Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I ordered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

I'm going opposite direction, sold off my rx200 and ordered a Cuboid - waiting on it to arrive atm, looking like it'll be tomorrow though, going by tracking.

dual 18650 is more than enough for me, as I use 2 other single batt mods too during any day.

The rx200 is a great mod though, 3 fully charged batts will last you an age, but I'd recommend having a second set of 3 on the ready too if it's going to be your main device.

The cuboid really is fantastic, I can't fault it at all. I had no plans to replace it before I broke it. I've wanted to try the rx200 for ages though, but if I don't like it I'll sell it and get another cuboid.

Good advice on the spares, I'm going to order 6 new batteries from eu.nkon.nl. The prices there are fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Saw ESI was having a sale on one hit wonder vape so ordered muffin man and police man to give em a try wish I could have ordered some milk man too :(. Also got some Geek Vape 316L wire, bacon bits cotton and a ceramic tweezers.

Also have an RH clone on the way thanks to Jno :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Eurgh, just got my first crappy condition mod in the mail ... a Cuboid from E-dym - the screen, right out of the box, is scuffed and scratched, looks like someone scraped it off a wall :/ Weird, because the rest of the mod is perfect.

4aTZBVU.jpg

On the other hand my Tesla nano 60w arrived today also, and that one is perfect, sexy little thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Eurgh, just got my first crappy condition mod in the mail ... a Cuboid from E-dym - the screen, right out of the box, is scuffed and scratched, looks like someone scraped it off a wall :/ Weird, because the rest of the mod is perfect.

On the other hand my Tesla nano 60w arrived today also, and that one is perfect, sexy little thing.

Is it possible its just the screen protector my evic vtc mini arrived like that and there was a very fine screen protector on it the screen was perfect

Ah just seen the pic dont look like it sadly if you have a friend that speaks the lingo get em to email them and request a replacement

Unfortunately not, that's the first thing I checked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭mossymac!

Small silver lining - at least it wasn't FT, GB, etc. - think I'd almost prefer to eat the mod than try to deal with them on faulty goods :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Unfortunately not, that's the first thing I checked

Was there no screen protector on it when you opened the box ? ...because they do come with one . Mine is still on my one because they are so thin you wouldn't even know it was there unless you tried to scrape it off from one of the corners .

Either way , even the screen protector shouldn't be scratched when you open the box .

S**T, there is a protector on there lol

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

4aTZBVU.jpg

First a smashed tank, now a scratched mod - dont suppose you broke a mirror when you were moving ?? :p

Shinobollo wrote: »
    First a smashed tank, now a scratched mod - dont suppose you broke a mirror when you were moving ?? :p

Don't forget I drowned a phone too! got a shiney new S6 today ... see how long that'll last! :D

Screen protector is now off and I feel like a clown ... yup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Don't forget I drowned a phone too! got a shiney new S6 today ... see how long that'll last! :D

Screen protector is now off and I feel like a clown ... yup

DOH !

In my defence though, look at the image, you really cannot make out there is a protector on there. I've peeled off hundreds of them, there was one on the Tesla too, which was very obvious. Never seen one so invisible.

Oh well ... at least it's grand now ... move along, nothing to see here ... :D

In my defence though, look at the image, you really cannot make out there is a protector on there. I've peeled off hundreds of them, there was one on the Tesla too, which was very obvious. Never seen one so invisible.

Oh well ... at least it's grand now ... move along, nothing to see here ... :D

It's hard to point out to someone that there is an almost invisible screen protector on them without coming across like you are calling them an idiot ( which you aren't ) . I said it to one guy in the FB group and he completely blanked the suggestion .

jonski wrote: »
    It's hard to point out to someone that there is an almost invisible screen protector on them without coming across like you are calling them an idiot ( which you aren't ) . I said it to one guy in the FB group and he completely blanked the suggestion .

It was when you said there should be one, I went and tried it again [I had actually picked at it when I first took it out but nothing] I thought F it, if it's damaged already can't make it much worse so got a bit braver - then ... a wee, tiny corner came away - I actually thought I'd scratched it at first.

Happy enough to feel silly on this one, means I won't have to ship it back to Poland! :)

It was when you said there should be one, I went and tried it again [I had actually picked at it when I first took it out but nothing] I thought F it, if it's damaged already can't make it much worse so got a bit braver - then ... a wee, tiny corner came away - I actually thought I'd scratched it at first.

Happy enough to feel silly on this one, means I won't have to ship it back to Poland! :)

The only reason I know is because when I got mine, a good few months ago when they first came out, I saw a review where the reviewer noticed it . So I tried a small corner of mine and sure enough it was there . To this day that small corner is still slightly peeled back but it has never come any further and I have never tried to peel it .

jonski wrote: »
    The only reason I know is because when I got mine, a good few months ago when they first came out, I saw a review where the reviewer noticed it . So I tried a small corner of mine and sure enough it was there . To this day that small corner is still slightly peeled back but it has never come any further and I have never tried to peel it .

Will look good if you ever go to sell it in that case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Another order from Poland....

Back up AIO (im convinced I'm gona lose my original one)
    Avocado 24mm
    10 more concentrates. Some i don't exactly need but hard to say no at the price.
    All FA €2.50 and all Capella €2-2.50.
    0.2ohm Coils for Cleito for €2.10 each

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

TFV8 Cloud Beast, picked it up in my local B&M today, along with some of Ireland's own, Witchcraft 3mg Mojo Juice. Been using a Cleito for the past while the cloud generation of the TFV8 is a massive step up from that, even a massive step up from my old TFV4. Currently using it with the pre-fitted V8-T8 coil, it also comes with a RBA with 2 pre-installed claptons, some cotton and a rake of spare parts as well as another pre-built V8-Q4 coil.

N8fVBDh.jpg

Any Tesla nano 60w owners? If so, do you find it a little under-powered? Mine certainly feels a bit. With the same tank and coil at the same watts, it has a lot less 'oomph' than other mods. Could it be that it's an on-board battery and I'm not used to them? Are they normally a little under powered toward 18650 devices? I feel like it needs at least a good 8-10w higher than the norm per coil. I do like it, very nice little mod, but it's definitely lacking on the power side, or at least mine seems to be.

Still a happy camper this week, as both my ordered mods arrived

tFgaUHc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Have noted no power issues with my Tesla when compared to the Evic vt or M80

• Advertisement

Ionised wrote: »
    Have noted no power issues with my Tesla when compared to the Evic vt or M80

It was the Evic mini TC I used to directly compare it, just feels a bit weaker at the same levels. And it was fully charged of course, with a fresh batt in the Evic, to make it fair. There's also a slight delay after firing.

I still think it's a lovely little mod. If they brought out a slightly bigger version, with 100w+, same design, bigger batt, and TC for SS, it would kill IMO. Why there isn't more mods on the market with the fire button in a similar position I'll never understand. And the fact it sits 24mm tanks comfortably is a big plus. For those of us who never stray beyond 60w normally at least

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Haven't noticed any power issues either with mine and I have 2. That seems strange alright. In saying that, I rarely go over 30/35 watts, so it may be more noticeable at higher wattages?

The delay is fairly common in my experience with inbuilt battery devices. Usually a fraction of a second of a delay and I only notice a delay from firing when the mod is awoken from standby/sleep mode. Once I fire it after waking it up I notice no delay. From standby I fire it as I am lifting it to my mouth rather than when it is at my mouth. Something you will adapt to quickly without too much inconvenience. :)

Haven't noticed any power issues either with mine and I have 2. That seems strange alright. In saying that, I rarely go over 30/35 watts, so it may be more noticeable at higher wattages?

The delay is fairly common in my experience with inbuilt battery devices. Usually a fraction of a second of a delay and I only notice a delay from firing when the mod is awoken from standby/sleep mode. Once I fire it after waking it up I notice no delay. From standby I fire it as I am lifting it to my mouth rather than when it is at my mouth. Something you will adapt to quickly without too much inconvenience. :)

It's actually behaving much better with other tanks, just seems to feel under-powered with the Avocado 24 for some reason. I think it's just that the wider tanks like to be bumped up that bit higher in power to perform best. It's performing very nicely with the Bellus RTA, which has a lower resistance coil @0.24ohm, but giving a nice hit at 55w

Shame, it's so sexy with the Avocado attached

E0g6GaQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Any Tesla nano 60w owners? If so, do you find it a little under-powered?

Absolutely, I also have a cuboid and a tesla nano 60w.

My main setup is a griffin with claptons at .4ohm which i usually use on the cuboid at 60w. Thats perfect for me and i'm well used to it.

I got a tesla recently and when using the same tank its a very noticeable drop from the cuboid at 60w...it feels like around 40-45w. Even when its fully charged.

I love the build quality and design of the tesla but its DEFINITELY not hitting 60w.

I've also noticed that it tends to read resistences good bit lower than the cuboid.

I still get good use from the tesla with low wattage setups, kayfun mini etc.

Great pics btw, I love the white cuboid. I tend to go with stainless steel for everything but those pics are giving me cause for regret!

Edit: Probably the best thing about the tesla is how fast the thing charges when using a decent plug. You can charge it from flat to almost full in an hour. Winner.

Aha! so it's not just my one, good to know, cheers. I just tested what you said there on different readings, and that's happening with mine too. Hadn't paid attention to that, but tried 3 tanks just now and they are reading slightly lower on the Tesla compared to the Cuboid. I'll stick to using the Bellus and Cleito on it for now, but I did get the black for the Avocado :/ It's actually reading the Cleito the most off, the coils read 0.41 on both the Cuboid and Evic mini, and 0.35 on the Tesla - that's a good difference. But, the Cleito is performing pretty good still on it, at 55-60w - would only have it at 45-50 on the others.

My Cuboid is actually a satin/matt finish grey, it came out in that pic a lot brighter than it is, I meant to say, as I'd actually prefer if it was lighter colour now after that pic :D [note the reflection on the glass table gives it away a bit better] It was a mix of the garden light, the sun was out at the time surprisingly, and the edits I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

At lower wattage I didn't see an issue, but obviously above 30 watts there is obviously a discrepancy from the previous posts. I apologize if I misled anybody.

Either way that pic is impressive and I am photographer.

+1

At lower wattage I didn't see an issue, but obviously above 30 watts there is obviously a discrepancy from the previous posts. I apologize if I mislead anybody.

Either way that pic is impressive and I am photographer.

+1

Not at all, yours may very well behave better than the one I got, that's the way with built in batteries - nothing much you can do about it.

I'm a photographer also ;) these are phone shots, but I do get a little arty farty out of habit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

I believe the cuboid reads coils as being higher than other mods. A coil that reads .26 on my other mods, reads at around .29 or .30 on the cuboid. It did that with every coil I put on it.

Just ordered a Coil master Mage RTA. Let's see how 'fast' FT are for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Just received my 2 x Limitless Plus from the UK using Addess Pal,took 7 days...

Just ordered 2 x [FONT=Open-sans, sans-serif][FONT=Open-sans, sans-serif]Sense Herakles RTA-2 from E-Dym....

Also ordered another RX200 from S & Heaven €41,I got the last one,that's 6 I have now :D:D
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

Advertisement