Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I ordered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

moleyv wrote: »
    I have two nitecore um20s. Just double checked there, don't do 26650s. Another consideration if buying the Hcigar, new charger too (15e + new battery as I only have 18650s). I wouldn't think about charging a battery that size internally.

What brand 26650s do you use. There isn't much choice, mostly efest.

I only have 2 efest 4200mah's just now but i plan on buying some Basen 26650's, they are suppose to be really good.Cigreen have them for €13 each i think, pretty good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

LazyPicti wrote:
    I only have 2 efest 4200mah's just now but i plan on buying some Basen 26650's, they are suppose to be really good.Cigreen have them for €13 each i think, pretty good price.

Brilliant. That is a good price. I've half the money raised from selling stuff!!

Or I might just get an asmodus minikin instead....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Yeah, I would consider them almost essential to anyone into building. Some places charge stupid money, think I got a youde pair for like 3e.

Efag had little ones for 4.50, the kind with the grip for unscrewing stubborn tanks. Should do the job for me

Or I might just get an asmodus minikin instead....

lol, decisions decisions.

To be fair though the Minikin does look great.

Efag had little ones for 4.50, the kind with the grip for unscrewing stubborn tanks. Should do the job for me

Ah, I've seen plenty of those. I think all the manufacturers are making rebrands of those. Would have been handy back when using nautilus minis for sure! Nice multi tool device.

• Advertisement

Some of you were talking about the HCigar VT75 and the HotCig DX75? Fagan review both together:

21:30 in ... no way I'm buying a mod that can taze me randomly ... :/

Thanks that will give me something to watch later.Getting shocked doesn't sound to good lol.

21:30 in ... no way I'm buying a mod that can taze me randomly ... :/

The suspense is killing me! Which one is it? Can't watch anything right now.

The suspense is killing me! Which one is it? Can't watch anything right now.

Both, unfortunately, it's a fault with the battery doors. There's a screw on them, if it isn't tightened up snug, it'll shock you when you hit the fire button. He shocks himself during the review shile trying to demonstrate. Also he says they both have terrible battery performance, worse with 26650 than with 18650 for some odd reason. And neither have a default power wattage mode ... whut? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

• Advertisement

That is kinda snazzy, I like the brushed black steel one. But I'm done with mods for now ... I swear!! :D

Both, unfortunately, it's a fault with the battery doors. There's a screw on them, if it isn't tightened up snug, it'll shock you when you hit the fire button. He shocks himself during the review shile trying to demonstrate. Also he says they both have terrible battery performance, worse with 26650 than with 18650 for some odd reason. And neither have a default power wattage mode ... whut?

Hmmm, I saw a review on the hcigar saying battery performance was excellent. I'll wait for pbsuardo, I know he is doing a review of the SMY.

I'll hold off a while anyway, I think the MAP code will work for a while.

That is kinda snazzy, I like the brushed black steel one. But I'm done with mods for now ... I swear!! :D

I say that every week. Never does work out though lol.

I say that every week. Never does work out though lol.

I only bought an rx200 this week on here, and yesterday an Avocado 24, missus will have a melt down if I get any more vape mail :D

There's an IPV Yaris and IPV 400 too:

Just as well on the no default power mode, its just a check box in the computer programme, so I won't worry about that. The SMY has been 'tuned' by DJSL labs and he put tonnes of presets on it.

The IPV6 is very solid looking as I've seen loads of reviews. Just be wary of the whole side battery door. Its the same on my Koopor Plus, the only little niggle on a fantastic device.

The only IPV I've had was the mini 2. It was a great little single batt 70w device while it lasted. But the paint fell off over time, then the 510 connection packed in. Still have it, keep meaning to try fix it ... paper weight for now. But they have gotten a lot better since, each new model.

