Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I ordered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

Anybody know where to get notch coils? would love to have a look see

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

8mm wrote: »
    The IPV with the bad paint job (I've got one too, actually a used one off the ex-Dr.B). It is made from a cheap metal alloy that oxidises real easy. I had the same idea of sanding and brushing which I started but it still looked bad. I ended up using a can of spray paint on it but that too is now slowly coming off. Just as well I have a black silicone cover over it so it's not so bad really.

So much THIS.

But the wise can make a vape budget go very far indeed.

I have a silicon cover, 2 in fact, but found after a while you had to keep removing it to clean up any leaked juice. I think that actually added to the paint peeling.

You saved me the bother of sanding there at least :D I'll just see can I fix it's issues and use it as back up to back ups. Was good while it lasted.

On the concentrates, yup, I'm learning how to spare, and I am narrowing down my purchases in general, just so many flavours I've yet to experience.

I knew it was going to be small, but it's proper dinky! :D

GWE8p4I.jpg

Shoulder to shoulder with a 50ml bottle for comparison, dwarfed by the Evic 'mini'

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

My Smok TFV4 mini arrived today, its gigantic for a 'mini' tank. The air flow is massive even with the drip tip airflow closed also the top fill is very handy. My evic vtc mini isn't even pushing the .35 dual Clapton that far at 75w, I rarely ever went above 25/30w. I will have to start looking at higher wattage mods for this bad boy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

My Smok TFV4 mini arrived today, its gigantic for a 'mini' tank. The air flow is massive even with the drip tip airflow closed also the top fill is very handy. My evic vtc mini isn't even pushing the .35 dual Clapton that far at 75w, I rarely ever went above 25/30w. I will have to start looking at higher wattage mods for this bad boy

The stock coils are insane. Yeah I'd vape most things around 40-70w, but would be 90+ for the smok.

Haven't used the RBA yet but had planned on setting it up tonight. Just be careful if chain vaping, the thing gets hotter than any other tank I've had, your fingers might end up smelling like sausages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

My Smok TFV4 mini arrived today, its gigantic for a 'mini' tank. The air flow is massive even with the drip tip airflow closed also the top fill is very handy. My evic vtc mini isn't even pushing the .35 dual Clapton that far at 75w, I rarely ever went above 25/30w. I will have to start looking at higher wattage mods for this bad boy

Would look great on a Cuboid and all the power that you need.

Over time I've settled into a comfort zone of 0.4‎Ω- 0.5‎Ω, 40w-55w, airflow almost always wide open on most tanks. That's where I like to be, and when I build coils for attys I build with that in mind too. I find 60w+ just gets too hot for my liking so all the 200w devices don't lure me in at least :D It's great to know where you like to be comfortable, all those sub 100w mods will be cheap as chips soon with everyone getting more power hungry :D

moleyv wrote: »
    Just be careful if chain vaping, the thing gets hotter than any other tank I've had, your fingers might end up smelling like sausages.
    I noticed that heat at 75w so I turned it down a bit, could it be dangerous?

jno547 wrote: »
    Would look great on a Cuboid and all the power that you need.

I'll take a look on gearbest for that, I don't mind waiting a while for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Over time I've settled into a comfort zone of 0.4‎Ω- 0.5‎Ω, 40w-55w, airflow almost always wide open on most tanks. That's where I like to be, and when I build coils for attys I build with that in mind too. I find 60w+ just gets too hot for my liking so all the 200w devices don't lure me in at least :D It's great to know where you like to be comfortable, all those sub 100w mods will be cheap as chips soon with everyone getting more power hungry :D

Horses for courses, but having tried high vg sub-ohming tanks, I've concluded it's just not for me. I'm loving my two kayfun mini v3's. Rocking a 1 ohm coil at 12w. At least I'm not chugging through juice and I get a day out of my batteries :D

• Advertisement

I noticed that heat at 75w so I turned it down a bit, could it be dangerous?

I wouldn't say dangerous, just be wary of burning lips, although I've always wondered if the heating up of the liquid in the tank might affect the chemical properties, that applies to many tanks though.

I would say be sure to use some of the airflow built into the drip tip, I've never had the drip tip heat up to an uncomfortable level, even if the tank itself was piping. I suppose if a child grabbed the tank it could be dangerous, if that's a consideration.

Just re the cuboid, a number of people using the tfv4 mini on it have found it wrecked the pin in the cuboid due to the connection on the tfv4 mini being long. Joyetech won't entertain any warranty claims where the tfv4 mini was used.

I've used it on my cuboid and had no damage, but something to bear in mind.

I mostly use it on my rx200.

The tfv4 mini is a tank of extremes, the stock coils are epic, but costly, yet last a long time if cared for. Mine lasted couple of months each. I remember it took 1.5 ml of liquid just to prime one of them. Watch liquid level too, it devours juice so easy to let it run dry.

