Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Looking at the forecast we may have to wait a little longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Yeah gotta assume they will cancel the match if the forecast stays as it is now...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,915 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Looking at the forecast we may have to wait a little longer.
    ShamoBuc wrote: »

I fully expect the title to come our way Monday night.

It would take a hurricane to stop that happening........

Yep

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,915 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Correct decision to postpone the game 24 hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    McCarthy came on with over 25 to go for Sadlier.

Know,but needed a strong forward eh campion, bustler etc,MC c didn't do anything

• Advertisement

A stand damaged in the storm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Incase anyone hasn’t seen it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Match going ahead tomorrow with Derrynane Stand closed. Should only reduce attendance by 1000 or so

Not many tickets left, get there early!

I predict 1-1 hopefully

Just saw a pic, about 40% of the derrynane roof taken down fully, great work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭kksaints

Congratulations on winning the league. Now for the session. Ye can ignore the match on Friday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭Worztron

Well done lads! CCFC league champs again. The 12 year wait is over.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Congratulations lads, well done. 61 points out of 63 was phonominal.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Zico !

Sign 2 strikers Johnny

A whimper rather than a bang but the big smile says it doesn't matter

kksaints wrote: »
    Congratulations on winning the league. Now for the session. Ye can ignore the match on Friday night.

THE players are in SoHo celebrating currently you’ll be glad to know but only have a light gym recovery session tomorow

GTFI :D

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Fell out of Soho at 1am. A shell of a man at my desk at work. But the smile wont go away :)

bot43 wrote: »
    Fell out of Soho at 1am. A shell of a man at my desk at work. But the smile wont go away :)

Seen lots of snapchats! Looked mental! Met Shep and Conor Mac while ago and go to say they were shook would be an understatement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

I hope the players don't go overboard with the celebrations because I think it's important to go into the cup final on a winning run.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Players are getting 52 week contracts from December.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/cork-city-offer-52-week-11373328

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭nlrkjos

I hope that is well thought out, i don't doubt that it is, but over the last 40 yrs I've seen too many "Cork City's" go down the tubes because of money. I love my club but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves.And before you take my head off...I buy my season ticket,my jersey some stuff from club shop and support as much as I can afford, I just don't want it wasted. I stayed in the TCT and just got langers after the game. Good result for Pats tonight, now back to winning before the cup final.

Wonder how that works in practice. A few years back they were on 52 week contracts but requested it to receive the same annual wage over 40 weeks so they could get the dole for the other 3 months.

I presume they're all getting pay rises so to compensate that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

nlrkjos wrote: »
    I hope that is well thought out, i don't doubt that it is, but over the last 40 yrs I've seen too many "Cork City's" go down the tubes because of money. I love my club but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves.And before you take my head off...I buy my season ticket,my jersey some stuff from club shop and support as much as I can afford, I just don't want it wasted. I stayed in the TCT and just got langers after the game. Good result for Pats tonight, now back to winning before the cup final.

Why would I be taking your head off :confused:?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Wonder how that works in practice. A few years back they were on 52 week contracts but requested it to receive the same annual wage over 40 weeks so they could get the dole for the other 3 months.

Why would they do that :confused:? surely being on a 52 week contract is better than being on the dole.

Shedite27 wrote: »

I presume they're all getting pay rises so to compensate that.

Yes they’ll get an additional 3 months pay a year now. JC wants to continue training all winter etc. it’s better for lads also to get morgates and things with 12 months of pay rather then 9 and even 2/3 year long deals

Why would they do that :confused:? surely being on a 52 week contract is better than being on the dole.

Not necessarily. If on 52k previously for 9 months, you could supplement your income by getting the dole for 3 months, whereas now you would be on 1k a week and not be entitled to dole. It's an advantage of a steady income all year round and for mortgages, bank loan applications.
    You would imagine their contracts will actually go up though, maybe but not necessarily 3 extra months wages, 30k for 9 months will not automatically become 40k for 12.
    I reckon somewhere in between will suit all concerned.

It must also be disconcerting to play in front of thousands....win the league....possibly do the double.....and then go straight in and sign on the dole for a few months!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭nlrkjos

Why would I be taking your head off :confused:?

Just for the craic like.....na, city fans tend to be very passionate about anything the club does and will not accept criticism of any kind. I'm not criticizing, just a wee bit worried about where we are going as a club.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

running a mini bus to the game, 5 seats left , hope to leave cork at 10, dublin at 6.15

Morrissey signed up for 2 years, happy with that.

Sounds like the vultures are coming for the squad. Who'll be left next year :confused:
    SunSport revealed last month that Dundalk had targeted Karl Sheppard and we reported a fortnight ago that they were confident they have got their man.

Previously, we reported that Shamrock Rovers were hopeful of landing Steven Beattie, with Greg Bolger expected to join Waterford. Rovers have since tabled a counter offer to Bolger and may complete a double swoop.

Alan Bennett, 36, wants to play on for another year but centre-half partner Ryan Delaney is due to return to Burton Albion when his loan expires.

McCormack — who previously had stints with Manchester United and Triestina in Italy — has been linked with a return abroad with Dooley being tipped to move closer to his native Coleraine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

I would be prepared to wager with anyone that McCormack is staying.

The others - Bolger of 2017 was very poor, so no loss.

Beattie is out of the team more than in. I like him though and would be sad to see him go.

Shepard - Ive heard what Dundalk are offering him. I would be very annoyed if CCFC matched that as he is not worth it. Shep was great when Maguire was leading the line. he has been extremely poor since, Dundalk game aside. That said, Id prefer he stay on a reasonable wage.

Dooley - Unless we are playing Dundalk, Dooley doesn't impress. Wouldn't be too sad to see him go either.

Advertisement