Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I ordered

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

How are you finding the nautilus?

Woops just seen you ordered today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Has anyone ever used Zapwrapz? Just curious. Might personalize my mods at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Has anyone ever used Zapwrapz? Just curious. Might personalize my mods at some stage

Yeah i got some skins for my rx200's they are awesome and have taken a fair bit of use but still look new.

Nice one, they do look pretty cool I think. Considering a wooden look for the Pico, and when I get my Rx200 maybe some carbon fibre. Only thing I noticed was some of the wraps done fully cover the mod, so if you have a bright coloured one, and get some dark coloured wraps, the original colour may still show through.I wouldn't do the Evic mini for example, as the wrap doesn't cover the button area indents

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Nice one, they do look pretty cool I think. Considering a wooden look for the Pico, and when I get my Rx200 maybe some carbon fibre. Only thing I noticed was some of the wraps done fully cover the mod, so if you have a bright coloured one, and get some dark coloured wraps, the original colour may still show through

yeah i got a dark wood and black wrap for a black rx. im sure if i had put a lighter wrap on it the black underneath would have shown through more noticeably. the woods are really nice, they have a 'grain' in the vinyl. Also the wraps add a bit of grip to a slippy mod :D

• Advertisement

Maybe the key is to stick in or around a similar colour scheme. I think the Pico would be simple enough, but I have a gold evic, and that's hard to matchy-matchy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Maybe the key is to stick in or around a similar colour scheme. I think the Pico would be simple enough, but I have a gold evic, and that's hard to matchy-matchy

I have that shiny gold colour on the Zero 60w & I put on a dark brown Crocodile wrap & it looks the bees knees,goes very well with the gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

A Kamry K1000 e-pipe kit for the craic. Only 20 bucks on gearbest's flash sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

jno547 wrote: »

Well jealous. Enjoy. Give me a shout if it's not for you ;)

• Advertisement

bd2012 wrote:
    Well jealous. Enjoy. Give me a shout if it's not for you

Will do, but no, this is for evermore.......:)
    I cleared a lot of kit lately with the intention of replacing it with a top end mod and tank,it was a toss up between the Kayfun and a Squape,I went with the Kayfun as I've used one before and it's a quality bit of engineering.
    I was going to put a Dicodes 6 under it but I'm having second thoughts as I think a Kayfun was made for a tube mod,not mad on either the Provari or the 2380 Dicodes so if anyone has a suggestion?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

No more lung hits?

EGriff wrote: »
    No more lung hits?

The Theorem as someone mentioned has me getting the best out of mtl at the moment so I opted for that route as there's any amount of dtl tanks out there.

I never had a Kayfun, the older ones looked way too fiddly to deal with The new one does look nice, but I can't go back to MTL. I have tried on some more restrictive tanks, but my mouth just auto-kicks into DTL mode :D

I never had a Kayfun, the older ones looked way too fiddly to deal with The new one does look nice, but I can't go back to MTL. I have tried on some more restrictive tanks, but my mouth just auto-kicks into DTL mode :D

It does take a little getting used to again but is a very satisfying vape plus it's not as hard on juice. :D

The new Kayfun has A LOT more airflow than it's predecessors so should be far more open to lung hits. Not crazy dripper open but open nonetheless. Pbusardo's review actually complains that it's not tight enough of a draw for him. But apparently they're releasing an 'inexpensive part' to tighten it up a bit too. Looks a fairly versatile tank and not as overly complicated as the v4s which I still love and are my dailys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I cleared a lot of kit lately with the intention of replacing it with a top end mod and tank,it was a toss up between the Kayfun and a Squape,I went with the Kayfun as I've used one before and it's a quality bit of engineering.
    I was going to put a Dicodes 6 under it but I'm having second thoughts as I think a Kayfun was made for a tube mod,not mad on either the Provari or the 2380 Dicodes so if anyone has a suggestion?.

I've really gone back to simplicity with my setup. I'm running my kayfun v3's on silver ego one batteries (1100 mah ones). Perfect 19mm mtl goodness. Easy to use and easy to refill.

TinCool wrote:
    I've really gone back to simplicity with my setup. I'm running my kayfun v3's on silver ego one batteries (1100 mah ones). Perfect 19mm mtl goodness. Easy to use and easy to refill.

You make a good point, sometimes a good vape is best from a simple setup as it can be totally lost in the more powerful setups.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

Ordered one yesterday to :) can't wait to play with it.It was a toss up between the Squape and Kayfun for me to, but i really enjoyed the restricted lung draw from the Squape Rs so i went for the Kayfun for now.

