Limerick not to start that Ogbene fella......

Buuuurrrrrnn!! :pac: :pac:

That chance at the end from the corner. Thought it was in.

Great performance given how mentally and physically demanding monday was.

2 weeks off again now. Hopefully job will be finished in Phibsboro

Yet another Ex City player playing for Ireland.....take a bow Seanie bai !!

Yet another Ex City player playing for Ireland.....take a bow Seanie bai !!

I'm delighted for him. Shame he got so little time though. Here's to many more caps in the coming years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Worztron wrote: »
    I'm delighted for him. Shame he got so little time though. Here's to many more caps in the coming years.

Here’s to Seanis transfer and city landing a pay day!!!

No it’s great to see him make his bow on the pitch where he scored his biggest goal in a city jersey!!

Advertisement