Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I ordered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I'll knock the Griffin off the want list so

I just bought it back to where I bought it, ESI, and they replaced it and set up a new one for me. Grub screws are ok so i'll give it a whirl tonight.

I also picked up some FA flavours, Catalan Cream and Cocoa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Hi
    Looking to put through my first vaping order going with bestshop from reading threads. For a newbie I'm looking at 30w eleaf I stick full kit and aspire nautilus mini. Do I need anything else to start vaping? Picked dippy dawg and bang liquid to have a try with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Keith C wrote: »
    Hi
    Looking to put through my first vaping order going with bestshop from reading threads. For a newbie I'm looking at 30w eleaf I stick full kit and aspire nautilus mini. Do I need anything else to start vaping? Picked dippy dawg and bang liquid to have a try with.

Not really, once you have your mod/battery, a tank that runs nicely with it, fresh coils and juice, you're good to go. Make sure to prime your coils, [drop some juice onto the juice holes in the coil, and a little inside down the sides so it'll run down to the cotton wick] and for the Nautilus you want to be in around 10 - 15w I found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I just bought it back to where I bought it, ESI, and they replaced it and set up a new one for me. Grub screws are ok so i'll give it a whirl tonight.

There is a spare set in the box too, although not too much use if you can't get the original out.

I've never had issues with the grubs on it, but I'm always fairly cautious due to past experiences.

Good service out of ESI, I know they've had a bit of stick about prices on occasion. Customer service means a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

Hi

Excellent! However, for an extra few quid you could get an iStick 60wTC and a 18650 battery which is dead easy to use and will be more versatile for the future should you want to try sub-ohm or temperature control.
    You can also get spare batteries, so no desperately looking for chargers - simply pop in the spare, and you can also tart it up with different colours.....

Personally I don't like metal drip tips, so I get the acrylic ones. Thebestshop have a good selection of them.

Spare coils!

There is a discount code for 10% off in the stickies above.

• Advertisement

Anyone know how Gearbest are for shipping lately?

I'm getting irritated with the Irish vendor and they're swing-about prices. Was eyeing up an AIO, as a stealhty out and about device. The sites that have them at the right price, €22, are out of stock. While other sites range from €24 to €34!?? wtf ... I know which sites I will never buy from based on crap like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

j26m wrote: »
    Excellent! However, for an extra few quid you could get an iStick 60wTC and a 18650 battery which is dead easy to use and will be more versatile for the future should you want to try sub-ohm or temperature control.
    You can also get spare batteries, so no desperately looking for chargers - simply pop in the spare, and you can also tart it up with different colours.....

Personally I don't like metal drip tips, so I get the acrylic ones. Thebestshop have a good selection of them.

Spare coils!

There is a discount code for 10% off in the stickies above.

Thanks for the reply. Getting used to all the terminology! Which coils do I need? Thanks for the advice btw

Thanks for the reply. Getting used to all the terminology! Which coils do I need? Thanks for the advice btw

I don't use a Nautilus, so I'm not sure, but I think it's Aspire BVC.

You should get a couple of coils with the tank to begin with. A 1.6 and 1.8 ohm. You can go slightly higher wattage with the 1.6 ohm [10 - 14w or thereabouts, I found I could push them a little higher - on the 1.8 ohm stay around 10-11w] See which you prefer and then order a pack of those later. Each coil should last you a few weeks. They should be BVC dual coils.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

These should do the job for you when you need them.
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/clearomizers/469-aspire-nautilus-bvc-replacement-coil-head.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Well I placed an order and it was shipped out on the 30 March, arrived today so
    12 days for me. Not too bad.

Posted 18th April and arrived today,not too bad was kinda expecting it this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

macker33 wrote: »
    Wow, too late now i've already bought it.
    Every review i've seen the reviewer raved on about how good it was.

Dodgy screws aside, this thing is fantastic. Incredible vape off it. Really easy to build and i've had zero leaking or flooding. Super smooth. Perfect match for a stainless steel cuboid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Friend of mine placed the order yesterday ( Aeromamizer RDTA) from EU warehouse ,shipped today, hopefully get it delivered this week .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

jno547 wrote: »
    Posted 18th April and arrived today,not too bad was kinda expecting it this week.

Almost a year for shipping/delivery? Doesn't sound too good to me ;)

Hmmm old age and bad moods does effect the sense of time, March it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

I'll knock the Griffin off the want list so

That could be a mistake, seemed to me that the people complaining about it just didnt like grub screws, i like grubscrews and its got a velocity style deck.

At the end of the day rtas arent that good anyway, i'm just getting it to give rtas a last chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

I'd second what he said about getting an 18650 mod, its an altogether better way to do things.
    Try a ceramic drip tip.

macker33 wrote: »
    That could be a mistake, seemed to me that the people complaining about it just didnt like grub screws, i like grubscrews and its got a velocity style deck.

At the end of the day rtas arent that good anyway, i'm just getting it to give rtas a last chance.

I don't mind grub screws, got 2 velocity attys so well used to them. I do like the idea of a velocity deck in an RTA. I have the Bellus atm and find it too tight to install anything other than your very basic 28g dual coils. You can get 26 in there, but I've had it short a few times because the coils touch the walls so easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Screws for the Griffin:

https://www.fasttech.com/p/3981606

2.5x3mm seem to be what's recommended.

I might pick up the $13 clone on FT given the hoopla on this RTA (and spare screws).