I'll just be using it with my VF Stout for now until i see what DNA 75's hit the market.But if i sell more vape gear and get a little more stingy in life in general i might get a SVB mod.

No way I'm ever going back to using Ego twists :D Was on them long enough. i think we're spoiled for sure these days, and it's easy get caught up in the shiny stuffs. But I like to have control, I like to have something solid and reliable in hand. I have 3 decent mods now, and that's all I need, with half a dozen tanks. Since I began DIY mixing I like to have back ups for taste testing. I'll have different flavours in all my tanks in rotation. I also burn through batteries very quickly doing this, so I do need those extra mods. I'm by no means a 'cloud chaser' though. Beyond 50w to me gets too warm and not a pleasant vape. I'm a flavour chaser for sure. But MTL ... I don't think I'll ever do again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

You make a good point, sometimes a good vape is best from a simple setup as it can be totally lost in the more powerful setups.

Too right. I dabbled in sub-ohming and concluded that cloud chasing, high VG, DTL was not for me. I always did get on with my KFL+ but the bottom filling was always a bit of a pain. I didn't like the look of the V4 but the mini-V3 ticked all the boxes for me. Easily my best vape to date. Easy fill, small and pocketable, great vape (for what I look for at least).

I'm finally happy out with it along with my all day vape of Liqua French Pipe. I'll need to restock on that soon though as I've only got three unopened bottles left. Thankfully my last bout of shinyitis and juice searching has finished months ago and have concluded that the FP is all I need and I never tire of it. Thank God !

LazyPicti wrote:
    I'll just be using it with my VF Stout for now until i see what DNA 75's hit the market.But if i sell more vape gear and get a little more stingy in life in general i might get a SVB mod.

The new hcigar dna75 looks good, I don't think it's in stock here yet but it's on the list of possibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Just on the discussion of 75w devices, I realise not DNA quality, but there is a wismec reuleaux rx75 coming out. Its quite small and has a 'step' down similar to the pico. Single 18650.

Looks 50 times nicer than the pico. At least!! Haha.

TinCool wrote:
    I'm finally happy out with it along with my all day vape of Liqua French Pipe. I'll need to restock on that soon though as I've only got three unopened bottles left. Thankfully my last bout of shinyitis and juice searching has finished months ago and have concluded that the FP is all I need and I never tire of it. Thank God !

That's the perfect situation to be in, a setup your happy with, a good value juice you enjoy and the knowledge of what doesn't suit you is priceless. Kinda jealous of you now:)

The hcigar does look nice and i know it will feel like quality in your hand as do all the hcigar DNA's.FT have a good deal on the SMY SDNA75, $66 with code MAP.

I almost bought the rx75, it looks really nice but the other new tank i ordered is 25mm so it's a no go.

moleyv wrote: »
    Just on the discussion of 75w devices, I realise not DNA quality, but there is a wismec reuleaux rx75 coming out. Its quite small and has a 'step' down similar to the pico. Single 18650.

Looks 50 times nicer than the pico. At least!! Haha.

Oi! less of the Pico bashing! :D I actually don't like the styling of the rx75. Different strokes and all that, I think the Pico has a classier look about it. The rx75 is too Tron like for me.

Oi! less of the Pico bashing! I actually don't like the styling of the rx75. Different strokes and all that, I think the Pico has a classier look about it. The rx75 is too Tron like for me.

I've a pico on the way and it will feel like the regret you get after waking up next to some unfavourable decision after a night out.

I just find all isticks to be cheap and tacky; as you say, different strokes and all that. They certainly have a following.

The pico is the first mod from them I thought didn't feel 'tacky' or cheap. My missus has the 20w [or had, it gave in after 6 months] and the 30w, both of those feel cheap to me. I had the 50w, and had nothing but trouble with it, brought it back and exchanged for an IPV mini2 at the time. So I was very skeptical. But have to say, it's about as solid as any other mod in it's class [the single 18650 crew]

Little rock :P

nT25cTq.jpg

I'll reserve full judgement until it arrives. The fire button looks a bit small. To be fair, I only ever had the 20w and 60wTC. They feel OK, but in comparison to other brands, for similar money, not my favourite.

If like you, I'd a 20,30 and 50 that were below expectations, I wouldn't be giving them another chance.

Also just on that SMY dna75, is their build quality decent? I'd actually consider that discount. The wood finish one looks nice in the pictures at least.

• Advertisement

I owned a SMY 60w TC mini and it was great, solid feeling little mod but the buttons were a bit crap.My friend still uses it daily.

DJLSsubs (not sure if that's his name? lol) has a video up on you tube for the SDNA75.

Advertisement