I wanna punch people in the face when they tell me the savings to be made by vaping. :D

I reckon after 3.5yrs vaping, I'm only getting ahead on that front now! Since I began DIY liquid, doing my own builds and trying to keep it to 2-3 mods and a few tanks at any one time, I'm getting there. My sig on UKV tells me I've saved a fortune ... love to know where it is :D

jJh0QIM.jpg

Me hole I saved that much haha

Some of you were talking about the HCigar VT75 and the HotCig DX75? Fagan review both together:

You know after he mentioned it initially, it didn't seem like a big deal, he played it down. THEN when he actually got a shock from it, its no minor thing. Why didn't they put a plastic cap over them...

Bizarre. Also other reviews with the 26650 had no issues from the batteries. But it can hardly be a one off for that guy, as the two devices were the same..

Looks like the SMY version could be the best after all :)

Even if they put a cap on, it's a flawed design, very dodgy. I can see them getting a lot of complaints, and maybe sending out replacement caps.

My Avocado arrived this morning. Lovely tank. When I wicked it, I just barely dipped the cotton into the juice holes. I thought I'd cut it too short, but it's not given me one dry hit since, and I've passed a couple of tanks of juice through it. Great flavour, so simple to build and wick. Only thing I don't like is having to unscrew the 510 pin anytime you want to clean it out or change the glass. It leaves the positive post loose and could screw up your build. If you want to change flavours you have to vape it dry first or go through that process. Otherwise it's a beast.

• Advertisement

Even if they put a cap on, it's a flawed design, very dodgy. I can see them getting a lot of complaints, and maybe sending out replacement caps.

My Avocado arrived this morning. Lovely tank. When I wicked it, I just barely dipped the cotton into the juice holes. I thought I'd cut it too short, but it's not given me one dry hit since, and I've passed a couple of tanks of juice through it. Great flavour, so simple to build and wick. Only thing I don't like is having to unscrew the 510 pin anytime you want to clean it out or change the glass. It leaves the positive post loose and could screw up your build. If you want to change flavours you have to vape it dry first or go through that process. Otherwise it's a beast.

Excellent, I will be ordering one for sure!

Got to open my Griffin 25 today. Its quite big. Lovely vape off it, easy to build on and wick. Happy days!!

Yeah I can see them doing a v2 and maybe recalling the first ones of the dna 75s

I pondered on the Griffin 25 too, also like the look of the Herakles RTA V2 and the Crius Plus. But think I'm good for tanks for now :D What I like about the Avocado though is it's low profile. It's a lot shorter than many other 24-25mm tanks. In fact it's a lot shorter even than the Cleito. And still holds 4ml [apparently 5ml but saw Mike Vapes measure a fill and he only got 4ml in] ANd being an 'RDTA', you can drip directly onto the coils just like you would with an RDA. It's easy to fill either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Best site to order liquids from? I'm looking for someone who sends them via post rather than courier as I live in a remote area and it's easier to get it delivered by post for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Best site to order liquids from? I'm looking for someone who sends them via post rather than courier as I live in a remote area and it's easier to get it delivered by post for me.

The sites below have never used a courier service to me,always AnPost....

http://e-smokeireland.com/mods/

http://e-shop.ie/eshop/

http://www.cloudhousevapor.com/

I am sure there is more but I can't remember,but those three above definitely uses AnPost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Patww79 wrote: »

Because your skint or can't find a local shop with them in stock...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Smoant knight v1. Always wanted a regulated side by side mod. Could never justify the cost of the xvostick and I'll never buy a clone reg mod again.
    To keep the clone manufacturers happy I also bought a kayfun 5 and a squape x dream from 3f

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Did I read somewhere, sometime, that you should keep the orders small to avoid customs when shopping on gearbest ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭mossymac!

Orders from all the Chinese sites are better if physically small. If the package is large, or if it feels like there are alot of items in it customs tend to get nosey.

To date I haven't noticed them pay more attention to any supplier in particular.

The only one of mine they stopped was from fasttech and had a multitude of small crap in it - €7 an post charge plus 23% of the value of the package - not the end of the world, but could have done without it.

Advertisement