I'm looking forward to using the RBA later as not used the tank in a month or so.

TinCool wrote: »
    Horses for courses, but having tried high vg sub-ohming tanks, I've concluded it's just not for me. I'm loving my two kayfun mini v3's. Rocking a 1 ohm coil at 12w. At least I'm not chugging through juice and I get a day out of my batteries :D

That's how I vaped for over 2 years ;) Then I tried the Atlantis one day in iVape, and fell in love with lung hitting. It was what I'd been looking for, I just didn't know it :D

Juice is no problem when you DIY ;)

I wouldn't say dangerous, just be wary of burning lips, although I've always wondered if the heating up of the liquid in the tank might affect the chemical properties, that applies to many tanks though.

I would say be sure to use some of the airflow built into the drip tip, I've never had the drip tip heat up to an uncomfortable level, even if the tank itself was piping. I suppose if a child grabbed the tank it could be dangerous, if that's a consideration.

Just re the cuboid, a number of people using the tfv4 mini on it have found it wrecked the pin in the cuboid due to the connection on the tfv4 mini being long. Joyetech won't entertain any warranty claims where the tfv4 mini was used.

I've used it on my cuboid and had no damage, but something to bear in mind.

I mostly use it on my rx200.

The tfv4 mini is a tank of extremes, the stock coils are epic, but costly, yet last a long time if cared for. Mine lasted couple of months each. I remember it took 1.5 ml of liquid just to prime one of them. Watch liquid level too, it devours juice so easy to let it run dry.

I'm looking forward to using the RBA later as not used the tank in a month or so.

That's interesting to note and must watch out for any damage,no problems so far thankfully.:)

Speaking of Cuboid's the Cuboid Mini is now available at Efag.

http://www.efag.ie/electronic-mods/498-joyetech-cuboid-mini-tc-80w-express-kit-2400mah.html

€55 isn't bad plus the discount and I swear this is the last mod/tank I'm buying this..........month. :D

jno547 wrote:

Is that just the mod and no tank?

jno547 wrote: »

http://www.efag.ie/electronic-mods/498-joyetech-cuboid-mini-tc-80w-express-kit-2400mah.html

€55 isn't bad plus the discount and I swear this is the last mod/tank I'm buying this..........month. :D

Same here, it'll be a lovely back up .... to my back up :D

No hurry for it though, but I do like the idea of having at least one built-in batt mod.

I'm wondering that as well,but as far as I know it's sold as a kit. I'll email Efag.

It's just the mod I'm afraid,tank won't be in stock till next Monday/Tuesday,it's held up by Customs.
    Price for both will be in the region of €79.

Yeah, 'express kit' always = just the mod, don't get why they still use "kit".

I don't actually like the look of the tank :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I'm seriously considering buying the RX200 for €34 on gearbest

I like it for a couple of reasons, leak free, rba included, aesthetics. Think it's worth a try and the reviews so far are good.

I must watch a few reviews, watched one recently and the tank just looked awkward. They claim every other tank is leak proof also, doesn't always follow through

I must watch a few reviews, watched one recently and the tank just looked awkward. They claim every other tank is leak proof also, doesn't always follow through

I think they might have nailed the leak free on this one, sealed base with huge top fill and coils also inserted from top.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Thinking about the cuboid mini myself, cool looking little yoke, but think I'll just get the aio to start with to see if I like the coils. I have so many tanks and mods lying around that I bought and barely used.

Edit: That was fast, got an AIO in the e smoke store in Cork (I think that's what it's called). Seriously dinky, only just filled it but the first few vapes are tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

TBH I'm more interested in the tank from the cuboid mini kit . The built in battery just put me off . The tank also takes an RBA .

Geekvape Avocado. A Genesis style rdta that is supposedly the dog's utensils for flavour.

Edit. If anyone has one let me know your thoughts on it.

I wicked up the pre installed Clapton in the RBA and its unbelievable. .6ohm and chucking lovely clouds at 50w and the flavour is really good too.

I wicked up the pre installed Clapton in the RBA and its unbelievable. .6ohm and chucking lovely clouds at 50w and the flavour is really good too.

Yeah, I did the same. Its very nice. I thought I put too much cotton in but said I would try it first. Chain vaping and wicking isn't an issue. More capacity too than if using the stock coils. I might build my own coil for it though, I'd like it a bit lower than 0.6.

• Advertisement

EGriff wrote: »

Edit: That was fast, got an AIO in the e smoke store in Cork (I think that's what it's called). Seriously dinky, only just filled it but the first few vapes are tasty.

Just make sure never to crack that glass in the tank!!

otherwise, I'd not mind one meself, they do look pretty nifty

Advertisement