@Cagey I build 26g 3mm .5ohm on the Bellus no problem. I pull the coils right in toward the posts as tight as I can while tightening the screws, I don't know maybe this will help. I nearly gave up on the Bellus after I first got it but after giving up on top fill and just filling from the bottom I now really enjoy the vape of it.

• Advertisement

8mm wrote: »

@Cagey I build 26g 3mm .5ohm on the Bellus no problem. I pull the coils right in toward the posts as tight as I can while tightening the screws, I don't know maybe this will help. I nearly gave up on the Bellus after I first got it but after giving up on top fill and just filling from the bottom I now really enjoy the vape of it.

That's the thing, when I do get it right, the vape is good, great flavour and nice smooth draw, not too airy or tight. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I try what you suggest there, I build in close, and then pull them back a tad when tightened up. I make sure there's room all around, and the cap goes on with no struggle, meaning they fit in nicely. After a little while the ohms start bumping up and down, I'll start at 0.4/5 and after a few hours it'll read 0.8! I'll open up, check everything, put it back together, and then it's telling me no atty grrrr ... it's probably something simple I'm over looking. Or I'm stuffing too much cotton in and it's squeezing the coils back in to the posts?

That's the thing, when I do get it right, the vape is good, great flavour and nice smooth draw, not too airy or tight. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I try what you suggest there, I build in close, and then pull them back a tad when tightened up. I make sure there's room all around, and the cap goes on with no struggle, meaning they fit in nicely. After a little while the ohms start bumping up and down, I'll start at 0.4/5 and after a few hours it'll read 0.8! I'll open up, check everything, put it back together, and then it's telling me no atty grrrr ... it's probably something simple I'm over looking. Or I'm stuffing too much cotton in and it's squeezing the coils back in to the posts?

If your after a good velocity style rta, try the OBS Crius,been using it for a couple of days now and it's very good. Needs a little care with the wicking but works very well.

jno547 wrote: »
    If your after a good velocity style rta, try the OBS Crius,been using it for a couple of days now and it's very good. Needs a little care with the wicking but works very well.

Have one of these too. That deck is great and huge too - and then there is the tiny little wells for the wicks, got to be careful with those and make sure the cotton isn't stuffed in tight.

It can "weep" a little from the seam above the airflow control but it's not particularly bad. The topfill works great and the juice flow control can be shut off for travel.

It feels more airy then the Bellus and I'm not sure but I may like airflow on the Bellus more. Flavour is good of it.

Spanner in the works on that front :/ my Evic mini TC is falling apart a bit, and the battery cap on my knackered old IPVmini2 is acting up too. One of the magnets on the Evic came off, and in my distracted state earlier I superglued it in ... the wrong way, lol! The mod works fine, but I now have a battery door that half repels, so won't close. That's the second magnet that's come loose, last time it was the bottom one and I managed to glue that one back right way in.

Looking for something along the lines of the evic, neat, but powerful enough. I rarely do over 60-70w so I doubt I'll need any 100w devices for a long time.

Off scouting I go

Went ahead and ordered the Pico kit yesterday. Watched too many vid reviews on cuboids/Pico/a million other wee box mods, head was getting frizzled so just clicked checkout on that one :D

Also thought I'd try some bacon cotton, and topped up my Bavarian cream concentrate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Went ahead and ordered the Pico kit yesterday. Watched too many vid reviews on cuboids/Pico/a million other wee box mods, head was getting frizzled so just clicked checkout on that one :D

Also thought I'd try some bacon cotton, and topped up my Bavarian cream concentrate

Bacon cotton is great stuff. Loads in the pouch you get.

A Cubis tank :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Deag4

Spanner in the works on that front :/ my Evic mini TC is falling apart a bit, and the battery cap on my knackered old IPVmini2 is acting up too. One of the magnets on the Evic came off, and in my distracted state earlier I superglued it in ... the wrong way, lol! The mod works fine, but I now have a battery door that half repels, so won't close. That's the second magnet that's come loose, last time it was the bottom one and I managed to glue that one back right way in.

Same with my evic.both magnets gone . Great little device but the magnets are annoying

Deag4 wrote: »
    Same with my evic.both magnets gone . Great little device but the magnets are annoying

I managed to unglue it, and glued it back in the right way :D But they really shouldn't come off that easily. It's never been dropped or abused in any way.

My old IPVmini2 on the other hand, has been through the wars. Most of it's original black paint is gone, Was thinking on sanding it all off and gicing it a brushed steel type look. but not unless I can get it to behave! I think the pin is loose in there or something.

Looking forward to trying the little Pico, think I'll use that as my main tank mod and the Evic for atties. Was using the Evic mostly for tanks and the IPV for the velocity.

I'm in the middle of ordering yet more flavour concentrates here ... this is worse than buying premium juices! :D I want them all!

• Advertisement

My old IPVmini2 on the other hand, has been through the wars. Most of it's original black paint is gone, Was thinking on sanding it all off and gicing it a brushed steel type look. but not unless I can get it to behave! I think the pin is loose in there or something.

The IPV with the bad paint job (I've got one too, actually a used one off the ex-Dr.B). It is made from a cheap metal alloy that oxidises real easy. I had the same idea of sanding and brushing which I started but it still looked bad. I ended up using a can of spray paint on it but that too is now slowly coming off. Just as well I have a black silicone cover over it so it's not so bad really.
    I'm in the middle of ordering yet more flavour concentrates here ... this is worse than buying premium juices! :D I want them all!

So much THIS.

But the wise can make a vape budget go very far indeed.

Advertisement