Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone recommend a Shipping/Moving company

Options
  • 21-03-2012 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭

Alright, so I'm moving to Essex from Dublin. Chelmsford to be exact, and was wondering if anyone could mention or recommend a couple of moving companies to get my stuff over there.

I dont drive so that might be out of the question unless I can wrangle one of my mates into driving me over and down there which is highly unlikely.

Basically, I'll be loking to ship over my TV (32"), my (rather large PC) with monitor. Playstation 3. Almost all my clothes which would probably work out around 3 suitcases (or so) and a (possibly) large selection of DVD/games etc.

Anyone know what ballpark figure I'd be looking at? The shipping time wouldn't really bother me so waiting a month instead of a week is do-able if it means the price is dropped.
    Any input/suggestions would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭simply simple

Hi,
    I was looking for the same information. Looking that you asked the question 2 years ago would you mind providing some insight on the same. How did you do it. what shipping company did you use and how much did it cost you? I wont be having any furniture with us, just kitchen appliances, clothes, soft toys+some toys etc. Moving to Yorkshire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

This is a blast from the past. I eventually went with Irish Removals. They are quite a small company, I think, and were great to deal with all in all. They charged me €180 to ship 1.4 cubic metres of stuff for me over to Chelmsford, Essex. They only ship stuff up in allotments of that size.

They picked it up from me on the Friday, I think, and then it arrived in Essex on the Monady or Tuesday. All safe and sound and accounted for. Helped me bring it up to my first floor apartment too. Nice bunch of lads and a pleasure to deal with. They're a small company so they have that friendly approach.
    Here's a photo of all the stuff I shipped over. There's a BIG hold all bag on the floor to the right in case you dont notice it.
    IMG_20120330_235400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭simply simple

Thank you so much for getting back with all the information. will surely contact them for my shifting and get a quote from them.
    Hope you have settled well in UK :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Careline were great for me. A couple of years ago now but they did great part-load rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

We used careline as well, they were very good. I collected boxes from their office in park west. I brought them up to Bangor to pack up the missus's stuff. They collected from there on the Friday iirc. We came back down to Dublin, packed my life into the car and drove over the Sunday morning. The careline truck arrived the Monday and the guys insisted on helping me get the stuff up to the horrible 7th floor flat we used to live in. I can't remember the price but it would be unlike me not to shop around so I can only assume they were reasonable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement