Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Youse and us again lads. Always a pleasure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,915 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

joeysoap wrote: »
    Youse and us again lads. Always a pleasure.

Thought it would be. Expecting a close, boring game with very few chances until we nick it at the very end of et.... wait....no ....that was last year :pac:

Seriously though, both sets of supporters can have drinks in the D4 hotel before the match, if I remember last year there was even 'entertainment' of sorts outside. Cork and Dundalk supporters in their colours standing beside each other. No problems. And that's the way it should be.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,915 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

True. Having been at the last 2 I'm gutted I'll be away for this one. Coukd be an extra special day with our ladies on before us.

I just got out of jail myself, booked a holiday for that week, but the flights were cheaper on 4th for return, cheapskate that I am I booked return on 4th.

There is a God.

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    True. Having been at the last 2 I'm gutted I'll be away for this one. Coukd be an extra special day with our ladies on before us.

That should draw in a few of your supporters to cheer the ladies on. Think it was Shels and Wexford in the last 2 years?

I'm away now, won't butt in on your forum again until you collect the league :)

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Missed last year. Was there in 2015.

Not sure should I go this year. Ill be blamed if we lose.

Re City fand and Dundalk fans. Off the pitch it seems a friendly enough rivalry. On the pitch it is far from it. There is genuine needle between certain players.

Sure didnt Paddy Barrett get bombed out of Dundalk for posting a selfie on instagram of himself and Sean Maguire on holidays in June!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

bot43 wrote: »
    Re City fand and Dundalk fans. Off the pitch it seems a friendly enough rivalry. On the pitch it is far from it. There is genuine needle between certain players.

Sure didnt Paddy Barrett get bombed out of Dundalk for posting a selfie on instagram of himself and Sean Maguire on holidays in June!!

Id call it a sporting rivalry, both teams fighting it out at the top for the last 4 years will cause tension between players and fans but for me personally, Dundalk is just too far away to have any meaningful hatred of them. If Dundalk were to fall off to mid table in the next few years I wouldnt give them a second thought, Id imagine its the same for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

CHealy wrote: »
    Id call it a sporting rivalry, both teams fighting it out at the top for the last 4 years will cause tension between players and fans but for me personally, Dundalk is just too far away to have any meaningful hatred of them. If Dundalk were to fall off to mid table in the next few years I wouldnt give them a second thought, Id imagine its the same for them.

Bar the few clowns throwing golf balls up in oriel a few years back ha ha!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Bar the few clowns throwing golf balls up in oriel a few years back ha ha!

Seems to be a common trend up that end of the country, Iv had golf balls thrown at me in Portadown on a Setanta Cup trip (we won 7-0) and a buddy of mine got ran at by a fella with a pitching wedge before in Drogheda. They love their golf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Dundalk stand a really good chance of stealing the league now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Ah come on now! They had their chance, but lost it when they failed to beat us at the Cross.

We'll get the point we need.......eventually! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

To Monday we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭kksaints

Lads please win the league on Monday and then go on the lash with the players for the next week. Forget all about the match on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Not really. City need 1 point from their last 3 games. Wouldn't say Dundalk have a really good chance.

Really good.....really good.........REALLY :pac:

I fully expect the title to come our way Monday night.

It would take a hurricane to stop that happening........

Really good.....really good.........REALLY :pac:

I fully expect the title to come our way Monday night.

It would take a hurricane to stop that happening........

The meltdown in recent times means it’s still possible that hurricane might come along.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Tom44

Who's playing ?

My life won't change either way :)

Not a single chance created again last night.

Bolger,Dooley and Shep were a disgrace.

bot43 wrote: »
    Not a single chance created again last night.

Bolger,Dooley and Shep were a disgrace.

Harsh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

The meltdown in recent times means it’s still possible that hurricane might come along.

Hope so up in dalymout last night,dire second half,no subs again, except for campiion 4 minutes, great chances in the 1st half

Hope so up in dalymout last night,dire second half,no subs again, except for campiion 4 minutes, great chances in the 1st half

McCarthy came on with over 25 to go for Sadlier.

Can't say i've taken much interest in LOI soccer in recent times, but after the 22 match unbeaten run i started to again, the performances since Seani left are nothing short of brutal.

I'm an ex referee myself at local level and many a day i seen a better performance at schoolboy level than i did at dalymount last night.

Harsh.

But true.

I'm an ex referee myself at local level and many a day i seen a better performance at schoolboy level than i did at dalymount last night.

True, Bohs were poor enough :)

True, Bohs were poor enough :)

JC and crew can do no wrong???

Can't say i've taken much interest in LOI soccer in recent times, but after the 22 match unbeaten run i started to again, the performances since Seani left are nothing short of brutal.

Go back to the ref-ing bud, your mind is already made up about LOI football. We dont need people like you jumping on when the times are good to come on and tell us how crap we are when times are bad. You havnt a clue what its like to support a team week in week out year after year.

CHealy wrote: »
    Go back to the ref-ing bud, your mind is already made up about LOI football. We dont need people like you jumping on when the times are good to come on and tell us how crap we are when times are bad. You havnt a clue what its like to support a team week in week out year after year.

I retired from refereeing 10 years ago due to injury,a return is out of the question sadly as much as i would have liked to carry on.

My mind isn't 'made up about LOI football' I do keep an eye on what is going on with them but i admit i am not a die hard fan, i'm not die hard any sport tbh, but i would consider myself to be a fan of some sort.

In relation to not having a clue is unfair, i never have nor would i say anything like that about you or any other user.

For what it's worth, a cousin of mine is a former Cork City FC player.

Also i spent 2 seasons on the gate of Turners Cross and was a steward many many times.

In a previous employment i was also a coach driver for the family enclosure to away games.

John Kennedy would be somebody i would know very very well spanning 25 years.

If you asked John about me,and i won't reveal my real name, he would have nothing but nice things to say about me.

The late Terry Barrett R.I.P was actually the one who brought me into the Cork City fold all those years ago.

JC and crew can do no wrong???

They can of course, but I will leave it up to the likes of you to Always point put the negative slant on things.

If we win, I feel you are the kind of person that will point out something like ......Dundalk won by more last year and that we have no chance of retaining our title.
    You cant help it, its your nature.
    But that's ok, we understand ;)

• Advertisement

They can of course, but I will leave it up to the likes of you to Always point put the negative slant on things.

If we win, I feel you are the kind of person that will point out something like ......Dundalk won by more last year and that we have no chance of retaining our title.
    You cant help it, its your nature.
    But that's ok, we understand
    ;)

:rolleyes:

Advertisement